- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
Brie Larson and ScarJo rocked Infinity Gauntlet jewelry, while an A-list star inspired rumors of a surprise cameo.
While Marvel is keeping a tight lid on Avengers: Endgame spoilers, last night’s premiere gave fans plenty to talk about. The film’s all-star cast turned out to celebrate the biggest superhero franchise of all time, kicking off with what may be Robert Downey Jr.’s final Tony Stark entrance to the red (actually purple) carpet. It was an emotional night for many, with Chris Evans admitting that he cried “like six times.”
Our spoiler-free review will arrive soon, but in the meantime, here are the top three things we spotted at the Endgame premiere—including one genuinely surprising guest.
1) Brie Larson and Scarlett Johansson wore Infinity Gauntlet jewelry
Brie Larson and Scarlett Johansson are both known for choosing great red carpet looks, and this time the attention went to their accessories. Both actors wore variants of the Infinity Gauntlet, with Larson wearing rings and a bracelet while Johansson selected a more complicated arrangement with chains connecting to the orange Soul Stone.
— Lights, Camera, Pod (@LightsCameraPod) April 23, 2019
thanos found dead in a ditch pic.twitter.com/uVIRYcHPGf
— becca (@timischalamet) April 23, 2019
Incidentally, if you want some Infinity Gauntlet jewelry of your own, you can totally get a cheaper version on Etsy.
2) Vin Diesel basically cosplayed as Groot
Vin Diesel‘s Marvel career consists of saying the same three words over and over again, but he sure makes the most of it. He seems to seriously enjoy playing Groot, and after showing up to previous premieres on stilts and wearing a twig-covered jacket, he really outdid himself with this outfit:
— The Avengers (@Avengers) April 23, 2019
3) Natalie Portman was there
Most of the big names on the purple carpet were either Endgame stars or, in the case of Luke Hemsworth and Miley Cyrus, closely related to Endgame stars. Natalie Portman, however, was a surprise arrival. She’s one of the few actors to quit the MCU early, departing the Thor franchise after just two movies. Does her unexpected appearance mean she has a cameo in Endgame? Or will she even return for another Thor movie? Perhaps unsurprisingly, her IMDb page doesn’t list her as an Endgame participant.
Portman doesn’t seem like the kind of person to show up to a three-hour superhero movie just for funsies, so this could be a sign that she’s returning to the franchise. If so, here’s hoping they go the comic book route of Jane Foster becoming the new Thor.
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ directors urge fans not to spoil the ending
- This ‘Infinity War’ meme is the most ambitious crossover of all time
- Robert Downey Jr. says ‘Endgame’ finale is ‘best 8 minutes’ of any MCU film
Want more reviews and interviews from Gavia Baker-Whitelaw? Sign up here to receive her biweekly geek culture newsletter.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor