- Tinder adding a ‘panic button’ for when dates go awry Thursday 6:14 PM
- Webcam footage of ‘Bigfoot’ shared by state government agency Thursday 5:47 PM
- Video shows that James Corden doesn’t drive Carpool Karaoke car—and fans feel betrayed Thursday 5:06 PM
- Video shows Julianne Hough screaming, writhing during physical therapy demo Thursday 4:47 PM
- Halsey accidentally called for another 9/11 Thursday 4:01 PM
- Lizzo’s Rolling Stone shoot criticized for cultural appropriation Thursday 3:19 PM
- Bloomberg’s broadband platform is 5 years behind his rivals Thursday 3:03 PM
- Hulu’s ‘Endlings’ is a smart sci-fi show for kids—and adults Thursday 1:42 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Pandemic’ drops right when we need to be worried most Thursday 1:20 PM
- TikTok signs licensing agreement with Merlin Thursday 12:19 PM
- Anime film ‘NiNoKuni’ falls apart with flimsy plotting Thursday 11:57 AM
- Cop who called for boycott of Beyoncé’s Super Bowl performance now says he’s Black Thursday 11:12 AM
- Uber, Lyft dragged for surging prices during mass shooting (updated) Thursday 11:06 AM
- The legacies of colonialism loom in Netflix’s new horror show ‘Ares’ Thursday 10:41 AM
- College student arrested in China after tweeting about Xi Jinping Thursday 10:37 AM
Turns out a fight between the Golden State Warriors and actor/former Fergie husband Josh Duhamel has been brewing and has finally come to a head. What, you didn’t know about the drama? Neither did we, but it did spawn and a hot new diss track.
Back in February, Duhamel’s estranged wife sang a special rendition of “The Star Spangled Banner.” You know the one—sort of unique jazz version with scats.
Okay, it was really weird. An important lesson that some things should just remain the same. Or be sung only by Whitney Houston.
But there was something about Green’s reaction that really set off Duhamel.
So much so, that in an interview with Kristine Leahy posted earlier this week, he told Green that he owed Fergie an apology.
He went on to say of Green:
Just because he knew the camera was on him and he snickered about it. I just think that if he would have been a real man, he would have at least called her and said, ‘Listen, I’m sorry that I caused all this.’ That’s what a real man would have done, in my opinion.
Would a real man actually apologize for laughing at a hilarious and horrible version of “The Star Spangled Banner?” Possibly. But a petty man would surely respond exactly as Green did.
Yes, petty, but to be fair the song is a total banger. Much better than the original. Expect it to be on Spotify within the next few days.
As of Saturday Duhamel did appear to wave the white flag, tweeting, “Note to self: Think twice before you call out the champs. Well played,” along with a GIF of shrugging Warriors guard Klay Thompson.
No one messes with the Warriors.
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.