- Fans call out Madonna for edited Eurovision video Tuesday 9:36 PM
- Partnered Twitch streamer temporarily banned for airing troll’s racist message Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Some House Dems are backing away from the Save the Internet Act Tuesday 1:40 PM
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Tuesday 1:02 PM
- Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations Tuesday 12:36 PM
- Police raid Black woman’s house after white neighbor complains about loud Malcolm X speeches Tuesday 12:20 PM
- ‘Transfixed’ says it’s a ‘breakthrough’ series, but it still fetishizes trans bodies Tuesday 11:04 AM
The internet can’t get over Keanu Reeves as John Wick on a horse
Keanu Reeves, actor and known meme lord, is riding again with a hilarious new image that the internet just can’t get enough of. He’s got a whole new vibe going on, too. Fierce. Dangerous.
Perhaps the word we’re looking for here is simply “badass.”
Some particularly impressive video and photos emerged showing off a supposed scene from his upcoming film John Wick 3: Parabellum last month. Everyone was thrilled to see Reeves getting his fair share of action-packed scenes—and doing his own stunts—in what will undoubtedly be the movie series’ most over-the-top entry yet. Just look at this.
The footage is fire, but one photo in particular stuck out to John Wick fans: Reeves riding a horse, looking totally majestic, arm outstretched with a gun to some poor sap’s head.
JOHN WICK 3 is going to be the greatest movie of all time based on this image alone. pic.twitter.com/NuSkyGxI11
— rendi (@randirahman) August 28, 2018
And even though the guy’s wearing a helmet, we know what’s going to come next for him. Because no one messes with John Wick, and if they do, John Wick takes them out. Even while he’s riding a horse on a busy street alongside a motorcycle. That’s just what he does.
That’s what he does while on a horse. With a pistol. In the middle of the city.
— mandy (@arya_starke) August 28, 2018
The picture is making the rounds online, and people are really getting into Keanu “Murder Prince” Reeves’ horseback skills. Can you blame them? It’s such a sick shot. Really makes you wonder what’s going on in that scene.
Im watching John Wick 3 million times opening weekend if this makes it into the movie pic.twitter.com/s4sHxDR88b
— SICKO MODE (@WavyDowneyJr) August 27, 2018
Keanu Reeves riding a horse while shooting a guy off a motorcylce… what more can you ask for, im sold
— Bo (@BrianBojangles) August 28, 2018
Turns out John Wick 3 is the episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic that I always wanted. pic.twitter.com/RYMhkb1PTl
— Rus McLaughlin (@rusmclaughlin) August 28, 2018
— Carson Shoemaker (@The4thPair) August 28, 2018
Judging from this photo and the footage above alone, we can safely say that John Wick 3: Parabellum is going to be absolutely ridiculous.
The film lands in theaters on May 19, 2019. Post-movie, who knows what kind of memes Keanu will inspire?
Brittany Vincent has covered gaming, anime, tech, and entertainment for over a decade. When she’s not writing, she’s replaying Um Jammer Lammy or Day of the Tentacle for the hundredth time while pining for a Harvester sequel. Find her on Twitter @MolotovCupcake.