- Pornhub sued by deaf man who wants closed captioning in videos Thursday 7:52 PM
- 70,000 Tinder photos of women are being circulated in cybercrime forum Thursday 7:26 PM
- YouTuber faces backlash for using paper towels to soak up an entire swimming pool Thursday 6:54 PM
- Trump’s latest impeachment tweet inspires perfect meme Thursday 6:07 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ fans dredge up new cast member’s racist tweets Thursday 4:53 PM
- This Bernie Sanders subreddit just banned all content from CNN Thursday 3:52 PM
- Deepfake app turns you into your favorite GIFs Thursday 3:43 PM
- GOP senator calls CNN reporter ‘liberal hack’ Thursday 2:20 PM
- Queer developer blasts Steam over ‘backwards’ adult filter review Thursday 2:20 PM
- Woman blasts Stephen Colbert for not paying when she was an intern Thursday 1:05 PM
- Everyone’s seen the ‘Mayo Pete’ memes except Pete Buttigieg Thursday 1:05 PM
- How to watch ‘Diary of a Future President’ Thursday 1:01 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 3 on hold indefinitely Thursday 12:07 PM
- Teen’s TikTok sends powerful message about domestic violence Thursday 11:22 AM
- ‘OK boomer’ meme makes it to the Supreme Court Thursday 11:02 AM
In case you missed it, Kevin Durant hit a huge three-pointer from way outside in the waning seconds of game three of the NBA finals last night. The shot put the Golden State Warriors up 106 to 100 and led to them winning the game 110 to 102, leaving the Cleveland Cavaliers in 0-3 hole for the series.
And while the shot was indeed a thing of beauty…
KDTREY! 😮😮😮 pic.twitter.com/m1IaARjJd7— NBA (@NBA) June 7, 2018
It was his teammates’ reaction that people really fell in love with, or more accurately Durant’s reaction to their reaction. When Steph Curry and Draymond Green decided to yell in Durant’s face after the shot, he couldn’t have looked more like an exhausted parent dealing with two screaming children if he tried.
Steph and Draymond were losing it 😂 pic.twitter.com/a3yUKBeocP— ESPN (@espn) June 7, 2018
KD look like the parent that’s too tired of his kids BS to say anything https://t.co/T5G5kFSVhU— pancho (@JOSUE0009) June 7, 2018
When you’re sober at a party and your friends are trying to get you to take shots https://t.co/C6vBqyJ0kb— Nick Turner (@NickGTurner) June 7, 2018
“Well-a, well-a, well-a, uh!— Alex Cuntz (@alexcuntz13) June 7, 2018
Tell me more, tell me more!
Did you get very far?” https://t.co/O4NjpfFVTr
Obviously, such a picture was ripe for meme-ing, and Twitter was only too happy to oblige.
When you break out a new hat & your homies hype it up pic.twitter.com/LvFX9li3Jd— Steven Wine (@id6klub) June 7, 2018
No team in NBA history has ever come back from a 0-3 deficit to win the finals, but it’s never wise to count out LeBron James, who many people feel is the greatest player in the history of the game.
Then again, there’s a reason this is the most popular LeBron meme right now.
when I go to a restaurant but fill up on bread pic.twitter.com/aPykmi4h82— actioncookbook (@actioncookbook) June 1, 2018
And naturally, someone already thought to combine the two. Could this be a vision of things to come?
Game four of the NBA finals will air on ABC tomorrow night at 9pm.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.