- Fans speculate wildly about Naomi Watts’ ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel role after leaked set photo 3 Months Ago
- New Jersey congressman joins House Democrats ‘Squad’ because of an Onion article 3 Months Ago
- Twitter begins rolling out new desktop redesign, and users aren’t happy Today 1:54 PM
- Man asks his girlfriend to ‘unlove’ her ex—and people do not agree with him Today 1:37 PM
- Relive a forgotten gem with the TurboGrafx-16 Mini console Today 1:09 PM
- Judge says Daily Stormer founder must pay $14 million for harassing Jewish realtor Today 1:01 PM
- Graphic depiction of suicide cut from Netflix’s ’13 Reasons Why’ Today 12:55 PM
- Streaming titles seize 2019 Emmy nominations Today 12:19 PM
- ‘Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster, Frankenstein’ tries to find humor in bad actors Today 12:02 PM
- Democratic senator calls Facebook ‘dangerous’ during Libra cryptocurrency hearing Today 11:57 AM
- How ‘Kyle’ became synonymous with angry, Monster Energy-chugging white boys Today 11:22 AM
- Nearly impossible ‘Super Mario Maker 2’ level inspires memes Today 11:16 AM
- Madonna faces backlash for posting photos of her Black daughters with watermelon Today 10:44 AM
- Biden wants to challenge Trump to a push-up contest Today 10:00 AM
- Trump continues to tweet as House gears up to condemn his racist tweets Today 9:21 AM
Brie Larson and ScarJo rocked Infinity Gauntlet jewelry, while an A-list star inspired rumors of a surprise cameo.
While Marvel is keeping a tight lid on Avengers: Endgame spoilers, last night’s premiere gave fans plenty to talk about. The film’s all-star cast turned out to celebrate the biggest superhero franchise of all time, kicking off with what may be Robert Downey Jr.’s final Tony Stark entrance to the red (actually purple) carpet. It was an emotional night for many, with Chris Evans admitting that he cried “like six times.”
Our spoiler-free review will arrive soon, but in the meantime, here are the top three things we spotted at the Endgame premiere—including one genuinely surprising guest.
1) Brie Larson and Scarlett Johansson wore Infinity Gauntlet jewelry
Brie Larson and Scarlett Johansson are both known for choosing great red carpet looks, and this time the attention went to their accessories. Both actors wore variants of the Infinity Gauntlet, with Larson wearing rings and a bracelet while Johansson selected a more complicated arrangement with chains connecting to the orange Soul Stone.
thanos found dead in a ditch pic.twitter.com/uVIRYcHPGf— becca (@timischalamet) April 23, 2019
Incidentally, if you want some Infinity Gauntlet jewelry of your own, you can totally get a cheaper version on Etsy.
2) Vin Diesel basically cosplayed as Groot
Vin Diesel‘s Marvel career consists of saying the same three words over and over again, but he sure makes the most of it. He seems to seriously enjoy playing Groot, and after showing up to previous premieres on stilts and wearing a twig-covered jacket, he really outdid himself with this outfit:
3) Natalie Portman was there
Most of the big names on the purple carpet were either Endgame stars or, in the case of Luke Hemsworth and Miley Cyrus, closely related to Endgame stars. Natalie Portman, however, was a surprise arrival. She’s one of the few actors to quit the MCU early, departing the Thor franchise after just two movies. Does her unexpected appearance mean she has a cameo in Endgame? Or will she even return for another Thor movie? Perhaps unsurprisingly, her IMDb page doesn’t list her as an Endgame participant.
Portman doesn’t seem like the kind of person to show up to a three-hour superhero movie just for funsies, so this could be a sign that she’s returning to the franchise. If so, here’s hoping they go the comic book route of Jane Foster becoming the new Thor.
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ directors urge fans not to spoil the ending
- This ‘Infinity War’ meme is the most ambitious crossover of all time
- Robert Downey Jr. says ‘Endgame’ finale is ‘best 8 minutes’ of any MCU film
Want more reviews and interviews from Gavia Baker-Whitelaw? Sign up here to receive her biweekly geek culture newsletter.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor