- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Today 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Today 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Today 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Today 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Today 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Today 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Today 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Today 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Today 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Today 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Today 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Today 10:34 AM
- Did Martha McSally plan her ‘liberal hack’ viral moment? Today 10:32 AM
- Trump adds Jeffrey Epstein’s old attorney to impeachment team Today 10:03 AM
- YouTube star Cameron Dallas gets scathing reviews for his Broadway debut Today 9:58 AM
Longtime Republican operative Roger Stone, a confidant of President Donald Trump, was convicted Friday in federal court for committing perjury before Congress and tampering with witnesses.
Stone becomes the second high-profile member of Trump’s 2016 campaign to be convicted as part of Robert Mueller’s investigation into the election. Trump’s campaign manager, Paul Manafort, was convicted on money laundering charges.
In response to Stone’s conviction, President Donald Trump said everyone else should go to jail.
So they now convict Roger Stone of lying and want to jail him for many years to come. Well, what about Crooked Hillary, Comey, Strzok, Page, McCabe, Brennan, Clapper, Shifty Schiff, Ohr & Nellie, Steele & all of the others, including even Mueller himself? Didn’t they lie?....— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 15, 2019
Stone faced seven counts, stemming from his testimony before the House Intelligence Committee, which was also investigating Russian interference in the election. Stone has long-been considered a go-between the Trump campaign and WikiLeaks, which released numerous emails from Hillary Clinton’s campaign.
During the trial, members of Trump’s campaign testified that Stone was their go-between and seemed to have advance knowledge of the WikiLeaks emails, which were stolen by Russia.
Stone was also convicted for threatening a witness, Randy Credico, to back up the version of events he told Congress.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]