- Alex Jones places $1 million bounty on culprit who planted child porn on his InfoWars server 11 Months Ago
- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Today 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Today 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Today 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Today 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
Grimes is still tweeting and deleting stuff about boyfriend Elon Musk
Grimes defended this week the fact that Musk donates a substantial amount of money to the Republican party, even though it’s historically opposed to many of the entrepreneur’s core beliefs such as climate change. She’s also deleting some of these pointed tweets. Again.
A report released in early July revealed that Musk donated nearly seven times as much money to Republican-affiliated campaigns and committees than Democratic causes since early 2017. According to the Hill, federal election filings showed the SpaceX founder gave nearly $40,000 to Protect the House—a GOP PAC designed to help Republicans maintain their control over Congress. Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) oversees the PAC and has publicly played down climate change.
Musk defended his donations on Twitter, explaining that his politics don’t fall on one side of the aisle or the other. He’s more concerned about humanitarian issues than political issues—and that’s when Grimes stepped in.
Thanks Jack. To be clear, I am not a conservative. Am registered independent & politically moderate. Doesn’t mean I’m moderate about all issues. Humanitarian issues are extremely important to me & I don’t understand why they are not important to everyone.
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) July 14, 2018
Grimes tweeted and deleted the explanation that these donations are just “the price of doing business” in America.
every aerospace company has to donate to republicans in order to function. in fact most major companies across the board do, in some capacity. it’s the price of doing business in america. e donates way more money, like absurdly more, to environmental causes
— Grimes (@Grimezsz) July 23, 2018
Grimes then addressed and removed comments on Tesla’s labor practices.
.@Grimezsz deleted this tweet from earlier today in which she says Elon tried to force a union vote at Tesla. (Tesla is currently facing several charges from the NLRB regarding alleged unfair labor practices). pic.twitter.com/Jfz0wtkRD1
— Caroline O'Donovan (@ceodonovan) July 26, 2018
After defending Musk against random people on Twitter, the songwriter blasted publications because they did not reach out to her for comment. It’s a fair criticism of blog-era journalism; however, these outlets are reporting verbatim quotes from Grimes that are standalone newsworthy.
Grimes’ record label, 4AD, did not immediately reply to a request for an interview.
Chris Illuminati is an author and reporter whose work for the Daily Dot focuses on meme culture. His work has been published in Rolling Stone, FanSided, BroBible, Penthouse, and AskMen.