- Review: ‘Next in Fashion’ is Netflix’s latest attempt at reality TV 2 Years Ago
- What is Byte, and can it really compete with TikTok? 2 Years Ago
- Migrants are under social media surveillance—and that’s a problem for everyone Today 6:00 AM
- Gabrielle Union deserves better from Terry Crews Tuesday 11:12 PM
- T.I. publicly apologizes to daughters after Kobe Bryant’s death Tuesday 8:46 PM
- ‘Squash the boss’: Labor union seemingly unknowingly posted furry fetish art Tuesday 8:04 PM
- TikTok user pretending to be lab technician who has contracted coronavirus Tuesday 7:08 PM
- Caroline Calloway says she plans to campaign for Bernie Sanders Tuesday 6:23 PM
- Justin Bieber, Snoop Dogg, millions of others sign petition to make Kobe Bryant new NBA logo Tuesday 5:39 PM
- No, Lana Del Rey did not cry because Billie Eilish won album of the year Tuesday 4:48 PM
- People are exposing their eyeballs to phone flash for this TikTok challenge Tuesday 3:55 PM
- Watch Mike Bloomberg try to shake a dog’s mouth Tuesday 3:41 PM
- ‘Rey who?’ is the funniest meme to emerge from ‘The Rise of Skywalker’ Tuesday 3:30 PM
- AI beat the CDC to the punch on coronavirus warnings Tuesday 3:21 PM
- What exactly is a ‘large boulder the size of a small boulder’? Tuesday 2:49 PM
NRA pundit Dana Loesch appeared Wednesday evening on CNN’s Florida town hall about gun control. Loesch was congratulated by her employer for a job well done via tweet that included Poehler’s Leslie Knope character saying “thank you.”
But Poehler, show creator Michael Schur, Nick Offerman, and Adam Scott did not want their network comedy to be associated with the gun lobby. Schur tweeted on behalf of Poehler:
Hi, please take this down. I would prefer you not use a GIF from a show I worked on to promote your pro-slaughter agenda.— Ken Tremendous (@KenTremendous) February 22, 2018
Also, Amy isn't on twitter, but she texted me a message: "Can you tweet the NRA for me and tell them I said fuck off?" https://t.co/YXSdzCdvdd
Their former castmates Scott and Offerman chimed in shortly after late Wednesday:
But the tweets may ultimately just help Loesch, a rising star for the gun lobby and conservative radio. She was profiled last month in the New York Times, and after the CNN town hall, she’s more famous and influential than ever. Loesch will deliver a speech on Thursday during the Conservative Political Action Conference.
Activist and Parkland shooting survivor Emma Gonzalez tweeted her own Parks and Rec GIF late Wednesday, this one lining up in agreement with former First Lady Michelle Obama.
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.