- Elon Musk’s Cybertruck mocked after ball busts windows during demonstration Today 12:23 AM
- Pornhub has a bundle now, Disney+ style Thursday 11:27 PM
- Jacob Wohl’s dad is selling horny calendars of himself for the soldiers Thursday 11:10 PM
- Amanda Palmer dragged for ‘demanding’ coverage of her music Thursday 8:33 PM
- How to get free TikTok followers without downloading a virus Thursday 7:57 PM
- Trump Jr.s ‘Triggered’ topped best-seller’s list with help of RNC Thursday 7:41 PM
- FBI raided millionaire YouTuber’s home, allegedly took everything Thursday 6:55 PM
- A fake Labour party website is spreading disinformation in Britain Thursday 6:16 PM
- Twitter bans cricket club for posting ISIS content in apparent hack Thursday 6:12 PM
- This dad remade his daughter’s NSFW photo—and people are loving it Thursday 5:51 PM
- Teen allegedly posted ‘slave for sale’ Craigslist ad featuring his Black classmate Thursday 5:28 PM
- People are crushed that this teen love story might be a TikTok ‘joke’ Thursday 4:50 PM
- Is Jacob Wohl evading his Twitter ban with Jack Burkman’s account? Thursday 2:06 PM
- Biden’s most perplexing debate answers, explained Thursday 2:03 PM
- How to stream Colts vs. Texans on Thursday Night Football Thursday 12:52 PM
Update 10.08 CT, Aug. 26: Disney confirmed at the D23 expo this weekend that Kit Harington will play Dane Whitman, aka the Marvel hero known as the Black Knight. He will co-star in The Eternals, but this is a human character, not one of the quasi-immortal Eternals.
Game of Thrones may be over, but its cast is far from done dominating your big screen. Kit Harington a.k.a Jon Snow is slated to join the Marvel Cinematic Universe as it moves into Phase 4, according to Deadline.
Even though it hasn’t been announced exactly which movie or series Harington will be starring in–and there’s a lot of possibilities–people are nevertheless excited about the news.
Jon Snow (Kit Harington) is joining the MCU pic.twitter.com/9v4ak18p8a— King Que (@KingofSaiyans1) August 24, 2019
me since the moment I heard that Kit Harington joined the MARVEL world pic.twitter.com/wn85sJ2K9R— ^ (@sailorsonboard) August 24, 2019
Many are having fun speculating which character Harington should or should not embody.
One Twitter user wants to see Harington play a villain, a change of pace from the good-natured character he is known for playing on GOT. But, many–and I mean many–think Harington will be the wolverine. Harington becoming the next wolverine may be too on the nose, considering the direwolf represents all things House Stark.
Please stop cursing me by saying Kit Harington would be a good Johnny Storm. pic.twitter.com/Ynr80R8vhf— Crimzin (@Crimzin15) August 23, 2019
Kit harington would be a great wolverine. But I think he could be very good as namor. He has the look and the acting abilities to nail the roll and give namor an amazing live action adaptation #MCU— Seto Kaiba (Achillies Graves) (@alex_bruss) August 24, 2019
Kit Harington In talks to join the MCU! But who can he play?! Perhaps James Howlett, aka LOGAN, aka WOLVERINE?!— Tony Maximoff (@mr_estark) August 24, 2019
If Kit Harington isn’t wolverine then they just simply messed up is all.— Austin Husk (@atlhusk23) August 24, 2019
If you haven't read comics please please please do not trend cast Kit Harington as Wolverine. I get that he was a Stark/Wolf but honestly that little recognition isn't enough to doom us to 15 years if KitFrigginHarington playing Wolverine. Just leave this stuff to the nerds k?— Danton's Head (@pfhanley63) August 24, 2019
Harington isn’t the first member of House Stark that marvel has snagged up. Harington’s onscreen sisters, Sansa Stark (Sophie Turner) and Arya Stark (Maisie Williams), also play characters in the MCU. The Eternals–a film slated to launch on Disney+ in 2020–is jam-packed with a star-studded cast, including Richard Madden, who played Robb Stark in the series.
And people are excited to see a possible reunification of the onscreen bros.
kit harington said the one person he’d bring back to life on game of thrones was robb stark bc he missed richard madden and now they’re both in the mcu together.. i’ve never loved anything more pic.twitter.com/is5syzctVL— mari (@nomadthor) August 23, 2019
kit harington and richard madden are in the mcu pic.twitter.com/2XeIAw0Rvm— sophia (@biponine) August 24, 2019
THE MCU WON TWO MORE STARKS WITH RICHARD MADDEN AND KIT HARINGTON— pía (@binarybucky) August 24, 2019
An announcement as to which character Harington will be playing is expected to be made at the D23 Expo in Anaheim, California, over the weekend.
- Your complete guide to the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Breaking down each phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- MCU’s Phase 4 is tackling the unknown
- The MCU’s Phase 4 is all about Marvel getting weird
Eilish O'Sullivan is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and government at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.