- Maggie Rogers calls out catcaller at Austin concert 2 Months Ago
- Netflix’s ‘Unnatural Selection’ breaks down the pros and cons of biohacking 2 Months Ago
- Did Trump flip off astronauts from the all-women spacewalk? 2 Months Ago
- Report: Mark Zuckerberg advised Pete Buttigieg on campaign hires Today 10:29 AM
- ‘New Girl’ star Lamorne Morris handcuffed by white cop for recording his friend’s arrest Today 10:25 AM
- Mitt Romney, aka ‘Pierre Delecto,’ uses a fake account to lurk on Twitter Today 10:20 AM
- ‘The Laundromat’ sacrifices narrative for artistic experimentation Today 9:24 AM
- James Charles mocks the Dobre Brothers’ fan controversy Today 9:22 AM
- Vin Diesel stars in the first trailer for comic book movie ‘Bloodshot’ Today 7:48 AM
- MAGA rappers are dropping beats for Trump Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Patriots vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Arsenal vs. Sheffield United Today 1:00 AM
- If you have doubts about HBO’s ‘Watchmen,’ give it more time Sunday 9:00 PM
- Video shows moment coach disarmed student of shotgun, then hugged him Sunday 7:38 PM
- Jared Leto reportedly tried to stop ‘Joker’ from happening Sunday 4:12 PM
We know about Monster’s, Inc. star Mike Wazowski’s dedication to his job at the titular energy-producing factory. We know that Wazowski’s loyalty to his best friend and number one scarer, Sully, is unwavering. But what we don’t know is how exactly Wazowski cries.
Honestly, the concept of the one-eyed monster crying probably wasn’t even on your radar until Twitter user @curledbitch put it there.
“i wonder how mike wazowski cries,” @curledbitch questioned, along with visuals showing two different ways Wazowski may cry. One of which, Wazowski cries with two tear streams. In the other visual, Wazowski cries with just one tear stream.
i wonder how mike wazowski cries pic.twitter.com/jas2eeZ6pC— lucy,, (@curledbitch) August 8, 2019
Seems like a fair question considering he only has one eye. The Twitter-verse is split on the debate, with many adding their own graphics of how they think Wazowski cries to the mix.
Like this pic.twitter.com/gQKfSjKgL7— helloitsmee (@kaiafterkai) August 8, 2019
I figure it would just be like a waterfall. LIKE THIS! pic.twitter.com/OZ96cdwsST— Marcos Botello III (@MB3Mexican) August 9, 2019
but nobody asks WHY mike wazowski cries pic.twitter.com/rXYr1eMMrE— moby dyke 🐳 (@space_pyjamas) August 9, 2019
We can’t confirm exactly how Wazowski cries, and as it turns out, there’s not much historical context to analyze in order to figure it out. Similar characters, like the cyclops in the Odyssey, were never recorded crying–as far as a quick Google search can confirm.
On the other hand, Plankton from SpongeBob SquarePants did cry. Similar to Wazowski he had only one eye, and his tears would sort of chaotically burst out of the sides of his eye.
Yet, one user is asking the real questions.
“But nobody asks WHY mike wazowski cries,” they wrote.
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig?
- This ‘Monsters, Inc.’ meme has people digging deep for their favorite songs
- Caillou is how tall?
- ‘Sco Pa Tu Manaa’ is all over Twitter–here’s what it means
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.