- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Today 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Today 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Today 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Today 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Today 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Today 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Today 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Today 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Today 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Today 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Today 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Today 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Today 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Today 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Today 7:56 AM
Peter Dinklage: Some ‘Game of Thrones’ characters will have ‘painful endings’
“We’re so used to the standard formula of bad guys dying and good guys living,” Dinklage told Entertainment Weekly about his reaction after reading the season 8 script. “What David and Dan have done with all this is beautiful, painful, and lovely. It takes the show somewhere that’s dangerous and contemporary with what’s going on in the world.”
David Benioff and Dan Weiss are the showrunners of the hit show. Dinklage said even though Benioff and Weiss gave some characters a “painful ending,” he is still happy with the script.
“I love how it ended up. And how it ends up for everybody. They had a beautiful gentle touch with some and a hard touch with others,” Dinklage added.
Many on social media are just hoping Dinklage’s fan favorite character, Tyrion, doesn’t die.
We riot if:— Kay (@Kayode_ani) April 5, 2019
1. Arya doesn't get to kill Cersei.
2. Daenerys doesn't occupy the Iron Throne.
3. Tyrion Lannister dies.
Game Of Thrones worst possible ending: Tyrion dies.— Njabz (@Sir_Augustin) April 11, 2019
if tyrion dies, i die— ِ (@drkcircles) April 4, 2019
I’m saying it now three days in advance. If Tyrion dies I’m crying— Adriansito🇨🇺 (@justabitangry) April 11, 2019
no no no no no no if tyrion dies i’m going to lose my shit pic.twitter.com/GWj6cWcKzM— bonnie (@ohmyblakes) April 10, 2019
Dinklage also admitted he was “terrified” to see how things would end for Tyrion.
“This is the first time ever that I didn’t skip to the end (of the script). Why? I was probably terrified,” Dinklage said. “I had all these ideas in my head and a version of one of them is how it ends up (for Tyrion). David and Dan have a brilliant version of what I had.”
The eighth and last season of Game of Thrones is slated to premiere on HBO April 14.
- This service will anonymously text your friends ‘Game of Thrones’ spoilers
- The ending of ‘Game of Thrones’ is hidden in this Spotify playlist
- The 10 best ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8 theories
H/T Digital Spy
Eilish O'Sullivan is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and government at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.