- The ’24 hours to respond’ meme holds celebrities to a higher standard Monday 8:46 PM
- Twitter users miss the kids who walked in on their dad’s interview Monday 8:40 PM
- ‘The Thing About Men’ Twitter hashtag is full of sarcasm and misogyny Monday 7:27 PM
- This woman said Hillary Clinton losing the 2016 election gave her PTSD, and people are furious Monday 6:45 PM
- Vanessa Bryant files a lawsuit against helicopter company after deaths of Kobe and Gianna Monday 5:49 PM
- Michael Jordan cries at Kobe Bryant memorial, jokes about creating a new meme Monday 4:43 PM
- Woman’s boyfriend says it’s him or the frogs—Reddit says choose the frogs Monday 4:22 PM
- Greyhound buses will no longer allow Border Patrol checks Monday 4:04 PM
- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich Monday 3:26 PM
- Marco Rubio mocked for filming talking while driving socialism critique Monday 2:54 PM
- QAnon believer asks Trump’s campaign press secretary who Q is Monday 2:36 PM
- Octavia Spencer has discovered ‘Ma’ memes—and she can’t get enough Monday 2:09 PM
- Meet the anti-Greta Thunberg, a climate ‘skeptic’ funded by the oil industry Monday 1:12 PM
- Harvey Weinstein convicted of rape and sexual assault Monday 12:56 PM
- Senator calls Facebook’s current election disinformation efforts ‘inadequate’ in letter Monday 12:11 PM
Sneaking snacks into the movie theater to avoid paying ungodly prices for a pack of M&M’s is a timeless tradition. And like everything else, Gen Z is going above and beyond. Many moviegoers throw candy in their purse or pockets, but TikTok users are wearing big hats to sneak candy into the theaters–or joking about it, at least–after one TikTok innovator figured out how to stash Skittles in his beanie.
TikTok user @applecrumbwill posted a video, asking his followers to “please just be honest, if you worked at the movie theater, would you or would you not, check under my hat for Skittles?”
Applecrumbwill, you have given TikTok the relatable content it needs. Other TikTok users were quick to duet his video filming their reactions absolutely losing it over the hat.
Now TikTok users have started using applecrumbwill’s voiceover to show off their own crazy hats potentially used for sneaking candy in. User @stickmanpat showed off his giant blue beanie that’s surely filled to the tip-top with candy.
User @thezeroyoudeserve posted a video in a large banana hat, which is sure to not raise any eyebrows.
And user @alligatorpancake had to stand across the room from his mirror to show off his hat to its full extent.
It’s truly impressive how innovative Gen Z can be when it comes to everyday tasks.
Esther Bell is a writer for the Daily Dot. She recently graduated from Northwestern University with a degree in journalism, and her work has appeared in Bustle and Teen Vogue.