- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit 3 Weeks Ago
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Saturday 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Saturday 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Saturday 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
Every horror buff thinks they’d be able to recognize the signs if someone they love was possessed by an evil spirit hellbent on bringing chaos and destruction down in some evil underworld plot. But what about if the loved one was a tiny, possessed demon baby with an unformed personality and no solid metrics by which to judge that they were acting unusual?
Well, you’d just have to rely on the old school signs, like glowing, demonic eyes.
That’s what Twitter user @PassionPopSoc found when she looked in on her little kiddo on the baby monitor the family had recently acquired.
“We got a new video baby monitor and I think that was a mistake,” she tweeted, alongside a photo that is definitely going to stir up some questions when the kid is looking through his photo albums in the future.
We got a new video baby monitor and I think that was a mistake pic.twitter.com/Cu3Qwb0baJ— Passion Pop Socialist (@PassionPopSoc) November 14, 2019
The cursed image quickly went viral, as cursed images trying to infect the masses with their manipulative and evil ways often do. People responded with everything, from helpful suggestions to raw terror.
“You know what they say, the camera adds ten demons,” one quipped.
i know like three or four good exorcists just dm— christmas cheer liz bruenig (@ebruenig) November 15, 2019
Mine rotated the picture 90° a few seconds after I opened it. Definitely possessed. pic.twitter.com/SWRhR9Ov9S— T.G. Wilkinson (@tgwilkinson) November 15, 2019
I HATE EVERYONE WHO LIKED THIS BECAUSE NOW I WILL HAVE NIGHTMARES. THANK YOU.— ☆ K.G.M. ☆ (@CanPanicNow) November 15, 2019
Congratulations on your bundle of demonic energy— Aya S ♿️✡️🇨🇺 (@disabledsirena) November 15, 2019
1. Get out of the house 2. Leave the baby and leave a warning for the next owners 3. Let them buy it anyway 4. Horrors ensue 5. Find a desperate up and coming “writer” 6. sell your story 7. Go on a lavish vacation 8. Have a new baby 9. Buy a different monitor 😃— nikkiikki (@InurOcean) November 15, 2019
Baby's first demonic possession. And you would've missed it otherwise— Car Gone of Assad (@CarGoneOfAssad) November 15, 2019
to be fair the monitor would probably be fine if your baby weren't haunted.— insects insects insects insects (@insectsinsects) November 15, 2019
You know what they say, the camera adds ten demons.— Mike Langdon (@anthropomo) November 15, 2019
Others were quick to share their own photos of potentially possessed offspring, though none are quite as spine-tingling as little Chucky lying prone in his crib.
Me too pic.twitter.com/fvSFIRyBnY— Hailey (@hurricane_hails) November 15, 2019
My wife is in a group of Mums and one of them was convinced they had a ghost in their baby's cot.— Seánie (@seanieflanagan) November 15, 2019
Turns out, the kid's dad had forgotten to put on the mattress protector... pic.twitter.com/nbIqngF8kF
Isn't that cute? It put a blanket over its head to hide its tiny horns.— Helena Baptiste 🕊️ (@sumbodysbabygrl) November 16, 2019
Of course, 99% of people responding to the tweets are just joking around, and the mom with baby monitor regrets is all too happy to play along.
“On a related note, does anyone have experience with a good noise generator app? Every one that I’ve tried so far is just layers of whispered chanting in Latin instead of white noise. It still puts Finn to sleep but I don’t like it,” she later tweeted.
On a related note, does anyone have experience with a good noise generator app? Every one that I've tried so far is just layers of whispered chanting in Latin instead of white noise. It still puts Finn to sleep but I don't like it— Passion Pop Socialist (@PassionPopSoc) November 15, 2019
Pfft, like you're going to succeed where mobs of villagers have failed— Passion Pop Socialist (@PassionPopSoc) November 15, 2019
I've tried but every time I do I come back into the house and they're both where they were beforehand?— Passion Pop Socialist (@PassionPopSoc) November 15, 2019
yeah but he vomited black ink all over it and now the store won't accept it— Passion Pop Socialist (@PassionPopSoc) November 15, 2019
please someone invite this baby into your home. i have aged 10 years in the past 7 months. my hands are dirty with blood and can never be cleaned. i do not wish this curse on anyone but i cannot exist this way anymore. perhaps you are stronger— Passion Pop Socialist (@PassionPopSoc) November 15, 2019
We’ve all gotten a good laugh out of demon baby, but if in 17-ish years a glowy-eyed young adult commands legions to enslave the souls of the world, we may spend our final seconds rueing the day we ever set eyes upon these images and laughed.
Rachel Kiley is a writer who sometimes writes things and sometimes is based in L.A., but is definitely always on Twitter @rachelkiley.