- California aims to strengthen data breach notification law Thursday 5:37 PM
- Feds say college student operated drug business through gaming app Thursday 4:36 PM
- Trump is again using old videos to claim his border wall is ‘under construction Thursday 4:05 PM
- Laura Loomer led a second protest at Twitter yesterday Thursday 3:37 PM
- The eyes have it in these ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ memes Thursday 2:13 PM
- Facebook let advertisers target users interested in infamous Nazis Thursday 1:58 PM
- Dem senator promises to put net neutrality on the ‘political hot seat’ in coming months Thursday 1:28 PM
- Someone figured out that Toothless from ‘How to Train Your Dragon’ looks just like Bulbasaur Thursday 12:44 PM
- Disturbing Snapchat video shows 17-year-old throwing dog on trampoline Thursday 12:16 PM
- How to watch the new Bon Appetit channel for free Thursday 12:03 PM
- Eminem disses Netflix for canceling ‘The Punisher’ Thursday 11:50 AM
- Florida prisons sued for depriving inmates of music they paid for Thursday 11:36 AM
- Chris Hemsworth will become Hulk Hogan for Netflix biopic Thursday 11:29 AM
- Fortnite just introduced a K-Pop skin, and here’s how to unlock it Thursday 11:06 AM
- The YouTuber who exposed the site’s ‘softcore pedophile ring’ is under attack Thursday 10:39 AM
This ‘Monsters, Inc.’ meme has people digging deep for their favorite songs
‘I got my eye on you…’
We’ve all got our favorite songs that we know by heart. Whether in the shower, in the car, or in front of a room full of people during karaoke, we shout out the words at the top of our lungs, because we’re workin’ it, baby. We’re living our best lives with those songs!
So it shouldn’t come as a surprise that people are taking some of their favorite throwback lyrics and posting them to Twitter with an image of Monsters, Inc.’s Mike Wazowski singing them.
“I’m sorry Ms. Jackson, ooouuu”
8 year old me: i am fo reeeaaallll pic.twitter.com/9WKcnXnOAd
— K E S M O N D A N D R E W S ™️ (@kes_andrews14) August 9, 2018
“Ne-va meant to make yo’ daugh-ter cry,” yeah, you know the words.
I’ve had you so many times but somehow I want moreeee…
4th grade me:
and she willlll be loveedddd
and she willlll be loveedddd pic.twitter.com/2SBko0F4Jh
— ᴊᴏᴇ (@TravusHertl) August 10, 2018
It’s genius, really. These songs are absolute bangers, of course, and so many of us relished that one moment where the best part came up, and we sang it with all the passion in our bodies.
Lady Gaga: I’m your biggest fan
I’ll follow you until you love…
— popcornxtea (@popcornxtea) August 13, 2018
[ Mike Wazowski Meme ]
You tell me that your sorry
Didn't think I'd turn around
3rd grade me:
That it's too late to apologize
It's too late pic.twitter.com/J6zmYBhtTp
— Jaden R-J (@Duxars_) August 13, 2018
Akon: Nobody wanna see us together, but it don't matter, no
2006 me: 'Cause I got you babe pic.twitter.com/StIbHeKzqW
— Zeni (@ICouldBeAPanda7) August 13, 2018
“All that glitter is gold..”
— Jillian Sparks (@jilliansparks_) August 13, 2018
Kid Cudi: The lonely loner
seems to free his mind at night
8th grade me: at, at, at night pic.twitter.com/RuLwA7axtd
— ⚡️ (@majidjordannew) August 12, 2018
Lil wayne: I say he so sweet make her wanna lick the rapper..
4th grade me: So I let her lick the rapper pic.twitter.com/CbxbXvvOJh
— sav (@savayaa_) August 10, 2018
But what’s the story behind the picture?
Well, we all know the cyclops Mike Wazowski as the mastermind behind the Monsters, Inc. production of the classic show tune “Put That Thing Back Where It Came From, Or So Help Me!” (an underrated bop). But he really put his chops on full display in the Monsters, Inc. bloopers, where he croons the tune “She’s Out of Our Hair” while sitting atop of a stool on a dimly-lit stage as part of the company play the monsters put on.
Here are the lyrics, if you want to sing along:
“She’s out of hair
And just when I dare to care
She says “au contraire
You’re my pair…of friends
I love you!”
It’s actually a parody of Michael Jackson’s iconic video for “She’s Out of My Life,” where Jackson can be seen in the same pose singing the melancholy track. If you haven’t been blessed with one of the King of Pop’s best ballads, educate yourself before meme-ing it up with Mike.
Know your memes. Introducing 2 GIRLS 1 PODCAST:
Alli Goldberg and Jen Jamula (two actors who perform bizarre internet content on stage) have hilarious and humanizing conversations with Bronies, top Reddit mods, professional ticklers, video game archaeologists, dating app engineers, adult babies, cuddling specialists, vampires, Jedi, living dolls, and more.
Here’s an episode you might enjoy:
Or subscribe to 2 GIRLS 1 PODCAST in your favorite podcast app.
Brittany Vincent has covered gaming, anime, tech, and entertainment for over a decade. When she’s not writing, she’s replaying Um Jammer Lammy or Day of the Tentacle for the hundredth time while pining for a Harvester sequel. Find her on Twitter @MolotovCupcake.