- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Monday 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Monday 3:47 PM
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked Monday 3:45 PM
- Post-Prime Day recap: Shipping delays, more sales, and a scam Monday 3:08 PM
- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now Monday 1:56 PM
- How to stream WWE Raw Reunion Monday 1:35 PM
- ‘I hope Trump deports you’: Woman goes on racist rant to Spanish speakers at a store Monday 1:24 PM
- Emoji Mashup Bot gives life to unidentifiable emotions Monday 1:15 PM
- Notorious grifter Anna Sorokin reportedly blocked from profiting off Netflix series Monday 12:45 PM
- Charlottesville attacker’s Twitter account included praise for Hitler Monday 12:10 PM
- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return Monday 11:57 AM
- Everything we know about ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks,’ the new animated show Monday 11:55 AM
- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur Monday 11:32 AM
This ‘Monsters, Inc.’ meme has people digging deep for their favorite songs
‘I got my eye on you…’
We’ve all got our favorite songs that we know by heart. Whether in the shower, in the car, or in front of a room full of people during karaoke, we shout out the words at the top of our lungs, because we’re workin’ it, baby. We’re living our best lives with those songs!
So it shouldn’t come as a surprise that people are taking some of their favorite throwback lyrics and posting them to Twitter with an image of Monsters, Inc.’s Mike Wazowski singing them.
“I’m sorry Ms. Jackson, ooouuu”— K E S M O N D A N D R E W S ™️ (@kes_andrews14) August 9, 2018
8 year old me: i am fo reeeaaallll pic.twitter.com/9WKcnXnOAd
“Ne-va meant to make yo’ daugh-ter cry,” yeah, you know the words.
Maroon 5:— ᴊᴏᴇ (@TravusHertl) August 10, 2018
I’ve had you so many times but somehow I want moreeee...
4th grade me:
and she willlll be loveedddd
and she willlll be loveedddd pic.twitter.com/2SBko0F4Jh
It’s genius, really. These songs are absolute bangers, of course, and so many of us relished that one moment where the best part came up, and we sang it with all the passion in our bodies.
[ Mike Wazowski Meme ]— Jaden R-J (@Duxars_) August 13, 2018
You tell me that your sorry
Didn't think I'd turn around
3rd grade me:
That it's too late to apologize
It's too late pic.twitter.com/J6zmYBhtTp
Kid Cudi: The lonely loner— ⚡️ (@majidjordannew) August 12, 2018
seems to free his mind at night
8th grade me: at, at, at night pic.twitter.com/RuLwA7axtd
Lil wayne: I say he so sweet make her wanna lick the rapper..— sav (@savayaa_) August 10, 2018
4th grade me: So I let her lick the rapper pic.twitter.com/CbxbXvvOJh
But what’s the story behind the picture?
Well, we all know the cyclops Mike Wazowski as the mastermind behind the Monsters, Inc. production of the classic show tune “Put That Thing Back Where It Came From, Or So Help Me!” (an underrated bop). But he really put his chops on full display in the Monsters, Inc. bloopers, where he croons the tune “She’s Out of Our Hair” while sitting atop of a stool on a dimly-lit stage as part of the company play the monsters put on.
Here are the lyrics, if you want to sing along:
“She’s out of hair
And just when I dare to care
She says “au contraire
You’re my pair…of friends
I love you!”
It’s actually a parody of Michael Jackson’s iconic video for “She’s Out of My Life,” where Jackson can be seen in the same pose singing the melancholy track. If you haven’t been blessed with one of the King of Pop’s best ballads, educate yourself before meme-ing it up with Mike.
Know your memes. Introducing 2 GIRLS 1 PODCAST:
Alli Goldberg and Jen Jamula (two actors who perform bizarre internet content on stage) have hilarious and humanizing conversations with Bronies, top Reddit mods, professional ticklers, video game archaeologists, dating app engineers, adult babies, cuddling specialists, vampires, Jedi, living dolls, and more.
Here’s an episode you might enjoy:
Or subscribe to 2 GIRLS 1 PODCAST in your favorite podcast app.
Brittany Vincent has covered gaming, anime, tech, and entertainment for over a decade. When she’s not writing, she’s replaying Um Jammer Lammy or Day of the Tentacle for the hundredth time while pining for a Harvester sequel. Find her on Twitter @MolotovCupcake.