- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative 7 Months Ago
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe 7 Months Ago
- Far-right accused of impersonating antifa online to encourage violence at Richmond rally Today 1:59 PM
- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs Today 12:52 PM
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue Today 12:29 PM
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Today 11:58 AM
- 6-year-old raises $250K for Australian bushfires by making clay koalas Today 11:31 AM
- What you need to know about Clearview AI and its facial recognition app Today 10:36 AM
- Apple TV+ gets its first SAG Award while Netflix and Amazon nab 2 each Today 10:07 AM
- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ Today 9:45 AM
- New York Times endorses Klobarren for president Today 8:45 AM
- 6 gift cards that make for the most thoughtful Valentine’s Day gift ideas Today 8:16 AM
- Studio Ghibli films are coming to Netflix—but not for Americans Today 8:13 AM
- Brad Pitt clutching Jennifer Aniston’s hand sparks all the rumors Today 7:47 AM
- The man who sold shares of himself on the internet Today 7:00 AM
Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige initially skirted around questions about the young actress joining the ranks of Captain America and Spider-Man. During a press event for Spider-Man: Far From Home, however, Feige addressed rumors that Brown, along with Rogue One‘s Donnie Yen, might join the MCU.
“Both good actors that would be fun to see in the MCU,” he said. “But nothing specific, or nothing to talk about.
“We’re still, as I’ve said for the better part of a year or two, we’re waiting for Endgame and Far from Home to come out before we talk about what’s next, officially,” he added. “We’re almost there.”
If rumors are true, Brown could join Angelina Jolie and Kumail Nanjiani on the set of upcoming Marvel flick The Eternals. The people at Marvel are keeping any news of Brown’s potential character under wraps, but fans are speculating that Jolie will portray the matter-rearranging heroine Sersi. Speaking of Cersei, Game of Thrones’ Richard Madden is rumored to be joining the cast as well. There is even speculation that Keanu Reeves will join the cast, but we’ll stifle our excitement until it’s certain.
While Brown is getting to know to her A-list co-stars, Yen will reportedly begin work on Shang-Chi. No one is complaining about the MCU unveiling it’s first Asian superhero, particularly when it involves the “Master of Kung-Fu.”
Brown’s history filming Netflix’s Stranger Things cemented her in viewers’ minds as prime superhero material. Her portrayal of Eleven—strange telekinetic abilities and all—revealed her as an excellent choice for Marvel’s growing cinematic universe. With season 3 of the hit show about to hit the streaming platform, fans are sure to be even more excited about her potential Marvel debut.
Unfortunately, we won’t know anything for sure until Spider-Man: Far From Home hits theaters. The second MCU Spider-Man flick hits theaters on July 2—just two days before Stranger Things season 3—so thankfully we don’t have long to wait.
- Netflix releases creepy final trailer for ‘Stranger Things’ season 3
- ‘Godzilla: King of the Monsters’ is a by-the-numbers disaster movie
- Millie Bobby Brown has the wrong take on ‘You’
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
H/T Digital Spy
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.