- Twitter lifts ‘permanent’ suspension of activist Barrett Brown Monday 5:52 PM
- Billie Eilish fans fend off objectifying comments on tank top photo Monday 5:32 PM
- Groom’s mother sabotages wedding by tricking guests into wearing jorts and hoodies Monday 4:39 PM
- No one believes Bill de Blasio’s son sent him these debate prep texts Monday 3:26 PM
- Meek Mill, Jay-Z to release ‘Free Meek’ documentary on Amazon Prime Monday 3:20 PM
- 3 ways to secure your Nest cameras Monday 3:15 PM
- This Pokémon generator site is creating hilarious monsters Monday 2:48 PM
- MrBeast impersonator tricks kid into destroying his XBox Monday 12:50 PM
- This mom has the perfect nickname for her nonbinary kid Monday 12:25 PM
- Netflix tests pop-out player that will allow viewers to multitask Monday 11:44 AM
- Man allowed to sue media publishers over readers’ Facebook comments Monday 11:42 AM
- Republicans slammed for joke about ‘heavily armed militia’ at Oregon statehouse Monday 11:30 AM
- New bill wants tech companies to tell you how much your data is worth Monday 10:53 AM
- AOC has the best response to Steve King’s ‘concentration camp’ criticism Monday 10:19 AM
- Did Jake Paul and Tana Mongeau just get engaged? Monday 9:26 AM
A new Sims game will soon arrive on our phones.
Electronic Arts revealed its latest Sims game, The Sims Mobile, on Wednesday. It’ll be available on iOS and Android, and although it’s already out in Brazil, the rest of the world will have to wait a little longer.
The free-to-play game will be similar to the Legacy Challenge, which has been around since The Sims 2. It challenges players to create and shape Sims over multiple generations with self-imposed rules and goals. Along with the usual character and setting customization features of a Sims game, users will be awarded Heirlooms by Sims after their goals are achieved, which will expand future Sims’ stories even more.
The Sims has dived into mobile gaming before: Both The Sims Freeplay and The Sims Social debuted in 2011. But while Freeplay expanded its release from the original iOS version, Social’s Facebook game shut down in 2013. But the latest PC version of the game, Sims 4, is still immensely popular, according to EA.
There’s no U.S. release date for The Sims Mobile, but you can sign up to receive updates on EA’s website.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.