- Indie game publisher announces Playdate, a console with a hand crank Wednesday 8:18 PM
- How to get The Sims 4 for free Wednesday 7:45 PM
- Trump’s Rose Garden podium sign is the perfect meme canvas Wednesday 7:34 PM
- Forest Whitaker to produce adaptation of novel ‘Hello, Universe’ for Netflix Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Baltimore still refuses to pay hackers who hit city with ransomware Wednesday 5:34 PM
- Net neutrality advocates slam ‘extremely troubling’ letter circulating among some House Dems Wednesday 4:52 PM
- Moms and grandmas are infiltrating TikTok Wednesday 4:35 PM
- Did Britain’s head Brexiter hide in a bus to avoid getting hit by a milkshake? Wednesday 4:26 PM
- This woman who thought she saw a handmaid about to jump from a building is very relieved Wednesday 4:18 PM
- Michael Avenatti allegedly defrauded Stormy Daniels to pay for a Ferrari Wednesday 3:53 PM
- HBO has no plans for an Arya Stark spinoff series Wednesday 3:28 PM
- Republicans and Democrats agree on dangers of facial recognition tech Wednesday 3:18 PM
- Amazon is using video games and ‘swag bucks’ to incentivize workers Wednesday 3:04 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in June Wednesday 2:46 PM
- This Michael Jackson makeup meme is sweeping TikTok Wednesday 2:45 PM
Robert Downey Jr. says ‘Endgame’ finale is ‘best 8 minutes’ of any MCU film
Robert Downey Jr., who plays Iron Man, is the only Avenger confirmed to have read the full script for Avengers: Endgame, according to BGR. And, according to Downey Jr., the last eight minutes of the Endgame beat out any Marvel Cinematic Universe film.
“The last eight minutes of that movie are maybe the best eight minutes of the entire history of the whole run of them in a way because everyone’s involved,” Downey Jr. told the Upcoming. “So I was delighted.”
The film’s directors, the Russo brothers, said Chris Evans (Captain America) may have also read the script. All of the other Avengers were only given their respective parts.
“Part of our motivation to do that is it just takes a lot of pressure off of people,” Joe Russo told Rotten Tomatoes. “There are more secrets in Endgame than there are in Infinity War.”
The Russo brothers were probably right to limit what the actors knew about the film. BGR pointed out that Downey Jr. may have spilled one of the film’s secrets when he said “everyone’s involved” in the finale, meaning all the superheroes who perished in Thanos’ snap could be resurrected.
You can see for yourself when Avengers: Endgame premieres on April 26.
- A chunk of ‘Avengers: Endgame’ just leaked online—and spoilers are everywhere
- This Avengers toy seems to have given away a huge ‘Endgame’ spoiler
- New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ posters reveal the fates of several Marvel characters
Eilish O'Sullivan is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and government at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.