- A police union is urging its officers to post ‘The Punisher’ logo Monday 7:33 PM
- Redditors call for a Nestlé boycott through memes Monday 6:16 PM
- How a 10-second Disney jingle became a meme in Thailand Monday 4:48 PM
- Instagram users share photos showing gruesome killing of 17-year-old Bianca Devins Monday 4:33 PM
- The horror game banned for mocking China’s president probably isn’t coming back Monday 3:31 PM
- Cheap vibrators, condoms, and lube: The most satisfying Amazon Prime Day deals Monday 3:07 PM
- George R.R. Martin says fan backlash won’t affect his ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 3:03 PM
- The very finest Area 51 memes Monday 2:52 PM
- Tweet map ranks states where people are boycotting Amazon Prime Day Monday 1:54 PM
- Lil Nas X says he will perform at Area 51 for free Monday 12:56 PM
- The best Prime Day deals for gamers Monday 12:53 PM
- How Republicans are dancing around Trump’s racist tweets Monday 12:42 PM
- Not even anti-immigrant groups are defending Trump’s ‘go back’ tweets Monday 12:37 PM
- Netflix’s latest chase thriller ‘Point Blank’ lacks electricity Monday 12:27 PM
- Jay Inslee floats Megan Rapinoe as his secretary of state pick Monday 11:33 AM
Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige initially skirted around questions about the young actress joining the ranks of Captain America and Spider-Man. During a press event for Spider-Man: Far From Home, however, Feige addressed rumors that Brown, along with Rogue One‘s Donnie Yen, might join the MCU.
“Both good actors that would be fun to see in the MCU,” he said. “But nothing specific, or nothing to talk about.
“We’re still, as I’ve said for the better part of a year or two, we’re waiting for Endgame and Far from Home to come out before we talk about what’s next, officially,” he added. “We’re almost there.”
If rumors are true, Brown could join Angelina Jolie and Kumail Nanjiani on the set of upcoming Marvel flick The Eternals. The people at Marvel are keeping any news of Brown’s potential character under wraps, but fans are speculating that Jolie will portray the matter-rearranging heroine Sersi. Speaking of Cersei, Game of Thrones’ Richard Madden is rumored to be joining the cast as well. There is even speculation that Keanu Reeves will join the cast, but we’ll stifle our excitement until it’s certain.
While Brown is getting to know to her A-list co-stars, Yen will reportedly begin work on Shang-Chi. No one is complaining about the MCU unveiling it’s first Asian superhero, particularly when it involves the “Master of Kung-Fu.”
Brown’s history filming Netflix’s Stranger Things cemented her in viewers’ minds as prime superhero material. Her portrayal of Eleven—strange telekinetic abilities and all—revealed her as an excellent choice for Marvel’s growing cinematic universe. With season 3 of the hit show about to hit the streaming platform, fans are sure to be even more excited about her potential Marvel debut.
Unfortunately, we won’t know anything for sure until Spider-Man: Far From Home hits theaters. The second MCU Spider-Man flick hits theaters on July 2—just two days before Stranger Things season 3—so thankfully we don’t have long to wait.
- Netflix releases creepy final trailer for ‘Stranger Things’ season 3
- ‘Godzilla: King of the Monsters’ is a by-the-numbers disaster movie
- Millie Bobby Brown has the wrong take on ‘You’
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
H/T Digital Spy
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.