- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
- Trump is concerned America’s toilets too weak Friday 3:53 PM
- Twitter users claim Billie Eilish is ‘over’ because she didn’t like Lady Gaga’s meat dress Friday 2:53 PM
- Nikki Haley says the Confederate flag was fine until Dylann Roof ‘hijacked’ it Friday 2:49 PM
- How emotional labor discourse spawned multiple memes Friday 2:22 PM
- Video of YouTuber Onision threatening ex-girlfriend resurfaces Friday 2:03 PM
- Marianne Williamson embraces anti-vax stance on Facebook Friday 1:58 PM
- Peloton Husband is worried memes will have ‘repercussions’ for his career Friday 1:55 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ stumbles as it returns to a familiar planet Friday 1:47 PM
- The best app controlled Christmas lights for the holidays Friday 1:04 PM
- Go green and save green with solar-powered Christmas lights Friday 1:02 PM
- Bloomberg on diversity in 2020 race: ‘Don’t complain to me’ Friday 12:40 PM
- Midge flaunts the worst side of herself in ‘Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ season 3 Friday 12:17 PM
- Social media companies continue to fail to police fake behavior, study finds Friday 10:44 AM
TikTok is chock-full of fun and creative tools for users to experiment with. The short-form video app recently added a feature that allows users to write on their videos. Here’s how to add text on TikTok.
How to add text on Tiktok
1) First things first: You need some video content to work with. Open the TikTok app and click the + icon to make a new video.
2) The screen that comes up will allow you to choose the length of your video, as well as a variety of other features such as filters and timers. You can choose between 15 and 60 seconds, add sound, set a timer, and more. Hold down the red button to film.
3) Once you’ve filmed your video, press the red check to go to the next screen.
4) Click the Text button on the lower left corner.
5) Add text to your TikTok. You will have the option to change the text color, font, and alignment.
6) You can also highlight text if want to.
7) If you need to delete text, click the text and then click the X icon in the top left corner of the text box. When you’re done editing, click Next.
8) Now you can add a description and hashtags as well as tag people. You can also decide where you want to share your video. Finally, click Post when you’re ready to share.
Need more help? We have plenty of tech guides to choose from. Here’s our beginner’s guide to the best Snapchat hacks, tips, tricks, and secret functions. We can also help you post longer videos to Instagram, recover deleted messages on Facebook Messenger, how to leave a group text message once and for all, discover the best apps for shooting and editing selfies, and recover all your awesome Myspace photos.
Katie Balevic is an editorial intern at the Daily Dot where she enjoys covering social justice issues and politics. Her previous work has appeared in the Daily Texan, the Victoria Advocate, and the Houston Defender.