- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? Sunday 4:41 PM
- White woman claims she invented sleep bonnets, selling them for $100 Sunday 4:03 PM
- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer Sunday 3:04 PM
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Sunday 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Sunday 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Sunday 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Sunday 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Sunday 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
It’s news no one was prepared for. As it turns out, the movie from Home Alone wasn’t a real movie.
You know the one. Kevin McCallister is, well, home alone and decides to order some pizza. He puts in the gangster film Angels With Filthy Souls. He says the famous line to the pizza delivery guy: “Keep the change, ya filthy animal.”
The movie comes up again as part of Kevin’s plot to keep away robbers Harry and Marv.
My entire childhood, I thought the old timey movie that Kevin watches in Home Alone (Angels With Filthy Souls) was actually an old movie.— Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) December 25, 2018
His revelation was eye-opening to many fans of the holiday film who had also spent decades believing Angels With Filthy Souls was a real film.
I was today years old when I found out that the old gangster movie that Kevin watches in Home Alone, isn’t a real movie. “Angels With Filthy Souls” is a fictional movie within a fictional movie. Merry Christmas, YA FILTHY ANIMALS!!! pic.twitter.com/Ezidu3iPHl— Donny DiMarco (@donnydimarco) December 25, 2018
my whole childhood was a lie,, the movie Angels With Filthy Souls in Home Alone wasn't a real old movie it was filmed for and only for Home Alone pic.twitter.com/GTmL9UzGuf— josephine✨|ＧＩＶＥＡＷＡＹ (@btsethandol) December 26, 2018
The gangster film in home alone (Angels with filthy souls), isn’t a real film. WTF how have I just found out this vital piece of information. pic.twitter.com/C4UV0kVrl6— Daniel Booth (@Squizzer85) December 26, 2018
My entire [22 years], I thought the old times movie that Kevin watches in Home Alone (Angels With Filthy Souls was actually an old movie.— David Ramon (@dvr1138) December 25, 2018
Thanks, Seth. https://t.co/8wEgxa9OyD
Many were shocked.
IT’S NOT???? https://t.co/opPZtnaehs— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) December 25, 2018
I knew Angels with Filthy Souls was only made for Home Alone, even after several Google searches. I was less surprised to see everyone freak out about it. It was gonna happen eventually. 🤔— iSwaggMaster 💎 (@iSwaggTwits) December 26, 2018
Us real Home Alone fans have known for over a decade that ‘Angels with Filthy Souls’ and ‘Angels with Even Filthier Souls’ were fictional movies.— Paul (@ThePaul133) December 26, 2018
Don’t feel bad if you didn’t know, though. Apparently even Macaulay Culkin himself had no clue!
Me too! https://t.co/Y24cIHLNlM— Macaulay Culkin (@IncredibleCulk) December 26, 2018
Of course the sequel Angels With Even Filthier Souls, shown in Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, is just as made-up. The original clip made for Home Alone was loosely based off the 1938 film Angels With Dirty Faces, starring James Cagney. The actor who played the character in Home Alone said he even channeled Cagney for the mini role.
Since the fact has graced Twitter, other questions about the Christmas classic have popped up.
1. It is physically impossible to get from Winnetka to O’Hare, check bags, get through security (even in 1990) for an international flight and get on board in 45 mins— Courtney Cronin (@CourtneyRCronin) December 25, 2018
2. The Little Nero’s pizza delivery guy should have been arrested for reckless driving
I like this thread...— WTC (@wtcgroup) December 25, 2018
But the burning question is: what did Kevin’s dad do for a career? I mean he had a huge house and was able to fly 13 others to Paris (with the adults in First Class) for holiday vacation.#XMas #HomeAlone https://t.co/rAtMaP7Nuv
now having been through medical school, I have so many questions about how those burglars didn’t die in Home Alone— gretz (@_gretz) December 26, 2018
Maybe it’s just enough to keep you guessing until you watch the film again next year. Merry Christmas, you filthy animals.
- Netflix’s ‘Bird Box’ has become a meme factory
- Why does Jordan Peele’s ‘Us’ trailer feature ‘I Got 5 On It’?
- Kevin Spacey just posted a creepy video on YouTube
H/T BuzzFeed News
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.