- Fan-created ‘app’ lets users experience the final moments of the ill-fated Jeremy Renner app Monday 10:00 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos receives lifetime ban from furry convention Monday 7:49 PM
- Snapchat just made all political ads purchased publicly available Monday 6:12 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action Monday 5:39 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action Monday 5:19 PM
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Monday 5:03 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League group stage Monday 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Monday 4:41 PM
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis Monday 4:30 PM
- Twitch suspends streamer for wearing Chun-Li cosplay Monday 4:11 PM
- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors Monday 3:45 PM
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ Monday 3:34 PM
- Jenny Slate sets first comedy special at Netflix Monday 3:05 PM
- #EndSmearFear is aiming to save lives Monday 2:54 PM
- Netflix ‘Living With Yourself’ trailer offers a double dose of Paul Rudd Monday 2:07 PM
A new Sims game will soon arrive on our phones.
Electronic Arts revealed its latest Sims game, The Sims Mobile, on Wednesday. It’ll be available on iOS and Android, and although it’s already out in Brazil, the rest of the world will have to wait a little longer.
The free-to-play game will be similar to the Legacy Challenge, which has been around since The Sims 2. It challenges players to create and shape Sims over multiple generations with self-imposed rules and goals. Along with the usual character and setting customization features of a Sims game, users will be awarded Heirlooms by Sims after their goals are achieved, which will expand future Sims’ stories even more.
The Sims has dived into mobile gaming before: Both The Sims Freeplay and The Sims Social debuted in 2011. But while Freeplay expanded its release from the original iOS version, Social’s Facebook game shut down in 2013. But the latest PC version of the game, Sims 4, is still immensely popular, according to EA.
There’s no U.S. release date for The Sims Mobile, but you can sign up to receive updates on EA’s website.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.