- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? Sunday 4:41 PM
- White woman claims she invented sleep bonnets, selling them for $100 Sunday 4:03 PM
- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer Sunday 3:04 PM
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Sunday 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Sunday 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Sunday 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Sunday 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Sunday 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
Josh Duhamel and the Golden State Warriors’ beef fixed Fergie’s national anthem performance
Turns out a fight between the Golden State Warriors and actor/former Fergie husband Josh Duhamel has been brewing and has finally come to a head. What, you didn’t know about the drama? Neither did we, but it did spawn and a hot new diss track.
Back in February, Duhamel’s estranged wife sang a special rendition of “The Star Spangled Banner.” You know the one—sort of unique jazz version with scats.
Okay, it was really weird. An important lesson that some things should just remain the same. Or be sung only by Whitney Houston.
But there was something about Green’s reaction that really set off Duhamel.
So much so, that in an interview with Kristine Leahy posted earlier this week, he told Green that he owed Fergie an apology.
He went on to say of Green:
Just because he knew the camera was on him and he snickered about it. I just think that if he would have been a real man, he would have at least called her and said, ‘Listen, I’m sorry that I caused all this.’ That’s what a real man would have done, in my opinion.
Would a real man actually apologize for laughing at a hilarious and horrible version of “The Star Spangled Banner?” Possibly. But a petty man would surely respond exactly as Green did.
Yes, petty, but to be fair the song is a total banger. Much better than the original. Expect it to be on Spotify within the next few days.
As of Saturday Duhamel did appear to wave the white flag, tweeting, “Note to self: Think twice before you call out the champs. Well played,” along with a GIF of shrugging Warriors guard Klay Thompson.
No one messes with the Warriors.
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.