- Indie game publisher announces Playdate, a console with a hand crank Wednesday 8:18 PM
- How to get The Sims 4 for free Wednesday 7:45 PM
- Trump’s Rose Garden podium sign is the perfect meme canvas Wednesday 7:34 PM
- Forest Whitaker to produce adaptation of novel ‘Hello, Universe’ for Netflix Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Baltimore still refuses to pay hackers who hit city with ransomware Wednesday 5:34 PM
- Net neutrality advocates slam ‘extremely troubling’ letter circulating among some House Dems Wednesday 4:52 PM
- Moms and grandmas are infiltrating TikTok Wednesday 4:35 PM
- Did Britain’s head Brexiter hide in a bus to avoid getting hit by a milkshake? Wednesday 4:26 PM
- This woman who thought she saw a handmaid about to jump from a building is very relieved Wednesday 4:18 PM
- Michael Avenatti allegedly defrauded Stormy Daniels to pay for a Ferrari Wednesday 3:53 PM
- HBO has no plans for an Arya Stark spinoff series Wednesday 3:28 PM
- Republicans and Democrats agree on dangers of facial recognition tech Wednesday 3:18 PM
- Amazon is using video games and ‘swag bucks’ to incentivize workers Wednesday 3:04 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in June Wednesday 2:46 PM
- This Michael Jackson makeup meme is sweeping TikTok Wednesday 2:45 PM
This Youtuber’s adaptation of Overwatch is totally worth watching
The video, which the creator says took months to complete, was a near instant hit when it dropped Monday on YouTube.
Even the YouTube commenters, usually notorious for their reckless abandon regarding basic human decency, are thrilled about this reinterpretation of a modern game in a classic style.
Not only that, but there seems to be a genuine interest out there for an old school, Final Fantasy-style adaptation of the popular shooting game.
Considering the way the creators of Overwatch set up the lore in the game—with complex characters explained through animated shorts between five and 10 minutes in length—it seems like it would fit nicely into the style of old-school RPGs. For those who grew up playing similar games, the idea of a contemporary take on the old-school gameplay is enticing.
The chances that Blizzard will actually make a game like the one The Salt Factory imagined are extremely slim, but if they did, we’d sure as heck play it.
H/T The Verge
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.