- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Saturday 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- Police try to solve domestic violence by giving victims blunt kitchen knives Friday 5:40 PM
- Privacy activist Ola Bini detained for 2 months in Ecuador without charges Friday 5:01 PM
- Twitter says suspending ‘God’ for a pro-LGBTQ tweet was an ‘error’ Friday 4:14 PM
‘Star Wars’–’Disney’ mashup puts Belle, Olaf, and more into ‘The Force Awakens’
The Force of cross-franchise synergy is strong with these characters.
The Pistol Shrimps, a group of video editors from Norway, seamlessly edited famous animated Disney characters into teaser footage from The Force Awakens, and the results are incredible. Not only does it look like it’s supposed to be that way, but the additions totally work given what we know of the new Star Wars film’s plot.
Agrabah could totally double as Jakku, Maleficent is part of the First Order’s first line of defense, Rey is a total Belle, and there’s even a James Earl Jones cameo with a message to his son. Now, who wants to go on a magic Millennium Falcon ride?
But poor Olaf. He never had a chance with Captain Phasma.
Screengrab via PistolShrimps/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.