Who stands out among Instagram’s 500 million active users?
In the last decade, Instagram has become one of the most popular picture-sharing applications on the market. Released in 2010 and purchased by Facebook in 2012, the app surpassed Twitter in monthly active users with 400 million in September 2015, with an estimated 18.7 billion images hosted at the time. It crested 500 million monthly active users in June of this year.
Read more from the Daily Dot:
- How to manage multiple Instagram accounts
- The juicy world of Instagram’s controversial fruit-fingering artist
According to Iconosquare’s brand index, these are the top 30 most followed Instagram accounts (data collected on July 13).
1) Selena Gomez, 89.2 million followers
6) Justin Bieber, 74.6 million followers
7) Cristiano Ronaldo, 67.7 million followers
12) National Geographic, 55.2 million followers
16) Katy Perry, 52.1 million followers
21) Demi Lovato, 42.3 million followers
26) Real Madrid CF, 34.6 million followers