- Miss USA thought everyone spoke English—and the internet is not amused Thursday 8:02 PM
- Kanye’s Twitter tirade prompts apology from Drake Thursday 6:00 PM
- Listen to Pitbull cover Toto’s ‘Africa’ for the ‘Aquaman’ soundtrack—or don’t Thursday 4:55 PM
- Nancy Pelosi’s coat is the meme the resistance needed Thursday 4:39 PM
- Oprah says what was really on her mind while she ate bland chicken Thursday 4:00 PM
- Democrats predicted to go in on net neutrality when they take House Thursday 3:33 PM
- Holland Tunnel decorations are a real nightmare before Christmas Thursday 2:12 PM
- Amazon still won’t say whether ICE uses its facial recognition tech Thursday 1:13 PM
- Ninja to host Thursday Night Football Thursday 12:00 PM
- How to stream the NFL’s Week 15 for free Thursday 12:00 PM
- An undecorated room sets off a debate on Twitter Thursday 11:42 AM
- Netflix announces Taylor Swift ‘Reputation’ concert film Thursday 11:29 AM
- People are making memes out of these ‘leaked’ ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ posters Thursday 11:12 AM
- How to watch the Liga MX final between Club América and Cruz Azul online for free Thursday 10:38 AM
- Parents shocked by KKK costumes in school play Thursday 10:11 AM
No need to squint at your phone.
Is your friend wearing a dress with a tiny badger pattern? Does your sister’s new boyfriend have green eyes? Is that the Statue of Liberty in the background of your mom’s Instagram video? Thanks to Instagram’s newest update, you can home in on the finer details of every post on your feed without needing to squint at your device.
Beginning today, iOS users will have access to a brand-new zoom feature, one that lets you get up close and personal with your contacts’ photos and videos. Simply pinch the screen to zoom in on posts in your feed, on profiles, and on Explore.
Starting today, you can pinch to zoom on photos and videos in feed, on profiles and on Explore. Dive into an adorable puppy’s smile or into every detail of your friend’s new shirt. Over the past six months, you’ve seen many exciting changes come to Instagram, from a new icon to longer videos and even a new way to share everyday moments with Instagram Stories. And as things change, we’re still focused on improving the core parts of Instagram. Zoom is available today for Instagram on iOS. Zoom will be available on Android in the coming weeks.
A video posted by Instagram (@instagram) on
Instagram has been steadily upgrading its service to make itself the go-to app for your photo-and-video-sharing needs, beginning with the ability to upload photos in both portrait and landscape orientations, followed by the flexibility to upload video footage up to a full minute.
Android users, don’t fret—according to the company’s announcement, the feature will roll out for the platform “in the coming weeks,” so in the meantime, you can get used to
Snapchat’s Instagram’s Stories function.
Jam Kotenko is a technology reporter and graphic designer who specializes in coverage of Instagram, Facebook, and other social media apps. Her work has been published by Digital Trends, Bustle, and Gotta Be Mobile.