- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is teaching Congress members how to tweet 2 Years Ago
- Congressmen held genetics meeting with Chuck Johnson, despite his past racist claims about genetics 2 Years Ago
- Female bodyguard thriller ‘Close’ is disappointingly un-thrilling Today 2:01 PM
- Twitter faces backlash for insensitive ‘triggers’ joke Today 1:13 PM
- 10 user-recommended sites for live tarot readings that are almost too good to be true Today 12:08 PM
- AsapSCIENCE comes for Jake Paul over Mystery Brand scam Today 11:34 AM
- Why ‘I never thought of it like that’ can actually be deeply offensive Today 11:26 AM
- Save 40% on the Fire TV Stick 4K when you rent textbooks through Amazon Today 11:05 AM
- Netflix reportedly used real disaster footage in ‘Bird Box’ Today 10:53 AM
- Holocaust denier Chuck Johnson spotted with 2 congressmen in Capitol Today 10:30 AM
- YouTuber who made popular Darth Vader fan film prevails in copyright fight Today 10:09 AM
- Mariah Carey says she ‘doesn’t acknowledge time’ in her 10-year challenge photos Today 10:06 AM
- Beto O’Rourke under fire for supporting controversial Thin Blue Line Act Today 9:26 AM
- These surreal ‘logo misuse’ sections are hilarious, and they’re going viral Today 9:20 AM
- Senators lose their sh*t over Cardi B shutdown Instagram Today 8:45 AM
Get your tickets now!
Last month, Fathom Events and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment announced a special one-night screening of Batman: The Killing Joke—the R-rated, animated adaptation of a controversial Batman graphic novel that’s reuniting voice actors Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy.
Thanks to popular demand, The Killing Joke will screen in theaters for a second night, before being released on Blu-ray and DVD. Fathom Events announced the additional screenings this week with showtimes to choose from on July 25 and 26.
“Due to unprecedented demand, a second date and two additional show times have been added,” Fathom Events said on its event page. “Participating locations for July 26 are limited and ticketing is being set up continuously so click on the orange ‘Buy Tickets’ button to purchase today. If online ticketing is not available for your location, please check back often or visit the local movie theater box office.”
Prior to the expansion, Fathom Events had already reported unprecedented interest for the special screening. According to Variety, it booked 1,075 theaters for the July 25 screenings, and it’s unclear how many of those theaters will also offer July 26 screenings. Fathom Events suggests checking back online often or visiting your local movie theater if online ticketing is unavailable. Alamo Drafthouse theaters are also hosting screenings of the film.
The movie will have an introduction from Hamill, a documentary about how he was cast as the Joker, and a behind-the-scenes featurette on his “memorable, but disturbing” dance number in the movie.
After the screenings, The Killing Joke will be available digitally July 26 and on Blu-Ray and DVD Aug. 2.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.