- What’s the deal with Bran Stark at the end of ‘Game of Thrones’? 5 Months Ago
- How to watch TruTV online for free 5 Months Ago
- Fans call out Madonna for edited Eurovision video Tuesday 9:36 PM
- Partnered Twitch streamer temporarily banned for airing troll’s racist message Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Some House Dems are backing away from the Save the Internet Act Tuesday 1:40 PM
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Tuesday 1:02 PM
- Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations Tuesday 12:36 PM
It’s news no one was prepared for. As it turns out, the movie from Home Alone wasn’t a real movie.
You know the one. Kevin McCallister is, well, home alone and decides to order some pizza. He puts in the gangster film Angels With Filthy Souls. He says the famous line to the pizza delivery guy: “Keep the change, ya filthy animal.”
The movie comes up again as part of Kevin’s plot to keep away robbers Harry and Marv.
My entire childhood, I thought the old timey movie that Kevin watches in Home Alone (Angels With Filthy Souls) was actually an old movie.
— Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) December 25, 2018
His revelation was eye-opening to many fans of the holiday film who had also spent decades believing Angels With Filthy Souls was a real film.
I was today years old when I found out that the old gangster movie that Kevin watches in Home Alone, isn’t a real movie. “Angels With Filthy Souls” is a fictional movie within a fictional movie. Merry Christmas, YA FILTHY ANIMALS!!! pic.twitter.com/Ezidu3iPHl
— Donny DiMarco (@donnydimarco) December 25, 2018
my whole childhood was a lie,, the movie Angels With Filthy Souls in Home Alone wasn't a real old movie it was filmed for and only for Home Alone pic.twitter.com/GTmL9UzGuf
— josephine✨|ＧＩＶＥＡＷＡＹ (@btsethandol) December 26, 2018
The gangster film in home alone (Angels with filthy souls), isn’t a real film. WTF how have I just found out this vital piece of information. pic.twitter.com/C4UV0kVrl6
— Daniel Booth (@Squizzer85) December 26, 2018
My entire [22 years], I thought the old times movie that Kevin watches in Home Alone (Angels With Filthy Souls was actually an old movie.
Thanks, Seth. https://t.co/8wEgxa9OyD
— David Ramon (@dvr1138) December 25, 2018
Many were shocked.
IT’S NOT???? https://t.co/opPZtnaehs
— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) December 25, 2018
I knew Angels with Filthy Souls was only made for Home Alone, even after several Google searches. I was less surprised to see everyone freak out about it. It was gonna happen eventually. 🤔
— iSwaggMaster 💎 (@iSwaggTwits) December 26, 2018
Us real Home Alone fans have known for over a decade that ‘Angels with Filthy Souls’ and ‘Angels with Even Filthier Souls’ were fictional movies.
— Paul (@ThePaul133) December 26, 2018
— Jonathan Apollo (@IAmJonnyApollo) December 26, 2018
Don’t feel bad if you didn’t know, though. Apparently even Macaulay Culkin himself had no clue!
Me too! https://t.co/Y24cIHLNlM
— Macaulay Culkin (@IncredibleCulk) December 26, 2018
Of course the sequel Angels With Even Filthier Souls, shown in Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, is just as made-up. The original clip made for Home Alone was loosely based off the 1938 film Angels With Dirty Faces, starring James Cagney. The actor who played the character in Home Alone said he even channeled Cagney for the mini role.
Since the fact has graced Twitter, other questions about the Christmas classic have popped up.
1. It is physically impossible to get from Winnetka to O’Hare, check bags, get through security (even in 1990) for an international flight and get on board in 45 mins
2. The Little Nero’s pizza delivery guy should have been arrested for reckless driving
— Courtney Cronin (@CourtneyRCronin) December 25, 2018
— J. June House (@JJVHouse) December 26, 2018
I like this thread…
But the burning question is: what did Kevin’s dad do for a career? I mean he had a huge house and was able to fly 13 others to Paris (with the adults in First Class) for holiday vacation.#XMas #HomeAlone https://t.co/rAtMaP7Nuv
— WTC (@wtcgroup) December 25, 2018
now having been through medical school, I have so many questions about how those burglars didn’t die in Home Alone
— gretz (@_gretz) December 26, 2018
Maybe it’s just enough to keep you guessing until you watch the film again next year. Merry Christmas, you filthy animals.
- Netflix’s ‘Bird Box’ has become a meme factory
- Why does Jordan Peele’s ‘Us’ trailer feature ‘I Got 5 On It’?
- Kevin Spacey just posted a creepy video on YouTube
H/T BuzzFeed News
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.