- Jeremy Corbyn Rickrolls everyone ahead of British election Today 10:18 AM
- Trisha Paytas denies accidentally exposing herself on TikTok Today 10:04 AM
- Report: Barr wants tech antitrust probe wrapped up in 2020 Today 9:59 AM
- ‘Zybourne Clock’ original art is selling for over $4,000 on eBay Today 9:11 AM
- What is TikTok famous club, and can you trust it? Today 9:03 AM
- ‘John Wick 4’ and ‘The Matrix 4,’ both starring Keanu Reeves, will come out on the same day Today 8:54 AM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 15: It’s Tannehill’s world Today 8:45 AM
- Trump mocks Greta Thunberg over ‘person of the year’ win Today 7:55 AM
- Temple student refers to Philly as the ‘ghetto’ in ‘unacceptable’ TikTok Today 7:52 AM
- The decade the hucksters overran the halls of power Today 6:30 AM
- Ninja mocked for not knowing how to make a sandwich Wednesday 9:30 PM
- Marvel comics writer discusses misogyny in the industry Wednesday 9:09 PM
- TikTok conspiracy theorists think Juice WRLD is still alive Wednesday 7:03 PM
- Conservatives are protesting YouTube’s new harassment rules Wednesday 5:36 PM
- YouTuber’s ‘creepy’ comment about Taylor Swift’s eggs gets ratioed Wednesday 5:31 PM
Fergie sang the national anthem during the NBA All-Star game Sunday night and people could not contain their laughter. The “Glamorous” singer sashayed up to the mic and delivered a jazzed-up rendition of “The Star-Spangled Banner,” but the end result sounded like a bad cover and the looks on players’ faces said it all.
Throughout the performance, the camera panned between shots of the players who all appeared baffled at first. Many desperately tried to avoid looking directly at Fergie, as if a head-on stare could lead to the kind of eye damage you can get from looking at the sun. Of course, Twitter users had no chill and posted player responses to the singer’s rendition.
Players faces during Fergie’s rendition of the National Anthem... pic.twitter.com/QQ3VXaBchT— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) February 19, 2018
By the end of the singer’s botched anthem job, everyone was smiling, including Fergie herself who beamed with excitement and accomplishment after delivering its “home of the brave” line. But it’s safe to assume the singer and her audience were not smiling for the same reason.
Draymond started cracking up while Fergie was singing the national anthem pic.twitter.com/3pMlgjGdYC— Brandon Lee Gowton (@BrandonGowton) February 19, 2018
I just listened to 7 seconds of Fergie trying to sing the National Anthem and now, I am WIDE awake. I’m so alert I could do my taxes right now. Shit.— Saeed Jones (@theferocity) February 19, 2018
it has been HOURS since Fergie sang the national anthem at the NBA all star game and the president has STILL refused to acknowledge and respond as the leader we need as a nation in this time of strife— erin ryan (@morninggloria) February 19, 2018
Check out a full clip of Fergie’s botched anthem below:
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.