- Woman slammed for trying to put UPS driver on blast Sunday 5:23 PM
- Twitter users are sharing which celebrities have blocked them Sunday 4:43 PM
- Conspiracy theorists are already taking advantage of Kobe Bryant’s death Sunday 4:14 PM
- Adam Driver returns to ‘SNL’ as Kylo Ren to reprise role in ‘Undercover Boss’ parody Sunday 3:46 PM
- White men are raging over ‘SNL’s’ white male rage skit Sunday 3:05 PM
- Kobe Bryant dead at 41 Sunday 2:24 PM
- Pete Buttigieg mocked over ‘staged’ walking photo Sunday 12:22 PM
- Louise Linton deletes pro-Greta Thunberg Instagram post Sunday 10:58 AM
- ‘Crip Camp’ shows how a radical summer camp was monumental to the disability rights movement Sunday 9:08 AM
- How to live stream the 2020 Grammy Awards Sunday 7:00 AM
- Technology created deepfakes—does it have a way to stop them, too? Sunday 6:30 AM
- SESTA-FOSTA is ‘detrimental’ to sex workers’ safety, study confirms Sunday 6:00 AM
- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
Everyone knows celebrities lie about their height. That actor who comes up as 6 feet tall on IMDb is definitely only 5 feet 6 inches at best, every time. But what do you do when the height deceiver at hand is… a cartoon character?
Frozen fans were flabbergasted to discover Olaf’s supposed height, per Google, is 5 feet 4 inches. Now, if you’ve been living in an ice cave and don’t know who Olaf is, he’s this presumably pocket-sized snowman who accompanies Elsa and Anna on their adventures in both films.
I am so fucking sorry but if Olaf is 5’4” then how fucking tall are anna and elsa pic.twitter.com/I10RFn7cwf— max (@actuallymaxie) December 6, 2019
WHY THE FUCK IS OLAF THE SAME HEIGHT AS ME AND ELSA IS A MF GIANT https://t.co/nokgMISAkC— cloudie @ mamizou lovin hours (@fluffysmolcloud) December 7, 2019
The idea of a talking snowman, even a friendly one, being roughly the same height as a real-life human is making people rethink their love of what they thought was a cuddly, little snow dude.
“If i see a 5’4 tall talking snowman I’d shit my pants,” one user tweeted.
Another pointed out Olaf is actually bigger than many humans.
“Good luck sleeping tonight,” they wrote.
My best friend showed me this cursed knowledge so now you get to know too.— Michelle the ⭕ctopunk🐙🎮🎬 (@ladytuono) December 7, 2019
Good luck sleeping tonight, knowing Olaf is as big as, if not bigger, than many of you.
(I know it makes logical sense with his proportion to the other characters but....I pictured him waist height 😳) pic.twitter.com/cvsnwEyD1R
The scary thing about Olaf being 5'4 in height is unlike the whole "PEPPA PIG IS 7 FEET TALL" thing awhile back, this is actually in Frozen Canon and IN the christmas special.— TRAFON (@RiseFallNick) December 7, 2019
So... yeah, be afraid. pic.twitter.com/DmS269JOlj
SOMETHING NO ONE TALKS ABOUT MUCH: OLAF FROM FROZEN IS A TRUE NIGHTMARE AND A CRIME AGAINST GOD— Cody Goins (@codygoins) December 8, 2019
But another challenge presents itself. How freaking tall must his human companions be if he’s 5 feet 4 inches? People on Twitter are busting open their brains trying to twist the calculations into anything that kind of makes sense.
“Since olaf is 5’4, i think elsa and anna are the same height as peppa pig…” one person wrote, referencing another shocking supposed cartoon character height. A seemingly random Google search in July found that Peppa Pig is over 7 feet tall.
Others pointed out that, from looking at a photo, Elsa and Anna make up roughly two and a half Olafs, meaning the Frozen-verse humans are 11 feet 2 inches tall.
Okay that means that if Olaf truly is based off the snowman they created as kids (height included), that Anna and Elsa were over 5’5 at like six and seven years old. I’m- pic.twitter.com/egihksYdWo— Silent Night (you’re welcome) (@spidey_gabs) December 7, 2019
if you take elsa’s height of 5’7” and divide it by the scale of olafs in this photo, olaf is actually only approximately 2’3” so he must have measured his height wrong since he did it himself. in this essay, i will- pic.twitter.com/xNMwvNLCVP— georgia (@georgiafrann) December 7, 2019
new height measurement scale is:— gamer girl daddy (@aphamericashole) December 7, 2019
1. shorter than olaf
2. taller than olaf
I haven't stopped thinking about how olaf is 5'4 so I made a to-scale height chart for elsa, adam driver, and baby yoda pic.twitter.com/OXp9ahzyfb— hattie (@hattiesoykan) December 8, 2019
Everyone stop panicking, men always lie about their height on the internet #Olaf— Lindsey Kelk (@LindseyKelk) December 7, 2019
Rachel Kiley is a writer who sometimes writes things and sometimes is based in L.A., but is definitely always on Twitter @rachelkiley.