- Indie game publisher announces Playdate, a console with a hand crank Wednesday 8:18 PM
- How to get The Sims 4 for free Wednesday 7:45 PM
- Trump’s Rose Garden podium sign is the perfect meme canvas Wednesday 7:34 PM
- Forest Whitaker to produce adaptation of novel ‘Hello, Universe’ for Netflix Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Baltimore still refuses to pay hackers who hit city with ransomware Wednesday 5:34 PM
- Net neutrality advocates slam ‘extremely troubling’ letter circulating among some House Dems Wednesday 4:52 PM
- Moms and grandmas are infiltrating TikTok Wednesday 4:35 PM
- Did Britain’s head Brexiter hide in a bus to avoid getting hit by a milkshake? Wednesday 4:26 PM
- This woman who thought she saw a handmaid about to jump from a building is very relieved Wednesday 4:18 PM
- Michael Avenatti allegedly defrauded Stormy Daniels to pay for a Ferrari Wednesday 3:53 PM
- HBO has no plans for an Arya Stark spinoff series Wednesday 3:28 PM
- Republicans and Democrats agree on dangers of facial recognition tech Wednesday 3:18 PM
- Amazon is using video games and ‘swag bucks’ to incentivize workers Wednesday 3:04 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in June Wednesday 2:46 PM
- This Michael Jackson makeup meme is sweeping TikTok Wednesday 2:45 PM
Former Trump adviser shares meme of president wearing swastika, spacesuit
He said he was ‘proud’ to be among those in the meme.
Roger Stone, the former adviser to President Donald Trump, shared a meme on Monday that features him alongside other right-wing political figures and media personalities wearing made up Space Force uniforms that have swastikas on them.
Stone has since removed the Instagram.
The meme features Trump, Rudy Giuliani, Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Vice President Mike Pence, and Fox News pundit Sean Hannity wearing orange astronaut uniforms with swastika logos on them. The swastikas have a small rocket coming off one of the sides.
Underneath it, the picture is captioned “In space, no one can hear you lie…,” a riff on the popular tagline for the Alien movies, saying Trump and Co. couldn’t hide their white supremacist leanings.
“I love this – proud to be in this crew – but the only lies being told are by liberal scumbags #maga #republican #infowars,” Stone wrote on Instagram when he shared the photo.
In June the president began the process of creating a United States Space Force, which would become the sixth branch of the armed forces.
Last week Trump’s reelection PAC sent out an email asking followers to vote on a logo for the new force that would be used on a “new line of gear” to be sold to help the campaign.
The Trump PAC logos didn’t feature the swastika’s that Stone was evidently “proud” to share.
- Mike Pence’s Space Force announcement gets the intergalactic meme treatment
- Would Pence side with God or America if Trump’s Space Force invaded Heaven?
- Roger Stone’s ‘grandson’ launches GoFundMe to pay off legal fees
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).