- Man claims ex-girlfriend killed his dog after he broke up with her 2 Years Ago
- What are BitTorrent downloads and how do they work? 2 Years Ago
- ICE cuts the cord on real immigrant hotline after being featured in ‘Orange Is the New Black’ Today 10:49 AM
- The 10 best music podcasts for artist interviews and criticism in 2019 Today 10:41 AM
- How a socialist Twitch streamer landed in a feud with Dan Crenshaw Today 10:07 AM
- How to prepare for your fantasy football draft (and season) Today 9:00 AM
- Kit Harington is joining the MCU–and people are guessing which character he will play Today 8:48 AM
- How to live stream Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Dewayne Beamon Today 8:00 AM
- The 5 best free torrent clients you can download in 2019 Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Jets in NFL preseason action Today 7:49 AM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. 49ers in NFL preseason action Today 7:36 AM
- How to live stream Bellator 225: Mitrione vs. Kharitonov Today 7:30 AM
- Alice Wetterlund draws insight from the last decade in ‘My Mama Is a Human and So Am I’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream the Cowboys vs. Texans NFL preseason showdown Today 7:00 AM
- How ‘Stranger Things’ is inspiring new waves of Dungeons and Dragons fans Today 6:00 AM
Between Deadpool, Dark Phoenix, The New Mutants, X-Force, a Gambit movie still in the works, and two very different TV shows, we’re going to see a multitude of X-Men and X-Men spinoffs take over movies and television through the next few years. But we might see at least one more take to the screen in her own film.
Collider is reporting that Deadpool director Tim Miller is developing a solo movie for Kitty Pryde, a mutant who has the ability to pass through—or “phase”—solid objects. Kitty Pryde’s gone by a number of aliases over the years (including Sprite and Shadowcat) and has already appeared in the X-Men films. She was most recently played by Ellen Page in X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men: Days of Future Past.
Little is known about the project other than Miller’s involvement and that the film is in early development. There’s even a chance, Collider cautions, that with the Disney/Fox merger looming over Fox—which also might fall through—it’s not clear if a Kitty Pryde film will even happen.
A Kitty Pryde movie could offer a number of possibilities beyond what we’ve seen of the character’s arc in The Last Stand and Days of Future Past. Kitty Pryde’s been around since 1980, and the comics offer decades of possible directions to explore. Miller has already shown he can tap into what people love about comic book characters with the runaway success of Deadpool.
Update Feb. 13, 2018, 10:31am CT: Brian Michael Bendis, one of Marvel’s biggest writers who moved over to DC Comics back in November, will write the script for the Kitty Pryde movie. A new report from the Hollywood Reporter announcing Bendis’ involvement also confirms that Miller is working on the film. The project is being referred to as 143, a nod to the first Kitty Pryde solo adventure in the comics, which occurred in Uncanny X-Men No. 143.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.