- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? 2 Months Ago
- White woman claims she invented sleep bonnets, selling them for $100 2 Months Ago
- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer Today 3:04 PM
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Today 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Today 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Today 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Today 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Today 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
The enduring content that nightmares are made of.
Move over, gender-bending Snapchat filters. The baby filter is taking over.
Snapchat is offering a filter that alters photos with a de-ageifying effect. Big eyes and eerily flawless skin override the real photo in a transformation that’s essentially airbrushing to jaw-dropping extremes. The fresh-faced and terrifyingly rosy-cheeked photos are sweeping across all social media platforms as users share their de-aged selves.
But while sharing selfies created with this baby filter is fun for a second, sharing photos of celebrities subjected to this creepy alteration is the kind of enduring content nightmares are made of.
Snapchat baby filter memes
"was I the bébé all along?" pic.twitter.com/n2IVfD23D1— Netflix UK & Ireland (@NetflixUK) May 14, 2019
baby one direction omgg pic.twitter.com/POeI2KdohP— zaladdin (@ZaynandLeila) May 12, 2019
Though it is reassuring to know that babies are capable of running local government.
I didn’t know how much i needed the baby face filter on the parks and rec cast until now pic.twitter.com/98DQuUfE4D— maria (@mariaburdjalov) May 13, 2019
And it’s great that these drag queens get a jumpstart on their future careers at a young age.
someone used the snapchat baby filter on all the drag race queens this season and im lf;jdasklfaslfdkjaf pic.twitter.com/stWZDKIwap— gabe bergado (@gabebergado) May 14, 2019
Canada’s favorite demon-fighting queer ladies must’ve been hit by a de-aging curse.
Of course, the filter doesn’t account for Rachel’s original nose…
the new snapchat filter is amazing pic.twitter.com/cqoCGiTDNr— not chandler (@notChandIer) May 14, 2019
These players might have some trouble reaching the hoop as little babies.
The new Snapchat baby filter is too good. Who looks the best? 👶 pic.twitter.com/AdN3EihmlV— ESPNLosAngeles (@ESPNLosAngeles) May 13, 2019
Beyond celebrity de-ageifying, many are taking advantage of this unnerving craze to combine one weird baby meme with another, keeping “I’m baby” alive.
that Snapchat filter is taking “I’m baby” to the next level— Kat Farrell (@kathrynfarr16) May 15, 2019
nobody:— nen :((( (@taesglowkit) May 9, 2019
snapchat: i’m baby
We’re all babies now.
Rachel Kiley is a writer who sometimes writes things and sometimes is based in L.A., but is definitely always on Twitter @rachelkiley.