- A police union is urging its officers to post ‘The Punisher’ logo Monday 7:33 PM
- Redditors call for a Nestlé boycott through memes Monday 6:16 PM
- How a 10-second Disney jingle became a meme in Thailand Monday 4:48 PM
- Instagram users share photos showing gruesome killing of 17-year-old Bianca Devins Monday 4:33 PM
- The horror game banned for mocking China’s president probably isn’t coming back Monday 3:31 PM
- Cheap vibrators, condoms, and lube: The most satisfying Amazon Prime Day deals Monday 3:07 PM
- George R.R. Martin says fan backlash won’t affect his ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 3:03 PM
- The very finest Area 51 memes Monday 2:52 PM
- Tweet map ranks states where people are boycotting Amazon Prime Day Monday 1:54 PM
- Lil Nas X says he will perform at Area 51 for free Monday 12:56 PM
- The best Prime Day deals for gamers Monday 12:53 PM
- How Republicans are dancing around Trump’s racist tweets Monday 12:42 PM
- Not even anti-immigrant groups are defending Trump’s ‘go back’ tweets Monday 12:37 PM
- Netflix’s latest chase thriller ‘Point Blank’ lacks electricity Monday 12:27 PM
- Jay Inslee floats Megan Rapinoe as his secretary of state pick Monday 11:33 AM
Former Trump adviser shares meme of president wearing swastika, spacesuit
He said he was ‘proud’ to be among those in the meme.
Roger Stone, the former adviser to President Donald Trump, shared a meme on Monday that features him alongside other right-wing political figures and media personalities wearing made up Space Force uniforms that have swastikas on them.
Stone has since removed the Instagram.
The meme features Trump, Rudy Giuliani, Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Vice President Mike Pence, and Fox News pundit Sean Hannity wearing orange astronaut uniforms with swastika logos on them. The swastikas have a small rocket coming off one of the sides.
Underneath it, the picture is captioned “In space, no one can hear you lie…,” a riff on the popular tagline for the Alien movies, saying Trump and Co. couldn’t hide their white supremacist leanings.
“I love this – proud to be in this crew – but the only lies being told are by liberal scumbags #maga #republican #infowars,” Stone wrote on Instagram when he shared the photo.
In June the president began the process of creating a United States Space Force, which would become the sixth branch of the armed forces.
Last week Trump’s reelection PAC sent out an email asking followers to vote on a logo for the new force that would be used on a “new line of gear” to be sold to help the campaign.
The Trump PAC logos didn’t feature the swastika’s that Stone was evidently “proud” to share.
- Mike Pence’s Space Force announcement gets the intergalactic meme treatment
- Would Pence side with God or America if Trump’s Space Force invaded Heaven?
- Roger Stone’s ‘grandson’ launches GoFundMe to pay off legal fees
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).