- The best haunted house movies to watch online in 2019 5 Months Ago
- Andy Ngo seen laughing as Patriot Prayer members plan an attack in newly emerged video 5 Months Ago
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Bournemouth Today 3:25 PM
- Catholic priest allegedly spent church money on Grindr hookups Today 3:04 PM
- Nicolás Maduro’s English Twitter account was suspended with no public explanation Today 2:06 PM
- Man claims ex-girlfriend killed his dog after he broke up with her Today 1:02 PM
- What are BitTorrent downloads and how do they work? Today 12:58 PM
- ICE cuts the cord on real immigrant hotline after being featured in ‘Orange Is the New Black’ Today 10:49 AM
- The 10 best music podcasts for artist interviews and criticism in 2019 Today 10:41 AM
- How a socialist Twitch streamer landed in a feud with Dan Crenshaw Today 10:07 AM
- How to prepare for your fantasy football draft (and season) Today 9:00 AM
- Kit Harington is joining the MCU–and people are guessing which character he will play Today 8:48 AM
- How to live stream Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Dewayne Beamon Today 8:00 AM
- The 5 best free torrent clients you can download in 2019 Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Jets in NFL preseason action Today 7:49 AM
If you’ve never checked out “Humans of New York,” you definitely should. Photographer Brandon Stanton takes pictures of people around the city and posts a short story or quote from his subjects. The results can be inspiring, funny or heartbreaking, depending on who he met that day. Like this man who recently moved to New York City to follow his dream… oh and also because his roommate was possessed by a demon.
“I wouldn’t be here if my roommate hadn’t been possessed by a demon. It all started one night when our upstairs neighbor tried to commit suicide by cutting open his chest. I knew then something dark was going on. But my roommate seemed fine. He was a volunteer firefighter..." pic.twitter.com/E0xV84jAZt— Brandon Stanton (@humansofny) April 4, 2019
Here’s the full story as posted to the Humans of New York site:
I wouldn’t be here if my roommate hadn’t been possessed by a demon. It all started one night when our upstairs neighbor tried to commit suicide by cutting open his chest. I knew then something dark was going on. But my roommate seemed fine. He was a volunteer firefighter. I lived with him for six years. No problems. Then one night he comes home with a new tattoo. It was a picture of the devil having sex with a gagged girl. He’s like: ‘Isn’t this cool?’ And I’m like: ‘No, man. That’s not cool.’ Then at 4:30 the next morning I woke up to screaming. I ran out of my bedroom and found him thrashing around in the kitchen. He was slamming into cupboards and knocking over dishes. The whole time he’s screaming: ‘He’s mine! He’s mine!’ I knew he owned a gun so I locked myself in the bedroom. The next morning he didn’t remember a thing, but I wasn’t taking any chances. I moved out that day. It felt like a good time to finally move to New York and follow my dreams.
“The first 3/4 of this story is from a horror movie, the last quarter is from a rom com,” one person commented on Facebook. “Sounds more like meth than the Devil, to be honest,” wrote another.
Twitter was equally as impressed.
that was a roller coaster from start to finish— catarina (@catkalt) April 4, 2019
Okay but we need go hear the roommate’s side of the story.— SunlightDreamer.com (@Cerebralle) April 5, 2019
[email protected] (@ShiroKage001) April 5, 2019
Several people also felt like the man telling the story and the roommate might be one and the same.
I was asking myself the same thing.?— EndHomo/Trans/Biphobia (@Theblakflower) April 5, 2019
Since there is a guitar sitting next to the man in the photo, we can assume the dream he’s following is to become a famous musician. He definitely has some great material for song lyrics.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.