- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Today 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) just became the latest politician to be hit with a milkshake.
Gaetz was leaving a town hall event on Saturday afternoon in Pensacola, Florida when a 25-year-old woman named Amanda Kondrat’yev threw a milkshake at him. A bystander caught the incident on camera.
Matt Gaetz got milkshaked in Pensacola pic.twitter.com/yqz3bPgjw5— jordan (@JordanUhl) June 1, 2019
Gaetz released a statement on Twitter and has been retweeting supportive messages from his followers ever since.
Clearly it takes more than a drink to slow down our great team.— Matt Gaetz (@mattgaetz) June 1, 2019
We are always thankful to the brave law enforcement officials who keep everyone safe at our events. https://t.co/njWuBquiRs
Step 1: give incredible PRO-AMERICA, PRO-PEACE, BRING THEM HOME foreign policy speech— Cliff Maloney (@LibertyCliff) June 2, 2019
Step 2: liberal protesters throw milkshake at you
What is wrong with the American left?
Where are the anti-war champions on the left and why aren’t they PRAISING my congressman @mattgaetz? https://t.co/0RZsZK693f
Kondrat’yev, who is a Democrat, previously ran for Gaetz’s seat in 2016 but lost.
According to WKRG, Kondrat’yev was arrested and charged with battery. She has since been released on $1,000 bond.
Now the movement seems to be spreading to the U.S.
Gaetz first made national headlines after seemingly threatening Michael Cohen before he was set to testify before the House Oversight and Reform Committee. It was then announced that Gaetz is under investigation by the Florida Bar for potential witness tampering.
- Matt Gaetz fears Trump will transition genders if Equality Act passes
- It’s unclear if Rep. Matt Gaetz understands how fishing works
- Matt Gaetz hires speechwriter fired by White House for attending white nationalist event
- Matt Gaetz is the congressman the far-right deserves
H/T Orlando Weekly
Dominic-Madori Davis is a recent graduate of the University of Southern California. She covers the internet, politics, and social issues.