- Lead actress in ‘The Color Purple’ revival criticized for homophobic post 5 Months Ago
- ‘Arrested Development’ ends the same way it did the first time—unceremoniously 5 Months Ago
- Alleged gunman tried to rob YouTuber Adam22 during livestream Today 11:32 AM
- Turkish president used New Zealand shooting footage at campaign rallies Today 11:09 AM
- 8 adorable tea infusers that will warm you with cuteness Today 10:26 AM
- The Super Nintendo Pro is the wireless controller of your dreams Today 10:25 AM
- Lori Loughlin reportedly dropped from ‘Fuller House’ final season Today 10:10 AM
- The Legend of Zelda Encyclopedia Deluxe Edition is a true treasure Today 10:00 AM
- Even Republicans are angry with the GOP’s anti-Beto tweet Today 10:00 AM
- ‘Egg Boy’ vows to send GoFundMe money to mosque shooting victims Today 9:55 AM
- Noom is a weight loss program that prioritizes your mental health Today 9:10 AM
- Shane Dawson once joked about ejaculating on his cat—and people are furious Today 8:54 AM
- Rep. Steve King posts Civil War fantasy meme—accidentally mocks own state Today 8:41 AM
- Gaming company Valve removed tributes to Christchurch shooter Today 8:39 AM
- The best new bands at SXSW 2019 Today 8:00 AM
Josh Duhamel and the Golden State Warriors’ beef fixed Fergie’s national anthem performance
Turns out a fight between the Golden State Warriors and actor/former Fergie husband Josh Duhamel has been brewing and has finally come to a head. What, you didn’t know about the drama? Neither did we, but it did spawn and a hot new diss track.
Back in February, Duhamel’s estranged wife sang a special rendition of “The Star Spangled Banner.” You know the one—sort of unique jazz version with scats.
Okay, it was really weird. An important lesson that some things should just remain the same. Or be sung only by Whitney Houston.
Fergie's estranged husband Josh Duhamel says Draymond Green should apologize for laughing at her national anthem performance: https://t.co/edgKvaTRCI
— Complex (@Complex) October 26, 2018
But there was something about Green’s reaction that really set off Duhamel.
So much so, that in an interview with Kristine Leahy posted earlier this week, he told Green that he owed Fergie an apology.
— Kristine Leahy (@KristineLeahy) October 25, 2018
He went on to say of Green:
Just because he knew the camera was on him and he snickered about it. I just think that if he would have been a real man, he would have at least called her and said, ‘Listen, I’m sorry that I caused all this.’ That’s what a real man would have done, in my opinion.
Would a real man actually apologize for laughing at a hilarious and horrible version of “The Star Spangled Banner?” Possibly. But a petty man would surely respond exactly as Green did.
Yes, petty, but to be fair the song is a total banger. Much better than the original. Expect it to be on Spotify within the next few days.
As of Saturday Duhamel did appear to wave the white flag, tweeting, “Note to self: Think twice before you call out the champs. Well played,” along with a GIF of shrugging Warriors guard Klay Thompson.
— Josh Duhamel (@joshduhamel) October 27, 2018
No one messes with the Warriors.
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.