- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? Sunday 4:41 PM
- White woman claims she invented sleep bonnets, selling them for $100 Sunday 4:03 PM
- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer Sunday 3:04 PM
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Sunday 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Sunday 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Sunday 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Sunday 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Sunday 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
Tom Holland rescues fan getting squashed by autograph hounds
Apparently, Tom Holland doesn’t limit his friendly neighborhood Spider-Man duties to the big screen. The actor came to the rescue of a fan suffering from a panic attack after being caught in a mob of autograph hunters on Monday.
More than 2 million people have viewed the viral video the fan shared of the incident on Twitter.
In a series of tweets, Twitter user Cass, @NamelessCass, detailed how the sudden crowd pushed her toward the 23-year-old actor. She became squished against a barricade amid their rush. In her video, Holland can be heard saying, “I’m going to throw your shit on the floor if you keep pushing that girl.”
“This was absolutely INSANE and should NEVER happen … my neck was literally against the barricade with 30 grown men behind me pushing … ridiculous how people act like you’re not only endangering fans safety but Toms as well,” Cass tweeted.
TOM HOLLAND JUST THREATENED GROWN ASS MEN THEN THREW THEIR POSTERS BECAUSE I WAS CRUSHED AGAINST THE BARRICADE HE SAID “IM GONNA THROW YOUR SHIT ON THR GROUND IF YOU KEEP PUSHING HER” then came to me and calmed me down and the video HES LITERALLY SO MAD AT GRAPHERS VKSBDKSN WHAT?— cass ◟̽◞̽ (@NamelessCass) June 24, 2019
She later tweeted a second video that her friend took of the crowd from a different viewpoint. She also shared photos of the autographed signage Holland took from the men and threw on the ground.
HE REALLY THREW ALL THE SHIT TOO FLABDKSB pic.twitter.com/zgLjtWmRYx— cass ◟̽◞̽ (@NamelessCass) June 24, 2019
Cass had equally vehement criticism for the autograph hounds as well: “How about people just be respectful and act normal in a barricade woah who would’ve thought of that!!! This wasn’t a concert or a show with a mf mosh pit this was a literal weak ass barricade in the middle of a nyc street.”
How about people just be respectful and act normal in a barricade woah who would’ve thought of that!!! This wasn’t a concert or a show with a mf mosh pit this was a literal weak ass barricade in the middle of a nyc street....— cass ◟̽◞̽ (@NamelessCass) June 25, 2019
For other fans of Holland, the incident came to represent just one more reason why they stan the Marvel star so hard. Even when not in costume, he still acts every bit like Spider-Man.
graphers: h-— val✨ fezco’s bank note counter (@spideyomaris) June 25, 2019
tom holland: pic.twitter.com/NSHfUvtyhs
A side of Tom Holland that everyone NEEDS to see. He’s not putting up with anybody’s bullshit.— satan yoongis manager (@btsslutexe) June 25, 2019
“I’ll throw your shit on the floor if you keep pushing that girl”
“hey, it’s okay I got you I got you. can you back up???” pic.twitter.com/vG65SbMT2a
tom holland protecting his teenage fans from nasty grown ass men pic.twitter.com/ocq1Tbd3Mi— sophia🍒 (@sophink_) June 25, 2019
reason number 999999 to stan tom holland https://t.co/FrkJ09AYqC— Ricky Dillon (@RickyPDillon) June 25, 2019
- Samuel L. Jackson roasts ‘Spider-Man’ marketing gaffe
- J.J. Abrams’ 20-year-old son is writing Marvel’s new Spider-Man comic
- Tom Holland and Daisy Ridley’s ‘Chaos Walking’ is so bad it’s ‘unreleasable’
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Alyse Stanley is a video game and culture reporter based in Virginia with words at Polygon and USGamer. When she’s not writing about memes, she edits Unwinnable’s monthly magazine. You can follow her on Twitter @pithyalyse.