- UPS deletes tweet about shredding letters to North Pole after huge backlash 5 Months Ago
- Viral petition leads to revised Holland Tunnel Christmas decor 5 Months Ago
- Paul Ryan’s self-serving farewell tour is the bane of the internet right now 5 Months Ago
- ‘Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ renewed for seasons 3 and 4 5 Months Ago
- Former NASA engineer dupes package thieves into opening this epic glitter bomb 5 Months Ago
- Trump officials withheld abortion from raped migrant teen Today 10:21 AM
- Your favorite Twitter memes could be hiding malware Today 9:47 AM
- This ‘Sailor Moon’ game brings us back to the ’90s in the best way Today 9:36 AM
- Teacher who said holidays are ‘difficult’ gets heartwarming surprise from students Today 9:14 AM
- Fox News blames ‘weaponized’ social media for Tucker Carlson backlash Today 9:09 AM
- Report: Black women receive way more abusive tweets than white women Today 8:34 AM
- Roger Stone to publicly apologize for spreading lies on InfoWars Today 8:13 AM
- Netflix true crime series ‘The Innocent Man’ is a missed opportunity Today 7:31 AM
- What can we learn from Ivanka Trump’s private email server? Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch National Geographic online for free Today 7:30 AM
Grimes is still tweeting and deleting stuff about boyfriend Elon Musk
Grimes defended this week the fact that Musk donates a substantial amount of money to the Republican party, even though it’s historically opposed to many of the entrepreneur’s core beliefs such as climate change. She’s also deleting some of these pointed tweets. Again.
A report released in early July revealed that Musk donated nearly seven times as much money to Republican-affiliated campaigns and committees than Democratic causes since early 2017. According to the Hill, federal election filings showed the SpaceX founder gave nearly $40,000 to Protect the House—a GOP PAC designed to help Republicans maintain their control over Congress. Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) oversees the PAC and has publicly played down climate change.
Musk defended his donations on Twitter, explaining that his politics don’t fall on one side of the aisle or the other. He’s more concerned about humanitarian issues than political issues—and that’s when Grimes stepped in.
Thanks Jack. To be clear, I am not a conservative. Am registered independent & politically moderate. Doesn’t mean I’m moderate about all issues. Humanitarian issues are extremely important to me & I don’t understand why they are not important to everyone.
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) July 14, 2018
Grimes tweeted and deleted the explanation that these donations are just “the price of doing business” in America.
every aerospace company has to donate to republicans in order to function. in fact most major companies across the board do, in some capacity. it’s the price of doing business in america. e donates way more money, like absurdly more, to environmental causes
— Grimes (@Grimezsz) July 23, 2018
Grimes then addressed and removed comments on Tesla’s labor practices.
.@Grimezsz deleted this tweet from earlier today in which she says Elon tried to force a union vote at Tesla. (Tesla is currently facing several charges from the NLRB regarding alleged unfair labor practices). pic.twitter.com/Jfz0wtkRD1
— Caroline O'Donovan (@ceodonovan) July 26, 2018
After defending Musk against random people on Twitter, the songwriter blasted publications because they did not reach out to her for comment. It’s a fair criticism of blog-era journalism; however, these outlets are reporting verbatim quotes from Grimes that are standalone newsworthy.
Grimes’ record label, 4AD, did not immediately reply to a request for an interview.
Chris Illuminati is an author and reporter whose work for the Daily Dot focuses on meme culture. His work has been published in Rolling Stone, FanSided, BroBible, Penthouse, and AskMen.