- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report 8 Months Ago
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people 8 Months Ago
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Today 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Today 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Today 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Today 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Today 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Today 11:46 AM
- Police officer suspended after video of a handcuffed Delonte West surfaces Today 11:33 AM
- ‘Girls don’t want a boyfriend’ meme leaves boyfriends in 2019 Today 11:21 AM
- Are these tweets about ‘The Bachelor’ or Trump’s impeachment? Today 10:45 AM
- Likely file Saudi prince sent to Jeff Bezos’ to hack his phone revealed Today 10:10 AM
- Will Olivia Jade have to testify against her mother, Lori Loughlin, in bribery trial? Today 10:07 AM
- Gina Rodriguez slammed for promoting ‘American Dirt’ Today 9:26 AM
- Netflix says ‘The Witcher’ is its biggest show. Is it really? Today 8:59 AM
Move over, gender-bending Snapchat filters. The baby filter is taking over.
Snapchat is offering a filter that alters photos with a de-ageifying effect. Big eyes and eerily flawless skin override the real photo in a transformation that’s essentially airbrushing to jaw-dropping extremes. The fresh-faced and terrifyingly rosy-cheeked photos are sweeping across all social media platforms as users share their de-aged selves.
But while sharing selfies created with this baby filter is fun for a second, sharing photos of celebrities subjected to this creepy alteration is the kind of enduring content nightmares are made of.
Snapchat baby filter memes
"was I the bébé all along?" pic.twitter.com/n2IVfD23D1— Netflix UK & Ireland (@NetflixUK) May 14, 2019
baby one direction omgg pic.twitter.com/POeI2KdohP— zaladdin (@ZaynandLeila) May 12, 2019
Though it is reassuring to know that babies are capable of running local government.
I didn’t know how much i needed the baby face filter on the parks and rec cast until now pic.twitter.com/98DQuUfE4D— maria (@mariaburdjalov) May 13, 2019
And it’s great that these drag queens get a jumpstart on their future careers at a young age.
someone used the snapchat baby filter on all the drag race queens this season and im lf;jdasklfaslfdkjaf pic.twitter.com/stWZDKIwap— gabe bergado (@gabebergado) May 14, 2019
Canada’s favorite demon-fighting queer ladies must’ve been hit by a de-aging curse.
Of course, the filter doesn’t account for Rachel’s original nose…
the new snapchat filter is amazing pic.twitter.com/cqoCGiTDNr— not chandler (@notChandIer) May 14, 2019
These players might have some trouble reaching the hoop as little babies.
The new Snapchat baby filter is too good. Who looks the best? 👶 pic.twitter.com/AdN3EihmlV— ESPN Los Angeles (@ESPNLosAngeles) May 13, 2019
Beyond celebrity de-ageifying, many are taking advantage of this unnerving craze to combine one weird baby meme with another, keeping “I’m baby” alive.
that Snapchat filter is taking “I’m baby” to the next level— Kat Farrell (@kathrynfarr16) May 15, 2019
nobody:— nen :((( (@taesglowkit) May 9, 2019
snapchat: i’m baby
We’re all babies now.
Rachel Kiley is a writer who sometimes writes things and sometimes is based in L.A., but is definitely always on Twitter @rachelkiley.