- ‘Watchmen’ episode 5: Looking Glass just became one of the most compelling characters Sunday 9:05 PM
- Man allegedly kills girlfriend, then pretends to be her on Facebook Sunday 4:29 PM
- Trevor Lawrence met TikTok teen who looks just like him Sunday 3:48 PM
- Trump’s hospital visit spawns conspiracy theories Sunday 2:49 PM
- ‘SNL’ skit combines Harry Styles, the Popeyes chicken sandwich, and Disney+ Sunday 2:02 PM
- Doctored photo of GOP congresswoman flipping the bird fools critics Sunday 1:05 PM
- Internet scammers taking advantage of Narwhal the ‘unicorn’ rescue puppy Sunday 12:19 PM
- Sunday Night Football: How to stream Bears vs. Rams live Sunday 12:00 PM
- CupcakKe’s month-long ‘water fast’ has fans concerned Sunday 11:24 AM
- Will.i.am claims ‘racist’ flight attendant called police on him Sunday 10:28 AM
- How does Disney+ compare to Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, and Apple TV+? Sunday 9:35 AM
- How to stream Patriots vs. Eagles live Sunday 9:30 AM
- Girl turns herself into ‘pleading face’ emoji Sunday 9:27 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Lions live Sunday 9:00 AM
- Chaotic good, true neutral: The 2020 Democrat alignment chart Sunday 6:30 AM
A Chicago area mom accidentally went viral last week when she shared a picture from the baby monitor of what looked like a ghost snuggled up with her son in his crib.
According to BuzzFeed News, Cibuls’ husband was at work last week when she put their youngest to bed. It was a normal night until she checked the baby monitor and saw the creepy face next to her own child. “At first I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me,” Cibuls, a stay-at-home mom of two, told BuzzFeed News. “I tried to ignore but it was really starting to creep me out.”
Looking for a “logical explanation,” Cibuls texted the picture to her mom, sister, and husband, who suggested the shape might just be drool. Afraid but too anxious to leave it alone, Cibuls went to carefully without waking her son. She couldn’t feel anything out of the ordinary in his crib. She then posted the picture in a mom’s Facebook group, asking if they could see the baby, too, and tried to go to sleep.
By the morning, the post had exploded; she definitely wasn’t the only one who could see the apparent ghost baby. Emboldened by the light of day, Cibuls returned to the potentially haunted scene in search of answers. She said the explanation was “so obvious” once she opened the blinds. Her husband had forgotten to put the mattress topper back on. “I pulled down the sheet and see this giant baby face looking up at me,” she said.
So last night I was positive there was a ghost baby in the bed with my son. I was so freaked out, I barely slept. I even...Posted by Maritza Elizabeth on Friday, October 18, 2019
Cibuls decided to share the spooky joy of ghost baby with the world, posting the night and day pictures of the crib publicly. It’s since been shared over 300,000 times, with many people leaving comments that if that had happened in their home, there would have been no sleep at all.
- Protesters sing ‘Baby Shark’ to soothe frightened toddler
- Video shows moment coach disarmed student of shotgun, then hugged him
- People are grossed out by cow insemination-themed pregnancy announcement
H/T BuzzFeed News
Alex Dalbey is a writer and zinester currently living in Saint Paul, Minnesota. They have written for The Daily Dot, Kill Screen, The Lingerie Addict, and Bullet Points.