- Chaotic good, true neutral: The 2020 Democrat alignment chart Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Brazil live in the U-17 World Cup final Today 3:00 AM
- Influencer gets prison time for performing illegal cosmetic procedures on followers Saturday 5:13 PM
- Parent immediately regrets baby monitor after seeing ‘possessed’ baby Saturday 3:53 PM
- Buttigieg used Kenyan stock photo to promote plan for Black America (updated) Saturday 2:29 PM
- Disney+ is the best streaming service for families available today Saturday 1:43 PM
- Netflix to amend Nazi docuseries after being accused of rewriting history Saturday 1:09 PM
- Everything you need to know about TikTok Saturday 1:00 PM
- Screaming drummer girl steals hearts with passionate Nirvana cover Saturday 12:50 PM
- The Kardashians receiving backlash for food fight Instagram post Saturday 10:26 AM
- How to stream Artem Lobov vs. Jason Knight in BKFC Saturday 9:00 AM
- Lizzo sued by Postmates runner she accused of stealing her food Saturday 8:39 AM
- How to stream Jan Blachowicz vs. Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza on UFC Fight Night Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to watch Georgia vs. Auburn live Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Navy vs. Notre Dame live Saturday 3:30 AM
It’s not out of the question, according to Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige. In a recent interview with ComicBook.com, Feige said the John Wick actor has been approached for discussions about nearly every Marvel cinematic release.
“We talk to him for almost every film we make,” Feige said. “[W]e very much want to figure out the right way to do it.”
Feige proceeded to compare Reeves to Jake Gyllenhaal, who recently joined the MCU family with his role as Mysterio in the upcoming Spider-Man: Far From Home. He noted that discussions with Gyllenhaal cropped up on multiple occasions before the perfect role presented itself. Feige has high hopes that a similar situation will arise with Reeves.
For his part, Reeves has had a very successful run this decade. While the 54-year-old actor has found consistently strong roles since his Bill & Ted days, recent years have seen a large resurgence in his popularity. Since starring in John Wick in 2014, Reeves has appeared in a slew of popular franchises. In 2019 alone, he is starring in John Wick‘s third chapter and Toy Story 4. He is even debuting in non-Matrix related videogames via Cyberpunk 2077.
Despite his success, Reeves has remained a surprisingly open and down-to-earth person in public. These traits have only helped in boosting his appeal for audiences, who recently started an online petition to see him named Time‘s Person of the Year. The last few weeks have seen him charming his way through events and appearances. He won over the internet’s heart when he called a crowd at E3 “breathtaking,” and was recently dubbed “the internet’s boyfriend.”
Reeves’ rising popularity is not expected to fade anytime soon. With his numerous roles in popular franchises, in fact, he is set up to expand his fanbase even further. His role in Toy Story 4, in particular, should see the birth of a whole new generation of Reeves fans. With a potential role in the MCU on the horizon, the Keanussance is in bloom.
- Keanu Reeves’ name sends Twitter into a rhyming frenzy
- Keanu Reeves walking in slow motion is a great meme
- People on Twitter really want Keanu Reeves to find love (updated)
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.