- TikTok star Mohit Mor shot and killed 12 Months Ago
- Stephen A. Smith is baby 12 Months Ago
- Tfue releases statement on FaZe Clan lawsuit, says his contract is ‘f*cked’ 12 Months Ago
- People are using an app to out gropers on Japan’s subway Today 11:24 AM
- Trump misspelled ‘accomplishments’ on handwritten notes, photo shows Today 11:12 AM
- HUD proposal would allow homeless shelters to refuse trans people Today 10:44 AM
- Disney’s ‘Aladdin’ remake isn’t terrible Today 10:11 AM
- Police under investigation after running over 1-year-old child Today 9:16 AM
- Who is Jannah, the breakout star of ‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker’? Today 9:10 AM
- Trump revives his ‘dumb as a rock’ insult for Rex Tillerson Today 9:03 AM
- Forget Hot Jafar. All hail Fat Ursula Today 8:14 AM
- How to watch ‘The Affair’ for free Today 8:00 AM
- Olivia Wilde’s ‘Booksmart’ is a teen comedy that will actually age well Today 7:45 AM
- Conservative rising star Kyle Kashuv busted using the N-word a whole bunch Today 7:14 AM
- How to watch ‘The Name of the Rose’ for free Today 7:00 AM
Durant hit the shot, but it’s his reaction to his teammates’ reaction that’s winning the internet.
In case you missed it, Kevin Durant hit a huge three-pointer from way outside in the waning seconds of game three of the NBA finals last night. The shot put the Golden State Warriors up 106 to 100 and led to them winning the game 110 to 102, leaving the Cleveland Cavaliers in 0-3 hole for the series.
And while the shot was indeed a thing of beauty…
KDTREY! 😮😮😮 pic.twitter.com/m1IaARjJd7
— NBA (@NBA) June 7, 2018
It was his teammates’ reaction that people really fell in love with, or more accurately Durant’s reaction to their reaction. When Steph Curry and Draymond Green decided to yell in Durant’s face after the shot, he couldn’t have looked more like an exhausted parent dealing with two screaming children if he tried.
Steph and Draymond were losing it 😂 pic.twitter.com/a3yUKBeocP
— ESPN (@espn) June 7, 2018
KD look like the parent that’s too tired of his kids BS to say anything https://t.co/T5G5kFSVhU
— pancho (@JOSUE0009) June 7, 2018
When you’re sober at a party and your friends are trying to get you to take shots https://t.co/C6vBqyJ0kb
— Nick Turner (@NickGTurner) June 7, 2018
“Well-a, well-a, well-a, uh!
Tell me more, tell me more!
Did you get very far?” https://t.co/O4NjpfFVTr
— Alex Cuntz (@alexcuntz13) June 7, 2018
Obviously, such a picture was ripe for meme-ing, and Twitter was only too happy to oblige.
— Bryant Clements (@Bryandini) June 7, 2018
— Joel Davidson (@JoelD247) June 7, 2018
When you break out a new hat & your homies hype it up pic.twitter.com/LvFX9li3Jd
— Steven Wine (@id6klub) June 7, 2018
— Noah (@NoahCapone) June 7, 2018
— Caleb Saenz (@calebjsaenz) June 7, 2018
No team in NBA history has ever come back from a 0-3 deficit to win the finals, but it’s never wise to count out LeBron James, who many people feel is the greatest player in the history of the game.
Then again, there’s a reason this is the most popular LeBron meme right now.
when I go to a restaurant but fill up on bread pic.twitter.com/aPykmi4h82
— actioncookbook (@actioncookbook) June 1, 2018
And naturally, someone already thought to combine the two. Could this be a vision of things to come?
— Storefront Jenius (@DaveShecky) June 7, 2018
Game four of the NBA finals will air on ABC tomorrow night at 9pm.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.