- What we learned when we visited Mr. B, America’s chonkiest cat 2 Weeks Ago
- Trump’s new plan to fight opioid overdose? This tweet 2 Weeks Ago
- Fitness influencer shamed for ‘sharing numbers’ in weight loss posts 2 Weeks Ago
- The VSCO Girl has always been here 2 Weeks Ago
- Tomi Lahren’s new ‘Freedom’ clothing line is made for meme mockery Today 12:21 PM
- Taylor Swift’s ‘London Boy’ is a bop, but Brits don’t think her lyrics are accurate Today 12:02 PM
- Popeyes blasted for employee welfare amid chicken sandwich war Today 11:59 AM
- Cory Booker says nonbinary ‘niephew’ taught him about trans issues Today 11:53 AM
- Megachurch pushes conversion therapy on Instagram, Facebook with #OnceGay Today 11:11 AM
- Christian movie review site blasts Netflix’s ‘The Family’ Today 10:50 AM
- YouTube removes ‘coordinated’ channels spreading Hong Kong misinformation Today 8:58 AM
- Christina Hendricks reveals she was the hand model for ‘American Beauty’ Today 8:30 AM
- Why can’t independent feminist websites stay afloat? Today 8:17 AM
- Far-right troll Jacob Wohl scammed a Trump fan out of $25,000 Today 7:54 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Buccaneers in key preseason action Today 7:02 AM
We know about Monster’s, Inc. star Mike Wazowski’s dedication to his job at the titular energy-producing factory. We know that Wazowski’s loyalty to his best friend and number one scarer, Sully, is unwavering. But what we don’t know is how exactly Wazowski cries.
Honestly, the concept of the one-eyed monster crying probably wasn’t even on your radar until Twitter user @curledbitch put it there.
“i wonder how mike wazowski cries,” @curledbitch questioned, along with visuals showing two different ways Wazowski may cry. One of which, Wazowski cries with two tear streams. In the other visual, Wazowski cries with just one tear stream.
i wonder how mike wazowski cries pic.twitter.com/jas2eeZ6pC— lucy,, (@curledbitch) August 8, 2019
Seems like a fair question considering he only has one eye. The Twitter-verse is split on the debate, with many adding their own graphics of how they think Wazowski cries to the mix.
Like this pic.twitter.com/gQKfSjKgL7— helloitsmee (@kaiafterkai) August 8, 2019
I figure it would just be like a waterfall. LIKE THIS! pic.twitter.com/OZ96cdwsST— Marcos Botello III (@MB3Mexican) August 9, 2019
but nobody asks WHY mike wazowski cries pic.twitter.com/rXYr1eMMrE— moby dyke 🐳 (@space_pyjamas) August 9, 2019
We can’t confirm exactly how Wazowski cries, and as it turns out, there’s not much historical context to analyze in order to figure it out. Similar characters, like the cyclops in the Odyssey, were never recorded crying–as far as a quick Google search can confirm.
On the other hand, Plankton from SpongeBob SquarePants did cry. Similar to Wazowski he had only one eye, and his tears would sort of chaotically burst out of the sides of his eye.
Yet, one user is asking the real questions.
“But nobody asks WHY mike wazowski cries,” they wrote.
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig?
- This ‘Monsters, Inc.’ meme has people digging deep for their favorite songs
- Caillou is how tall?
- ‘Sco Pa Tu Manaa’ is all over Twitter–here’s what it means
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.