- These cat purses have everything you need (including balls) 2 Years Ago
- Smooth dude gets girl’s number with a ‘choose your own adventure’ RPG on Tinder 2 Years Ago
- Beto O’Rourke reportedly pranked his wife with a ‘verdant turd’ 2 Years Ago
- The Disney-Fox deal is finalized 2 Years Ago
- Beto likes to stand on counters—and there are memes to prove it Today 10:47 AM
- House promises April vote on bill to restore net neutrality rules Today 9:58 AM
- Here’s how many YouTube subscribers Shane Dawson lost for his old bestiality joke Today 9:26 AM
- Drag queen spreads joy to toddler, world with ‘Baby Shark’ performance Today 9:21 AM
- How many ‘chuggas’ should come before choo choo? Today 9:10 AM
- Cory Booker’s weirdly sensual relationship with coffee resurfaces Today 8:31 AM
- Everything you need to know about gaming chat client Discord Today 8:00 AM
- Report: Your Facebook feed is still ripe with fake news Today 7:42 AM
- The 10 best movies based on true stories on Hulu Today 7:00 AM
- Prager University is fighting ‘leftist indoctrination’ on college campuses Today 7:00 AM
- Can ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3’ recover from its disastrous drama? Today 6:00 AM
This Youtuber’s adaptation of Overwatch is totally worth watching
The video, which the creator says took months to complete, was a near instant hit when it dropped Monday on YouTube.
Even the YouTube commenters, usually notorious for their reckless abandon regarding basic human decency, are thrilled about this reinterpretation of a modern game in a classic style.
Not only that, but there seems to be a genuine interest out there for an old school, Final Fantasy-style adaptation of the popular shooting game.
Considering the way the creators of Overwatch set up the lore in the game—with complex characters explained through animated shorts between five and 10 minutes in length—it seems like it would fit nicely into the style of old-school RPGs. For those who grew up playing similar games, the idea of a contemporary take on the old-school gameplay is enticing.
The chances that Blizzard will actually make a game like the one The Salt Factory imagined are extremely slim, but if they did, we’d sure as heck play it.
H/T The Verge
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.