- How to watch Levante vs. Barcelona online for free 9 Months Ago
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Manchester United online for free 9 Months Ago
- The best couch co-op video games for couples 9 Months Ago
- Pete Davidson is OK and at work following alarming Instagram post Saturday 7:26 PM
- Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker doesn’t know how to use a Venn diagram Saturday 5:38 PM
- This college student made a movie trailer to tease her boyfriend, and Twitter can’t get enough (updated) Saturday 3:13 PM
- ‘Kappa Delta Crypto’ aims to break stereotypes in five-minute Snapchat episodes Saturday 2:29 PM
- Two iPhone X customers are suing Apple over screen size Saturday 1:18 PM
- Secretary Ryan Zinke is out at the Department of the Interior Saturday 12:03 PM
- How to watch the New Orleans Bowl online for free Saturday 10:25 AM
- Prada’s racist toys pulled from shelves after social media backlash (updated) Saturday 10:22 AM
- How to watch the Camellia Bowl online for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- How to watch the Las Vegas Bowl online for free Saturday 8:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Rayo Vallecano online for free Saturday 7:30 AM
- ‘Runaways’ season 2 expands its universe and mysteries Saturday 7:30 AM
Trump wants the U.S. military to have a ‘space force’
Move over, Air Force. President Donald Trump wants a ‘space force.’
In a speech to personnel at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar in San Diego on Tuesday, Trump suggested a new military branch that would, presumably, go to infinity and beyond.
“My new national strategy for space recognizes that space is a war-fighting domain, just like the land, air and sea,” said Trump. “We may even have a ‘space force’—develop another one—space force. We have the Air Force. We’ll have the space force. We have the Army, the Navy.”
He failed to mention the Coast Guard or the Marines.
“I said ‘maybe we need a new force. We’ll call it the space force.’ Not really serious,” he said, reportedly to mixed laughter. “And then I said ‘What a great idea. Maybe we’ll have to do that.’ That could happen.”
According to Gizmodo, despite Trump taking full credit for the suggestion, military leaders last year said space is the next war frontier (as they were requesting funding).
After Trump renewed the “space force” proposal, Twitter completely roasted him.
dude……space force pic.twitter.com/7jCwPPJvdW
— Mike Miller (@OtherMikeMiller) March 13, 2018
Actual footage of tRump ispecting his new "Space Force": pic.twitter.com/AVG5d8w6LU
— 🌊✊❄Gerald❄🖖🌊 #VetsResistSquadron (@Langkard) March 13, 2018
And this guy will lead the Space Force. pic.twitter.com/VyiXIfPplu
— RPro (@rickpro13) March 13, 2018
enlisting for the space force pic.twitter.com/FNan1EpQtV
— Josh Billinson (@jbillinson) March 13, 2018
— Dennis (@Reign_86_) March 13, 2018
Space Force preparing for their first space battle. pic.twitter.com/QReQ5w3OEj
— whatapityonyou (@Whatapityonyou) March 13, 2018
this is my friend, he died fighting with the space force, please retweet to show respect to the troops and honor his memory pic.twitter.com/WKjOfbnVDC
— 💰TRILLIONAIRE💰 (@maltyhops) March 13, 2018
I laugh at your puny “Space Force”
— Sweet Meteor O'Death (@smod4real) March 13, 2018
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.