- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge 4 Years Ago
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett 4 Years Ago
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Today 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Today 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Today 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Today 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Today 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Today 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Today 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Today 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Today 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Today 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Today 7:56 AM
- The QBaby’s parents are already trying to profit off their kid’s fame Today 7:45 AM
- How do 4DX movies work? Today 7:00 AM
Giggles the pig is the most worthy write-in candidate in this crazy mayoral election
Giggles the pig is shaking things up in Michigan.
The mayoral race in Flint, Mich., sounds like something out of a David Lynch film.
The three candidates for mayor in Michael Moore’s hometown are a convicted murderer, a convicted drunk driver, and a pig named Giggles. Adding to the surreal tension, the murderer has threatened to kill and eat the pig.
Due to a bureaucratic screw-up, every candidate in Flint’s mayoral race this year is a write-in candidate. Gadfly defense attorney Michael Ewing took advantage of this fact by writing in his one-year-old hog Giggles. Surely, Ewing thought, Flint would be better off with a pig than a convicted murderer or drunk driver.
“I am pretty forgiving, but it I am really strongly opposed to murder—and think electing a mayor who was convicted of murder sends a bad message about our city,” Ewing wrote on Giggles’ Facebook page. “Flint deserves better candidates than this. While reading about these people it occurred to me that Giggles would be a more dignified candidate—and I’m right.”
Convicted murderer and city councilman Wantwaz Davis responded to the pig’s campaign, saying, “I honestly laughed at your remarks, however, I will be the next mayor of Flint, Michigan and will feast off of your pig at my victory party, you can get in for free, VIP on me.”
Well, that’s not disturbing at all.
H/T Ryot | Photo via Giggles the Pig for Flint Mayor/Facebook
Dylan Love is an editorial consultant and journalist whose reporting interests include emergent technology, digital media, and Russian language and culture. He is a former staff writer for the Daily Dot, and his work has been published by Business Insider, International Business Times, Men's Journal, and the Next Web.