- The new ‘Cats’ trailer is here to make you want to claw your eyes out Thursday 7:59 PM
- Bella Thorne claims Tana Mongeau ‘broke girl code’ in a series of messy tweets Thursday 7:00 PM
- Redditors keep this data engineer’s plants alive for him Thursday 5:20 PM
- Professor writes article defending ‘Asian romantic preference’—and no one is here for it Thursday 4:57 PM
- Ditch Pornhub and support adult content creators instead Thursday 4:46 PM
- Fans grieve Kyoto Animation Studio fire with #PrayforKyoAni Thursday 4:18 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Secret Obsession’ isn’t just terrible—it’s boring as hell Thursday 3:30 PM
- Instagram expands experiment of hiding likes to 6 more countries Thursday 3:20 PM
- Man asks woman to stop speaking Spanish on a plane—and bystanders start speaking Spanish Thursday 12:55 PM
- Schumer calls on FBI, FTC to investigate FaceApp Thursday 12:41 PM
- Netflix loses subscribers—but hopes some tentpole shows can save it Thursday 12:10 PM
- Man utterly roasted for saying women can’t ask for equality in revealing clothing Thursday 12:07 PM
- Instagram struggles to remove photos of Bianca Devins’ dead body Thursday 11:14 AM
- ‘Storm Area 51’ creator says its gotten so big he’s worried about the FBI Thursday 10:49 AM
- Everyone loves Q baby, the baby who apparently supports QAnon Thursday 9:53 AM
People on Twitter really want Keanu Reeves to find love (updated)
During a press conference for his upcoming film John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum, Keanu Reeves was confronted with the question all single men in their 50s love to be asked: “What does love mean to you?”
Reeves told The Jakarta Post he’s “the lonely guy,” and the internet took full advantage of the opportunity to shower him with love and affection.
@ god PLEASE age me 25 years and give me a job in LA where keanu reeves will bump into me often and we form a friendship that slowly burns into a tentative romance— the second braincell (@arabfeministe) May 30, 2019
“@ god PLEASE age me 25 years and give me a job in LA where keanu reeves will bump into me often and we form a friendship that slowly burns into a tentative romance,” one Twitter user wrote.
At the moment, there is no sight of a special someone in Reeves’ life, though he says he is holding onto the hope of finding love. “I don’t have anyone in my life. But if it does occur, I would respect and love the other person; hopefully it’ll happen for me,” Reeves said.
Luckily for Reeves, there are plenty of Twitter users ready to step up as a significant other if given the chance.
some people have a 401k. i have a dream that when i meet keanu reeves he will immediately recognize that we have twin souls— Estelle Tang (@waouwwaouw) May 30, 2019
Reeves was further pressed about solitude but did not seem too keen on exploring the topic any deeper. Who could blame him, though?
“I’m an actor, so in terms of what you’re asking about, I have no answer,” Reeves said.
Regular guy: I'm lonely.— David Stassen (@davidstassen) May 30, 2019
Everyone: loser incel cuck fuck off.
Keanu Reeves: I'm lonely.
Everyone: We will reopen the Coliseum in Rome and millions will battle to the death for the chance to be Keanu's betrothed.
While Reeves may not be slaying in the love realm as much as he would like, the latest John Wick film has already earned $186 million worldwide, making it the highest-grossing film in the franchise. It also won top honors at the Golden Trailer Awards. They say money can’t buy happiness, but maybe it can cheer Reeves up a bit.
Update 2:29pm CT, May 31: A representative for Keanu Reeves has said the article that quoted Reeves as saying he’s “the lonely guy” was entirely made up, according to MSN. The supposed interview with Reeves, which originated on Star2.com, “did not happen,” the spokesperson said.
“This was pieced together from several interviews and the majority of these questions were not asked nor answered,” the spokesperson told MSN. “[The quotes] are fabricated.”
- ‘John Wick’ is a fantasy franchise. The mesmerizing ‘Chapter 3’ proves it
- Cara Delevingne and Ashley Benson’s sex furniture gives new meaning to ‘bench warmer’
- Mom’s ‘Frog and Toad’ T-shirt for 3-year-old comes with surprise N.W.A. lyric
Caitlin Davis is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Daily Texan and the Austin Chronicle.