- Chapo Trap House among leftist channels banned on Twitch for streaming Democratic debate 4 Months Ago
- Meet Ryker, the world’s worst service dog 4 Months Ago
- Far-right blogger claims Trump ordered arrest of Julian Assange Today 3:47 PM
- Reddit man wants to tell people he’s been with his girlfriend for one year instead of 6—for an incredibly dumb reason Today 2:18 PM
- John C. Reilly’s son Leo is a TikTok star Today 1:58 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: A friendship sails Today 1:52 PM
- For celebs, Kobe Bryant tattoos are all the rage Today 1:01 PM
- The internet has discovered Jim and Pam Halpert’s daughter—and she’s on TikTok Today 12:32 PM
- YouPorn launches adult-themed TikTok knock-off (updated) Today 12:29 PM
- Clearview AI client list reportedly stolen Today 11:56 AM
- Billie Eilish’s brother Finneas walks back on tone-deaf advice to young creatives Today 11:26 AM
- ‘Caronavirus’ trends after Trump misspells coronavirus Today 11:20 AM
- Conservative writer claims rape victims, trans people are most privileged Today 10:45 AM
- Colin Trevorrow reveals the title of the 3rd ‘Jurassic World’ movie Today 10:28 AM
- You can pre-order Bloomberg’s ‘not a socialist’ hats now if you really want to Today 10:06 AM
A Chicago area mom accidentally went viral last week when she shared a picture from the baby monitor of what looked like a ghost snuggled up with her son in his crib.
According to BuzzFeed News, Cibuls’ husband was at work last week when she put their youngest to bed. It was a normal night until she checked the baby monitor and saw the creepy face next to her own child. “At first I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me,” Cibuls, a stay-at-home mom of two, told BuzzFeed News. “I tried to ignore but it was really starting to creep me out.”
Looking for a “logical explanation,” Cibuls texted the picture to her mom, sister, and husband, who suggested the shape might just be drool. Afraid but too anxious to leave it alone, Cibuls went to carefully without waking her son. She couldn’t feel anything out of the ordinary in his crib. She then posted the picture in a mom’s Facebook group, asking if they could see the baby, too, and tried to go to sleep.
By the morning, the post had exploded; she definitely wasn’t the only one who could see the apparent ghost baby. Emboldened by the light of day, Cibuls returned to the potentially haunted scene in search of answers. She said the explanation was “so obvious” once she opened the blinds. Her husband had forgotten to put the mattress topper back on. “I pulled down the sheet and see this giant baby face looking up at me,” she said.
So last night I was positive there was a ghost baby in the bed with my son. I was so freaked out, I barely slept. I even...Posted by Maritza Elizabeth on Friday, October 18, 2019
Cibuls decided to share the spooky joy of ghost baby with the world, posting the night and day pictures of the crib publicly. It’s since been shared over 300,000 times, with many people leaving comments that if that had happened in their home, there would have been no sleep at all.
- Protesters sing ‘Baby Shark’ to soothe frightened toddler
- Video shows moment coach disarmed student of shotgun, then hugged him
- People are grossed out by cow insemination-themed pregnancy announcement
H/T BuzzFeed News
Alex Dalbey is a writer and zinester currently living in Saint Paul, Minnesota. They have written for The Daily Dot, Kill Screen, The Lingerie Addict, and Bullet Points.