- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets canceled over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Saturday 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Saturday 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
What if your face got a visit from magical forest spirits?
If you’ve been in love with Totoro for as long as we have, you probably have some mark of the magical forest spirit in your life.
Now an artist competing in the Nyx Face Awards 2016 just gave us a new way to celebrate Studio Ghibli‘s famed creature in a very creative form.
Created by Irish makeup artist pompberry, the stop-motion footage took a total of 60 hours to create and record. The theme for this year’s Nyx awards is anime, which as you can imagine is already leading to some very creative entries. If you like what you see, you can vote for pompberry on the Nyx Awards website. While you’re there, you can marvel at some of the other entries. Looks like it’s going to be a tight race! A few other standouts:
Ryuk from Death Note
Colossal Titan from Attack on Titan
Cyborg from Ghost in the Shell
Alucard from Hellsing
Cotton Candy Princess
Colette Bennett is a writer and editor who specializes in geek culture, beauty products, and Amazon deals. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She's also given talks on working in news for CNN's Leadership Unplugged program. Bennett also runs popular Korean beauty blog Chok Chok Beauty and regularly slathers her face in snail slime.