- Florida woman gets prison time for throwing slushie at Matt Gaetz Tuesday 6:28 PM
- Marie Kondo’s online store slammed for selling clutter-worthy products Tuesday 5:34 PM
- People are rallying against toxic masculinity on International Men’s Day Tuesday 4:42 PM
- Reddit wants to stop its pro-Trump forum from outing the alleged whistleblower Tuesday 3:38 PM
- White woman calls cops on man who said he was visiting aunt with his kids Tuesday 3:12 PM
- ‘The Stranded’ is a flawed yet addictive blend of ‘Degrassi’ and ‘Lost’ Tuesday 2:45 PM
- The ‘gonna tell my kids’ meme is revisionist history at its most absurd Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Redditor asks former burglars to give home security tips Tuesday 2:18 PM
- Facebook-Breitbart partnership under fire in wake of new Stephen Miller emails Tuesday 2:00 PM
- John Krasinski under fire after praising the CIA Tuesday 1:46 PM
- Conservatives melt down after Chick-fil-A says it will stop donating to anti-LGBTQ orgs Tuesday 1:33 PM
- ‘Honey Boy’ is an experimental look at channeling trauma Tuesday 1:28 PM
- Disney+ now allows users to resume and restart content Tuesday 11:42 AM
- New York sues JUUL for marketing to teenagers Tuesday 11:34 AM
- The new ‘Discworld’ TV series just gender-flipped several major characters Tuesday 10:54 AM
Move over, gender-bending Snapchat filters. The baby filter is taking over.
Snapchat is offering a filter that alters photos with a de-ageifying effect. Big eyes and eerily flawless skin override the real photo in a transformation that’s essentially airbrushing to jaw-dropping extremes. The fresh-faced and terrifyingly rosy-cheeked photos are sweeping across all social media platforms as users share their de-aged selves.
But while sharing selfies created with this baby filter is fun for a second, sharing photos of celebrities subjected to this creepy alteration is the kind of enduring content nightmares are made of.
Snapchat baby filter memes
"was I the bébé all along?" pic.twitter.com/n2IVfD23D1— Netflix UK & Ireland (@NetflixUK) May 14, 2019
baby one direction omgg pic.twitter.com/POeI2KdohP— zaladdin (@ZaynandLeila) May 12, 2019
Though it is reassuring to know that babies are capable of running local government.
I didn’t know how much i needed the baby face filter on the parks and rec cast until now pic.twitter.com/98DQuUfE4D— maria (@mariaburdjalov) May 13, 2019
And it’s great that these drag queens get a jumpstart on their future careers at a young age.
someone used the snapchat baby filter on all the drag race queens this season and im lf;jdasklfaslfdkjaf pic.twitter.com/stWZDKIwap— gabe bergado (@gabebergado) May 14, 2019
Canada’s favorite demon-fighting queer ladies must’ve been hit by a de-aging curse.
Of course, the filter doesn’t account for Rachel’s original nose…
the new snapchat filter is amazing pic.twitter.com/cqoCGiTDNr— not chandler (@notChandIer) May 14, 2019
These players might have some trouble reaching the hoop as little babies.
The new Snapchat baby filter is too good. Who looks the best? 👶 pic.twitter.com/AdN3EihmlV— ESPN Los Angeles (@ESPNLosAngeles) May 13, 2019
Beyond celebrity de-ageifying, many are taking advantage of this unnerving craze to combine one weird baby meme with another, keeping “I’m baby” alive.
that Snapchat filter is taking “I’m baby” to the next level— Kat Farrell (@kathrynfarr16) May 15, 2019
nobody:— nen :((( (@taesglowkit) May 9, 2019
snapchat: i’m baby
We’re all babies now.
Rachel Kiley is a writer who sometimes writes things and sometimes is based in L.A., but is definitely always on Twitter @rachelkiley.