- Billie Eilish fans riot after being referred to as ‘Avocados’ 8 Months Ago
- Beyhive coming for Sainsbury’s supermarket over Ivy Park shade Today 3:17 PM
- Antique store blasted for selling ‘white only’ signs Today 1:45 PM
- DaBaby explains altercation with hotel employee after video goes viral Today 12:32 PM
- Kanye faces backlash for headlining Christian event with anti-LGBTQ leaders Today 10:31 AM
- Why is Yennefer of Vengerberg so different in Netflix’s ‘The Witcher’? Today 10:00 AM
- Actress slammed for ‘acid attack-face’ TikTok challenge Today 9:46 AM
- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
Keanu Reeves is an American hero.
He’s played so many iconic roles it’s nearly impossible to keep track. He’s basically the nicest guy alive. Perhaps most importantly, his existence has continually provided some of the best memes and jokes on the internet.
Like, remember that time he was really, really sad?
keanu reeves having a toy of himself - sad keanu pic.twitter.com/eTPqVgQKgy— KEANU REEVES DOING THINGS (@likeakeanu) June 27, 2018
Or more recently, when he just… walked in slow motion?
everybody wants to rule the world - tears for fears pic.twitter.com/y62b2LNd5Z— keanu reeves walking to music (@keanuwtm) May 31, 2019
We can’t forget about the Bill and Ted Keanu, whose mind has been totally blown.
It’s like every single time Reeves does anything, anything at all, the internet is gifted with a new treasure.
Now, a new Keanu Reeves-centric trend has begun circling Twitter: rhyming his name with stuff.
This may not sound funny, but just hear me out–it is.
keanu reeves as a gardener: keanu leaves— ayad (@imfrenchfried) June 6, 2019
Many of us have horrible surnames that probably couldn’t keep this kind of joke running for very long. Yet, Reeves has again come through for us, with an exceptionally rhymable last name. It seems like the possibilities are endless.
Keanu Reeves as a butler: Keanu Jeeves https://t.co/qQjEqmhnTt— J.R. Solano Presents: Zori Bliss & The Mandalorian (@DoctorRagnarok) June 6, 2019
Keanu got extensions:— ANW nyquil jornan concongo balls slam dump (@Atom_Kane_) June 8, 2019
Keanu Weaves https://t.co/p8VSX3RSBP
Keanu Reeves has told you a lie: Keanu Deceives— ᴊᴀᴍᴇs ʀᴜssᴇʟʟ (@JamesRussell88) June 8, 2019
Keanu Reaves as a circus performer: Keanu Trapeze https://t.co/crvGxBGBtq— Very Expensive To Date Me (@ShantaFabulous) June 8, 2019
Keanu Reeves as a dog who helps the little league team win the game: Keanu Retrieves https://t.co/nWNEMOMIhs— Austin Hayden (@austin_hayden) June 7, 2019
Keanu Reeves rewatches Matrix Revolutions and regrets his role in making it: Keanu Grieves https://t.co/3DouJBWDxT— PoliMath (@politicalmath) June 7, 2019
Keanu Reeves as a southern Baptist preacher: Keanu Believes. https://t.co/88U2jkIjfG— Matthew Kadish (@MatthewKadish) June 6, 2019
Keanu gets his arms tattooed. Keanu Sleeves. https://t.co/pxcQL1qr6V— Helluva Bottom Carter (@nicju) June 8, 2019
Keanu Reeves gives food to the homeless: Keanu Feeds https://t.co/Vri1lffWBy— June 6th ♊️ (@jaela_stayton) June 8, 2019
Keanu Reeves elegantly hanging over a roof: Keanu Eaves https://t.co/B5RsZpwymd— Jen Richards (@SmartAssJen) June 8, 2019
When Keanu does Yoga: Keanu Breathes https://t.co/27mUB7AhHW— ChadLindberg (@ChadLindberg) June 8, 2019
Keanu Reeves eating gas station sushi: Keanu Heaves— Sarah Beattie (@nachosarah) June 8, 2019
Keanu leaves, wearing Keanu sleeves with flowers that make Keanu sneeze. pic.twitter.com/l0JZLbZxlV— Bilal Rana (@Bilal6655) June 8, 2019
Keanu raids villages along the coast. Keanu Reaves. https://t.co/SwveHXyBrI— southpaw (@nycsouthpaw) June 8, 2019
keanu reeves as an asthmatic: keanu wheeze https://t.co/BIfP3jCwEQ— young william eyelash (@ohjasminee) June 8, 2019
Keanu Reeves sifting through all of the knowledge in the world: Keanu Sieves https://t.co/GFgZoaNyps— Leila Brillson, First of Her Name (@leilaclaire) June 8, 2019
Keanu Reeves putting a heist together: Keanu Thieves https://t.co/T3KnNIVap3— Jared Rosen (@notquitefrodo) June 8, 2019
The best thing about these new Keanu Reeves jokes is that the same words can be used over and over again in new ways. For example, “Keanu Leaves” alone brings up endless possibilities: Is he a gardener? Fleeing a party? Casually removing himself from the scene of a crime?
A perhaps an even more pressing question is brought up by this new trend.
“How did we call this meme ‘Sad Keanu,’ and not ‘Keanu Grieves!?'”
how did we call this meme, “Sad Keanu,” and not “Keanu Grieves”!? pic.twitter.com/FCIuWba2Vs— built by Catholic guilt (@focusgrouped) May 24, 2019
Surely, Keanu agrees.
- People on Twitter really want Keanu Reeves to find love
- The internet can’t get over Keanu Reeves as John Wick on a horse
- It is terrifying how much Adam Driver looks like Keanu Reeves
- Keanu Reeves walking in slow motion is a great meme
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Rachel Kiley is a writer who sometimes writes things and sometimes is based in L.A., but is definitely always on Twitter @rachelkiley.