- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ 7 Months Ago
- New York Times endorses Klobarren for president Today 8:45 AM
- 6 gift cards that make for the most thoughtful Valentine’s Day gift ideas Today 8:16 AM
- Studio Ghibli films are coming to Netflix—but not for Americans Today 8:13 AM
- Brad Pitt clutching Jennifer Aniston’s hand sparks all the rumors Today 7:47 AM
- The man who sold shares of himself on the internet Today 7:00 AM
- The rise of the conservative ‘mancast’ in a world of changing masculinity Today 6:00 AM
- Amazon’s ‘Troop Zero’ gives the underdog movie a stylized re-do Today 4:20 AM
- No, the first words of Trump’s tweets don’t match up to lyrics of ‘Break My Stride’ Sunday 10:28 PM
- White woman demanding strangers ‘repent’ for Christ sparks conversation on mental illness and racism Sunday 9:27 PM
- Amtrak employee asked a NAACP lawyer to move from her train seat Sunday 7:54 PM
- Billie Eilish fans riot after being referred to as ‘Avocados’ Sunday 4:37 PM
- Beyhive coming for Sainsbury’s supermarket over Ivy Park shade Sunday 3:17 PM
- Antique store blasted for selling ‘white only’ signs Sunday 1:45 PM
- DaBaby explains altercation with hotel employee after video goes viral Sunday 12:32 PM
TikTok is chock-full of fun and creative tools for users to experiment with. The short-form video app recently added a feature that allows users to write on their videos. Here’s how to add text on TikTok.
How to add text on Tiktok
1) First things first: You need some video content to work with. Open the TikTok app and click the + icon to make a new video.
2) The screen that comes up will allow you to choose the length of your video, as well as a variety of other features such as filters and timers. You can choose between 15 and 60 seconds, add sound, set a timer, and more. Hold down the red button to film.
3) Once you’ve filmed your video, press the red check to go to the next screen.
4) Click the Text button on the lower left corner.
5) Add text to your TikTok. You will have the option to change the text color, font, and alignment.
6) You can also highlight text if want to.
7) If you need to delete text, click the text and then click the X icon in the top left corner of the text box. When you’re done editing, click Next.
8) Now you can add a description and hashtags as well as tag people. You can also decide where you want to share your video. Finally, click Post when you’re ready to share.
Need more help? We have plenty of tech guides to choose from. Here’s our beginner’s guide to the best Snapchat hacks, tips, tricks, and secret functions. We can also help you post longer videos to Instagram, recover deleted messages on Facebook Messenger, how to leave a group text message once and for all, discover the best apps for shooting and editing selfies, and recover all your awesome Myspace photos.
Katie Balevic is an editorial intern at the Daily Dot where she enjoys covering social justice issues and politics. Her previous work has appeared in the Daily Texan, the Victoria Advocate, and the Houston Defender.