- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
- Woman caught her boyfriend cheating through his Fitbit Thursday 4:29 PM
- The Pete Buttigieg ‘High Hopes’ dance was designed by an intern Thursday 4:17 PM
- TikTok admits to hiding content made by fat, LGBTQ, and disabled users Thursday 3:58 PM
- ‘Merry Happy Whatever’ is an unoriginal sitcom with plenty of holiday cheer Thursday 3:55 PM
- The ‘Pod Save America’ Bros are losing it over Joe Biden’s newest ad Thursday 3:28 PM
- Van Halen had a wholesome response in defense of Billie Eilish Thursday 3:15 PM
- Influencer faces wrath of K-pop fans after her son played with penis-shaped soap Thursday 1:27 PM
Longtime Republican operative Roger Stone, a confidant of President Donald Trump, was convicted Friday in federal court for committing perjury before Congress and tampering with witnesses.
Stone becomes the second high-profile member of Trump’s 2016 campaign to be convicted as part of Robert Mueller’s investigation into the election. Trump’s campaign manager, Paul Manafort, was convicted on money laundering charges.
In response to Stone’s conviction, President Donald Trump said everyone else should go to jail.
So they now convict Roger Stone of lying and want to jail him for many years to come. Well, what about Crooked Hillary, Comey, Strzok, Page, McCabe, Brennan, Clapper, Shifty Schiff, Ohr & Nellie, Steele & all of the others, including even Mueller himself? Didn’t they lie?....— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 15, 2019
Stone faced seven counts, stemming from his testimony before the House Intelligence Committee, which was also investigating Russian interference in the election. Stone has long-been considered a go-between the Trump campaign and WikiLeaks, which released numerous emails from Hillary Clinton’s campaign.
During the trial, members of Trump’s campaign testified that Stone was their go-between and seemed to have advance knowledge of the WikiLeaks emails, which were stolen by Russia.
Stone was also convicted for threatening a witness, Randy Credico, to back up the version of events he told Congress.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]