- Everything we know so far about Peacock, NBC’s new streaming service Tuesday 7:42 PM
- Selena Gomez producing docuseries about immigration for Netflix Tuesday 7:11 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Shakhtar Donetsk in Champions League action Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos threatens to crash furry convention he is barred from Tuesday 5:54 PM
- How to stream Juventus vs. Atletico Madrid in Champions League action Tuesday 5:52 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. PSG in Champions League action Tuesday 5:24 PM
- No-fly zone implemented over Area 51 ahead of Alienstock festival Tuesday 5:16 PM
- TikTok accused of censoring content about Hong Kong protests Tuesday 5:04 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em, Week 3: At the Bakery Tuesday 4:38 PM
- Alex Trebek says he will be undergoing chemotherapy again Tuesday 4:27 PM
- Dan Crenshaw roasted after attacking Sanders’ call for veteran care Tuesday 4:19 PM
- How to stream NXT for its USA network debut Tuesday 4:12 PM
- This website will show you how AI classifies you Tuesday 3:22 PM
- School tells Black 4-year-old to cut his hair or wear a dress Tuesday 3:17 PM
- Lizzo called a ‘snitch’ for accusing Postmates runner of stealing food Tuesday 2:30 PM
Move over, gender-bending Snapchat filters. The baby filter is taking over.
Snapchat is offering a filter that alters photos with a de-ageifying effect. Big eyes and eerily flawless skin override the real photo in a transformation that’s essentially airbrushing to jaw-dropping extremes. The fresh-faced and terrifyingly rosy-cheeked photos are sweeping across all social media platforms as users share their de-aged selves.
But while sharing selfies created with this baby filter is fun for a second, sharing photos of celebrities subjected to this creepy alteration is the kind of enduring content nightmares are made of.
Snapchat baby filter memes
"was I the bébé all along?" pic.twitter.com/n2IVfD23D1— Netflix UK & Ireland (@NetflixUK) May 14, 2019
baby one direction omgg pic.twitter.com/POeI2KdohP— zaladdin (@ZaynandLeila) May 12, 2019
Though it is reassuring to know that babies are capable of running local government.
I didn’t know how much i needed the baby face filter on the parks and rec cast until now pic.twitter.com/98DQuUfE4D— maria (@mariaburdjalov) May 13, 2019
And it’s great that these drag queens get a jumpstart on their future careers at a young age.
someone used the snapchat baby filter on all the drag race queens this season and im lf;jdasklfaslfdkjaf pic.twitter.com/stWZDKIwap— gabe bergado (@gabebergado) May 14, 2019
Canada’s favorite demon-fighting queer ladies must’ve been hit by a de-aging curse.
Of course, the filter doesn’t account for Rachel’s original nose…
the new snapchat filter is amazing pic.twitter.com/cqoCGiTDNr— not chandler (@notChandIer) May 14, 2019
These players might have some trouble reaching the hoop as little babies.
The new Snapchat baby filter is too good. Who looks the best? 👶 pic.twitter.com/AdN3EihmlV— ESPN Los Angeles (@ESPNLosAngeles) May 13, 2019
Beyond celebrity de-ageifying, many are taking advantage of this unnerving craze to combine one weird baby meme with another, keeping “I’m baby” alive.
that Snapchat filter is taking “I’m baby” to the next level— Kat Farrell (@kathrynfarr16) May 15, 2019
nobody:— nen :((( (@taesglowkit) May 9, 2019
snapchat: i’m baby
We’re all babies now.
Rachel Kiley is a writer who sometimes writes things and sometimes is based in L.A., but is definitely always on Twitter @rachelkiley.