- Who is Corn Pop? Here are all the theories about the gang leader from Joe Biden’s past Sunday 4:37 PM
- Fresh sexual misconduct allegations against Kavanaugh spur calls for impeachment Sunday 3:28 PM
- Mike Pence says a triple crown winning racehorse bit him Sunday 12:51 PM
- Disney CEO Bob Iger leaves Apple board amid streaming wars Sunday 12:01 PM
- Influencer Destiny Marquez faces backlash for berating Forever 21 employee Sunday 10:32 AM
- Chelsea Handler tackles system racism in ‘Hello Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea’ Sunday 9:18 AM
- Gun control proposal: Trump, lawmakers considering background check-conducting app Sunday 9:05 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) just became the latest politician to be hit with a milkshake.
Gaetz was leaving a town hall event on Saturday afternoon in Pensacola, Florida when a 25-year-old woman named Amanda Kondrat’yev threw a milkshake at him. A bystander caught the incident on camera.
Matt Gaetz got milkshaked in Pensacola pic.twitter.com/yqz3bPgjw5— jordan (@JordanUhl) June 1, 2019
Gaetz released a statement on Twitter and has been retweeting supportive messages from his followers ever since.
Clearly it takes more than a drink to slow down our great team.— Matt Gaetz (@mattgaetz) June 1, 2019
We are always thankful to the brave law enforcement officials who keep everyone safe at our events. https://t.co/njWuBquiRs
Step 1: give incredible PRO-AMERICA, PRO-PEACE, BRING THEM HOME foreign policy speech— Cliff Maloney (@LibertyCliff) June 2, 2019
Step 2: liberal protesters throw milkshake at you
What is wrong with the American left?
Where are the anti-war champions on the left and why aren’t they PRAISING my congressman @mattgaetz? https://t.co/0RZsZK693f
Kondrat’yev, who is a Democrat, previously ran for Gaetz’s seat in 2016 but lost.
According to WKRG, Kondrat’yev was arrested and charged with battery. She has since been released on $1,000 bond.
Now the movement seems to be spreading to the U.S.
Gaetz first made national headlines after seemingly threatening Michael Cohen before he was set to testify before the House Oversight and Reform Committee. It was then announced that Gaetz is under investigation by the Florida Bar for potential witness tampering.
- Matt Gaetz fears Trump will transition genders if Equality Act passes
- It’s unclear if Rep. Matt Gaetz understands how fishing works
- Matt Gaetz hires speechwriter fired by White House for attending white nationalist event
- Matt Gaetz is the congressman the far-right deserves
H/T Orlando Weekly
Dominic-Madori Davis is a recent graduate of the University of Southern California. She covers the internet, politics, and social issues.