- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
- Season 2 of ‘The Witcher’ is in production Friday 3:16 PM
- Here are some cringey billboards Bloomberg ran in Arizona Friday 2:51 PM
- PewDiePie returns to YouTube after 37-day hiatus Friday 2:01 PM
- Why was a Republican Party Facebook page co-managed by someone in Turkmenistan? Friday 1:26 PM
- The shorthand guide to ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Friday 1:07 PM
- Congress urges Tinder to screen for sex offenders Friday 1:03 PM
- Video shows 9-year-old threatening suicide after being bullied Friday 12:01 PM
- Ex-Goldman Sachs CEO says he might vote Trump because Sanders is too mean to him Friday 11:40 AM
- Twitch streamer says she was banned for body painting Friday 11:39 AM
With Republicans worried about possibly losing the Georgia Sixth Congressional district to 30-year-old Democrat Jon Ossoff, one right-wing group is trying to tie him together with last week’s horrific shooting of GOP Rep. Steve Scalise.
In an ad released Sunday, titled “Stop The Violent Left,” Principled PAC shows video footage of the aftermath of the Scalise shooting and Kathy Griffin holding the head of Donald Trump while describing the “unhinged left” as “endorsing and applauding shooting Republicans.”
According to Mediaite, the commercial is part of a small five-figure ad buy, and it will run on Fox News on Sunday and Monday.
As for how fringe Principled PAC might be, right-wing commentator Laura Ingraham had this to say on Twitter two months ago.
PAC TROLLS: Tell everyone NOT to give a DIME to the PrincipledPAC run by some guy named Reilly O'Neal, supposedly for my "Senate run"— Laura Ingraham (@IngrahamAngle) April 25, 2017
The latest poll numbers for the race between Ossoff and Republican Karen Handel is too close to call (though Ossoff appears to be leading slightly in most predictions).
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.