- John Mulaney rails on e-scooters after ‘baby boomer’ nearly hits his dog 2 Years Ago
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Newcastle 2 Years Ago
- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Valencia 2 Years Ago
- ‘Bully. Coward. Victim.’ dives deep into the life of an ‘evil’ man 2 Years Ago
- Paul Rudd acts his tail off in Netflix’s ‘Living With Yourself’ Today 8:15 AM
- Amazon’s ‘Modern Love’ adaptation feels like an ad for love Today 7:00 AM
- Paul Dano will play the Riddler in ‘The Batman’ Today 6:59 AM
- How Fakku pulled classic dating game True Love ’95 out of licensing hell Today 6:00 AM
- This Twitter account is parodying Amazon customer service Thursday 8:52 PM
- How to live stream Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs. Artur Beterbiev Thursday 7:00 PM
- Shaggy says an online scammer is impersonating him Thursday 6:53 PM
- IRL Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse available to rent on Airbnb Thursday 6:16 PM
- Men’s Humor trolled for unknowingly tweeting Grindr conversation Thursday 5:29 PM
- How to stream Dominick Reyes vs. Chris Weidman Thursday 5:00 PM
- Jennifer Aniston had a finsta before officially joining Instagram Thursday 4:35 PM
Move over, Air Force. President Donald Trump wants a ‘space force.’
In a speech to personnel at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar in San Diego on Tuesday, Trump suggested a new military branch that would, presumably, go to infinity and beyond.
“My new national strategy for space recognizes that space is a war-fighting domain, just like the land, air and sea,” said Trump. “We may even have a ‘space force’—develop another one—space force. We have the Air Force. We’ll have the space force. We have the Army, the Navy.”
He failed to mention the Coast Guard or the Marines.
“I said ‘maybe we need a new force. We’ll call it the space force.’ Not really serious,” he said, reportedly to mixed laughter. “And then I said ‘What a great idea. Maybe we’ll have to do that.’ That could happen.”
According to Gizmodo, despite Trump taking full credit for the suggestion, military leaders last year said space is the next war frontier (as they were requesting funding).
After Trump renewed the “space force” proposal, Twitter completely roasted him.
dude......space force pic.twitter.com/7jCwPPJvdW— Mike Miller (@OtherMikeMiller) March 13, 2018
Actual footage of tRump ispecting his new "Space Force": pic.twitter.com/AVG5d8w6LU— 🌊✊❄Gerald❄🖖🌊 #VetsResistSquadron (@Langkard) March 13, 2018
And this guy will lead the Space Force. pic.twitter.com/VyiXIfPplu— RPro (@rickpro13) March 13, 2018
enlisting for the space force pic.twitter.com/FNan1EpQtV— Josh Billinson (@jbillinson) March 13, 2018
Space Force preparing for their first space battle. pic.twitter.com/QReQ5w3OEj— whatapityonyou (@Whatapityonyou) March 13, 2018
I laugh at your puny “Space Force”— Sweet Meteor O'Death (@smod4real) March 13, 2018
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.