- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Saturday 6:00 AM
In case you missed it, Kevin Durant hit a huge three-pointer from way outside in the waning seconds of game three of the NBA finals last night. The shot put the Golden State Warriors up 106 to 100 and led to them winning the game 110 to 102, leaving the Cleveland Cavaliers in 0-3 hole for the series.
And while the shot was indeed a thing of beauty…
KDTREY! 😮😮😮 pic.twitter.com/m1IaARjJd7— NBA (@NBA) June 7, 2018
It was his teammates’ reaction that people really fell in love with, or more accurately Durant’s reaction to their reaction. When Steph Curry and Draymond Green decided to yell in Durant’s face after the shot, he couldn’t have looked more like an exhausted parent dealing with two screaming children if he tried.
Steph and Draymond were losing it 😂 pic.twitter.com/a3yUKBeocP— ESPN (@espn) June 7, 2018
KD look like the parent that’s too tired of his kids BS to say anything https://t.co/T5G5kFSVhU— pancho (@JOSUE0009) June 7, 2018
When you’re sober at a party and your friends are trying to get you to take shots https://t.co/C6vBqyJ0kb— Nick Turner (@NickGTurner) June 7, 2018
“Well-a, well-a, well-a, uh!— Alex Cuntz (@alexcuntz13) June 7, 2018
Tell me more, tell me more!
Did you get very far?” https://t.co/O4NjpfFVTr
Obviously, such a picture was ripe for meme-ing, and Twitter was only too happy to oblige.
When you break out a new hat & your homies hype it up pic.twitter.com/LvFX9li3Jd— Steven Wine (@id6klub) June 7, 2018
No team in NBA history has ever come back from a 0-3 deficit to win the finals, but it’s never wise to count out LeBron James, who many people feel is the greatest player in the history of the game.
Then again, there’s a reason this is the most popular LeBron meme right now.
when I go to a restaurant but fill up on bread pic.twitter.com/aPykmi4h82— actioncookbook (@actioncookbook) June 1, 2018
And naturally, someone already thought to combine the two. Could this be a vision of things to come?
Game four of the NBA finals will air on ABC tomorrow night at 9pm.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.