- Buttigieg, Klobuchar come together to laugh at Bloomberg Wednesday 10:29 PM
- Bernie Sanders calls Bloomberg’s wealth ‘grotesque’ to his face Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Angry Bloomberg asks debate moderators if he’s ‘chicken liver’ Wednesday 9:29 PM
- Elizabeth Warren savages everyone else’s healthcare plan Wednesday 9:07 PM
- K-Pop stans help push ‘Pooping for Kaitlin’ hashtag mocking Kent State gun girl Wednesday 8:54 PM
- Fans speculate after learning Pop Smoke posted address prior to fatal home invasion Wednesday 8:11 PM
- Jar of human tongues found in Florida has people shook Wednesday 6:39 PM
- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
- ‘No one has the range’ for this meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Mom confronts man who followed daughter through grocery store in viral video Wednesday 5:05 PM
- Major study linking vaping to heart attacks gets retracted Wednesday 4:36 PM
- George Zimmerman is suing Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren Wednesday 2:55 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Horse Girl’ accused of ripping off 2017 indie film Wednesday 2:52 PM
- The Genyus Network is a safe social space for stroke survivors Wednesday 2:20 PM
- MAGA hat-wearing dog finishes last in ‘Today Show’ fan vote—still named winner Wednesday 2:03 PM
Move over, Air Force. President Donald Trump wants a ‘space force.’
In a speech to personnel at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar in San Diego on Tuesday, Trump suggested a new military branch that would, presumably, go to infinity and beyond.
“My new national strategy for space recognizes that space is a war-fighting domain, just like the land, air and sea,” said Trump. “We may even have a ‘space force’—develop another one—space force. We have the Air Force. We’ll have the space force. We have the Army, the Navy.”
He failed to mention the Coast Guard or the Marines.
“I said ‘maybe we need a new force. We’ll call it the space force.’ Not really serious,” he said, reportedly to mixed laughter. “And then I said ‘What a great idea. Maybe we’ll have to do that.’ That could happen.”
According to Gizmodo, despite Trump taking full credit for the suggestion, military leaders last year said space is the next war frontier (as they were requesting funding).
After Trump renewed the “space force” proposal, Twitter completely roasted him.
dude......space force pic.twitter.com/7jCwPPJvdW— Mike Miller (@OtherMikeMiller) March 13, 2018
Actual footage of tRump ispecting his new "Space Force": pic.twitter.com/AVG5d8w6LU— 🌊✊❄Gerald❄🖖🌊 #VetsResistSquadron (@Langkard) March 13, 2018
And this guy will lead the Space Force. pic.twitter.com/VyiXIfPplu— RPro (@rickpro13) March 13, 2018
enlisting for the space force pic.twitter.com/FNan1EpQtV— Josh Billinson (@jbillinson) March 13, 2018
Space Force preparing for their first space battle. pic.twitter.com/QReQ5w3OEj— whatapityonyou (@Whatapityonyou) March 13, 2018
I laugh at your puny “Space Force”— Sweet Meteor O'Death (@smod4real) March 13, 2018
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.