- What the American Chopper meme taught us in 2018 10 Months Ago
- ‘Aquaman’ is a shallow but entertaining rehash of ‘Black Panther’ and ‘Thor’ 10 Months Ago
- Russia used every social media platform to disrupt 2016 election, Senate says 10 Months Ago
- Shane Dawson is the YouTuber of the year 10 Months Ago
- Alex Jones is still doing live broadcasts on Instagram Today 7:58 AM
- Save over $200 on the ‘DC Universe 10th Anniversary Collection’ Blu-ray set Today 7:51 AM
- Meet ‘Copy Shark,’ the stuffed shark scanned into a copier Today 7:43 AM
- Logan Paul is the worst YouTuber of the year Today 7:03 AM
- All the things Trump boasted about in 2018 that didn’t actually happen Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch Freeform online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Amazon Fire TV Cube: What You Need to Know Today 5:30 AM
- Stephen Miller’s fake hair is almost as bad as his policies Sunday 8:00 PM
- California no longer plans to tax your text messages Sunday 6:45 PM
- Insurance company to ‘reevaluate’ relationship with Tucker Carlson after racist comment Sunday 3:59 PM
- Netflix’s instant rewind button is not popular with users Sunday 2:20 PM
Fergie sang the national anthem during the NBA All-Star game Sunday night and people could not contain their laughter. The “Glamorous” singer sashayed up to the mic and delivered a jazzed-up rendition of “The Star-Spangled Banner,” but the end result sounded like a bad cover and the looks on players’ faces said it all.
Throughout the performance, the camera panned between shots of the players who all appeared baffled at first. Many desperately tried to avoid looking directly at Fergie, as if a head-on stare could lead to the kind of eye damage you can get from looking at the sun. Of course, Twitter users had no chill and posted player responses to the singer’s rendition.
Players faces during Fergie’s rendition of the National Anthem… pic.twitter.com/QQ3VXaBchT
— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) February 19, 2018
By the end of the singer’s botched anthem job, everyone was smiling, including Fergie herself who beamed with excitement and accomplishment after delivering its “home of the brave” line. But it’s safe to assume the singer and her audience were not smiling for the same reason.
Draymond started cracking up while Fergie was singing the national anthem pic.twitter.com/3pMlgjGdYC
— Brandon Lee Gowton (@BrandonGowton) February 19, 2018
I just listened to 7 seconds of Fergie trying to sing the National Anthem and now, I am WIDE awake. I’m so alert I could do my taxes right now. Shit.
— Saeed Jones (@theferocity) February 19, 2018
it has been HOURS since Fergie sang the national anthem at the NBA all star game and the president has STILL refused to acknowledge and respond as the leader we need as a nation in this time of strife
— erin ryan (@morninggloria) February 19, 2018
Check out a full clip of Fergie’s botched anthem below:
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.