- Pete Buttigieg mocked for ‘staged’ walking photo 2 Weeks Ago
- Louise Linton deletes pro-Greta Thunberg Instagram post Today 10:58 AM
- ‘Crip Camp’ shows how a radical summer camp was monumental to the disability rights movement Today 9:08 AM
- How to live stream the 2020 Grammy Awards Today 7:00 AM
- Technology created deepfakes—does it have a way to stop them, too? Today 6:30 AM
- SESTA-FOSTA is ‘detrimental’ to sex workers’ safety, study confirms Today 6:00 AM
- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
- TikTok teens use AirPods and Google Translate to secretly talk in class Saturday 4:32 PM
- Video shows corpses of coronavirus victims lying in China hospital Saturday 3:44 PM
- Kid meets Slipknot after drumming video goes viral Saturday 2:30 PM
- Channing Tatum responds to troll who tried to compare Jenna Dewan and Jessie J’s looks Saturday 1:46 PM
- Grindr pulls an ‘I don’t know her’ after Eminem suggests he uses the app Saturday 12:48 PM
- Here are the top 10 most popular Instagram models in 2020 Saturday 12:21 PM
Almost everyone has, at some point in their life, come across a pet owner who looks exactly like their pet.
There is a resemblance that can’t be denied. Maybe some small vein of narcissism urged the human to buy a pet that looks just like them, or maybe the years slowly changed the two into furry and bald versions of each other. But rarely do people discover a dog that has absolutely no relation to its human identical twin. The internet, in all of its strange glory, has managed to do just that.
After an Ausiepoo named Nori Porkchop with pure, kind eyes began making the rounds online, people started to notice an uncanny resemblance. To Seth Rogen. And the 37-year-old actor couldn’t be more flattered.
It all started with Nori’s beautiful, warm eyes.
Just look at his eyes and smile pic.twitter.com/6qg84g8Hgq— 41 Strange (@41Strange) January 9, 2020
As the picture made the rounds online, dozens of comparisons were drawn. People saw Bob Ross, the Mona Lisa, and even Macaulay Culkin in Nori’s oddly human eyes. Once people started noticing Rogen, however, they couldn’t see anything else.
More Twitter users began spreading the comparison online, and it eventually made its way to Rogen. The Lion King actor found the comparison to be the highest praise, and quickly shared the photo himself.
“I’ve been tagged by dozens of people saying I look like this dog and I couldn’t be more flattered,” he tweeted on Thursday.
I’ve been tagged by dozens of people saying I look like this dog and I couldn’t be more flattered. https://t.co/x0y3fFmeMd— Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) January 9, 2020
Fans of the actor—and of Nori’s smiling eyes—took to the comment section to share their approval. “Sorry, he’s better looking,” one commenter wrote.
Sorry, he's better looking— Ken aka Proud Human Scum (@kenpgh) January 10, 2020
Dude, 1000%. Wow— Mike Eisenberg (@filmreviewbyme) January 9, 2020
People couldn’t stop themselves from drawing a side-by-side comparison. One user even made a short video overlaying Rogen’s face on the photo of Nori. Seriously, it’s uncanny.
Seth Rover... totally agree: pic.twitter.com/0EZSRub3Ym— Ken Henderson (@krusty027) January 9, 2020
When it was decided, once and for all, that Nori and Rogen were twins, people began wondering after Nori’s bark. If he looks that much like Rogen, doesn’t it follow that he might sound the same too?
I hope his bark sounds exactly likes your laugh 😂— Trey Shannon (@TreyMclovin) January 9, 2020
If his bark is like your laugh though, I'll die! 😂— 🌻🌺Rebecca W🌹🌼 (@rrw315) January 9, 2020
I don't know why, but I felt compelled to create this. I'm sorry. pic.twitter.com/pok4IpgwJo— alan (@CheesySituation) January 9, 2020
While half of the internet was busy giggling over Nori with Rogen’s infectious laugh, other commenters noted that the only way for Nori to truly resemble Rogen is to… well… get really high.
“Close but pretty sure it would look a little more baked,” one commenter wrote.
I mean, he does look kinda high.... pic.twitter.com/s0vs8wWlDK— Drew Halpy (@ZonaWC03) January 9, 2020
High as [email protected]!— TomC253🇺🇸 (@tcarr78717) January 9, 2020
I can see it. pic.twitter.com/Axga3uYBjx— (^^,) (@R1CTARDO) January 10, 2020
If @SethRogan was a dog.... close but pretty sure it would look a little more baked...— SRocks-Joe Cardinal (@Srocks14) January 10, 2020
On his Instagram page, Nori’s owner and page manager flagged Rogen’s post. “Hey! @sethrogen thinks we are twins,” the caption reads.
Now we just need to see them star in a film together.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.