- Parent immediately regrets baby monitor after seeing ‘possessed’ baby 6 Months Ago
- Buttigieg used Kenyan stock photo to promote plan for Black America Today 2:29 PM
- Disney+ is the best streaming service for families available today Today 1:43 PM
- Netflix to amend Nazi docuseries after being accused of rewriting history Today 1:09 PM
- Everything you need to know about TikTok Today 1:00 PM
- Screaming drummer girl steals hearts with passionate Nirvana cover Today 12:50 PM
- The Kardashians receiving backlash for food fight Instagram post Today 10:26 AM
- How to stream Artem Lobov vs. Jason Knight in BKFC Today 9:00 AM
- Lizzo sued by Postmates runner she accused of stealing her food Today 8:39 AM
- How to stream Jan Blachowicz vs. Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza on UFC Fight Night Today 8:00 AM
- How to watch Georgia vs. Auburn live Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Navy vs. Notre Dame live Today 3:30 AM
- The actor who played Greedo is just as confused by ‘maclunkey’ as you are Friday 4:57 PM
- AirPods are getting that sweet, sweet Black Friday price drop Friday 4:24 PM
- Looking for a Nintendo Switch? Black Friday deals are here Friday 4:04 PM
Billionaire Elon Musk has been transformed into a giggling baby in the latest terrifying deepfake.
Developed with the aid of artificial intelligence, Musk can be seen giggling and playing with toys.
The baby-faced Musk even goes on to discuss how humanity is “one giant cybernetic collective,” as infants often do.
Twitter users almost unanimously reacted to the video in horror, repeatedly describing the content as “nightmare” material.
Nightmare fuel https://t.co/jIjLAQn9cr— el jefe (@ThatElJefe) May 8, 2019
Several, however, found the video intriguing, while one individual wished they had an Elon baby for themselves.
The video is just one of many emanating from a tight-knit community of deepfake creators. Everyone from pop star Billie Eilish to President Donald Trump has been transformed into a deepfake by the technology.
In the most prominent and recent use of the technology, soccer star David Beckham was given the ability to speak 9 different languages as part of an ad campaign warning against the dangers of malaria.
Mikael Thalen is a tech and security reporter based in Seattle, covering social media, data breaches, hackers, and more.