- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad 2 Years Ago
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Today 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Today 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Today 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Today 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Today 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Today 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Today 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Today 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Today 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
- Trump is concerned America’s toilets too weak Friday 3:53 PM
- Twitter users claim Billie Eilish is ‘over’ because she didn’t like Lady Gaga’s meat dress Friday 2:53 PM
- Nikki Haley says the Confederate flag was fine until Dylann Roof ‘hijacked’ it Friday 2:49 PM
In case you missed it, Kevin Durant hit a huge three-pointer from way outside in the waning seconds of game three of the NBA finals last night. The shot put the Golden State Warriors up 106 to 100 and led to them winning the game 110 to 102, leaving the Cleveland Cavaliers in 0-3 hole for the series.
And while the shot was indeed a thing of beauty…
KDTREY! 😮😮😮 pic.twitter.com/m1IaARjJd7— NBA (@NBA) June 7, 2018
It was his teammates’ reaction that people really fell in love with, or more accurately Durant’s reaction to their reaction. When Steph Curry and Draymond Green decided to yell in Durant’s face after the shot, he couldn’t have looked more like an exhausted parent dealing with two screaming children if he tried.
Steph and Draymond were losing it 😂 pic.twitter.com/a3yUKBeocP— ESPN (@espn) June 7, 2018
KD look like the parent that’s too tired of his kids BS to say anything https://t.co/T5G5kFSVhU— pancho (@JOSUE0009) June 7, 2018
When you’re sober at a party and your friends are trying to get you to take shots https://t.co/C6vBqyJ0kb— Nick Turner (@NickGTurner) June 7, 2018
“Well-a, well-a, well-a, uh!— Alex Cuntz (@alexcuntz13) June 7, 2018
Tell me more, tell me more!
Did you get very far?” https://t.co/O4NjpfFVTr
Obviously, such a picture was ripe for meme-ing, and Twitter was only too happy to oblige.
When you break out a new hat & your homies hype it up pic.twitter.com/LvFX9li3Jd— Steven Wine (@id6klub) June 7, 2018
No team in NBA history has ever come back from a 0-3 deficit to win the finals, but it’s never wise to count out LeBron James, who many people feel is the greatest player in the history of the game.
Then again, there’s a reason this is the most popular LeBron meme right now.
when I go to a restaurant but fill up on bread pic.twitter.com/aPykmi4h82— actioncookbook (@actioncookbook) June 1, 2018
And naturally, someone already thought to combine the two. Could this be a vision of things to come?
Game four of the NBA finals will air on ABC tomorrow night at 9pm.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.