- A police union is urging its officers to post ‘The Punisher’ logo Monday 7:33 PM
- Redditors call for a Nestlé boycott through memes Monday 6:16 PM
- How a 10-second Disney jingle became a meme in Thailand Monday 4:48 PM
- Instagram users share photos showing gruesome killing of 17-year-old Bianca Devins Monday 4:33 PM
- The horror game banned for mocking China’s president probably isn’t coming back Monday 3:31 PM
- Cheap vibrators, condoms, and lube: The most satisfying Amazon Prime Day deals Monday 3:07 PM
- George R.R. Martin says fan backlash won’t affect his ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 3:03 PM
- The very finest Area 51 memes Monday 2:52 PM
- Tweet map ranks states where people are boycotting Amazon Prime Day Monday 1:54 PM
- Lil Nas X says he will perform at Area 51 for free Monday 12:56 PM
- The best Prime Day deals for gamers Monday 12:53 PM
- How Republicans are dancing around Trump’s racist tweets Monday 12:42 PM
- Not even anti-immigrant groups are defending Trump’s ‘go back’ tweets Monday 12:37 PM
- Netflix’s latest chase thriller ‘Point Blank’ lacks electricity Monday 12:27 PM
- Jay Inslee floats Megan Rapinoe as his secretary of state pick Monday 11:33 AM
It’s not out of the question, according to Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige. In a recent interview with ComicBook.com, Feige said the John Wick actor has been approached for discussions about nearly every Marvel cinematic release.
“We talk to him for almost every film we make,” Feige said. “[W]e very much want to figure out the right way to do it.”
Feige proceeded to compare Reeves to Jake Gyllenhaal, who recently joined the MCU family with his role as Mysterio in the upcoming Spider-Man: Far From Home. He noted that discussions with Gyllenhaal cropped up on multiple occasions before the perfect role presented itself. Feige has high hopes that a similar situation will arise with Reeves.
For his part, Reeves has had a very successful run this decade. While the 54-year-old actor has found consistently strong roles since his Bill & Ted days, recent years have seen a large resurgence in his popularity. Since starring in John Wick in 2014, Reeves has appeared in a slew of popular franchises. In 2019 alone, he is starring in John Wick‘s third chapter and Toy Story 4. He is even debuting in non-Matrix related videogames via Cyberpunk 2077.
Despite his success, Reeves has remained a surprisingly open and down-to-earth person in public. These traits have only helped in boosting his appeal for audiences, who recently started an online petition to see him named Time‘s Person of the Year. The last few weeks have seen him charming his way through events and appearances. He won over the internet’s heart when he called a crowd at E3 “breathtaking,” and was recently dubbed “the internet’s boyfriend.”
Reeves’ rising popularity is not expected to fade anytime soon. With his numerous roles in popular franchises, in fact, he is set up to expand his fanbase even further. His role in Toy Story 4, in particular, should see the birth of a whole new generation of Reeves fans. With a potential role in the MCU on the horizon, the Keanussance is in bloom.
- Keanu Reeves’ name sends Twitter into a rhyming frenzy
- Keanu Reeves walking in slow motion is a great meme
- People on Twitter really want Keanu Reeves to find love (updated)
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.