- The new ‘Cats’ trailer is here to make you want to claw your eyes out Thursday 7:59 PM
- Bella Thorne claims Tana Mongeau ‘broke girl code’ in a series of messy tweets Thursday 7:00 PM
- Redditors keep this data engineer’s plants alive for him Thursday 5:20 PM
- Professor writes article defending ‘Asian romantic preference’—and no one is here for it Thursday 4:57 PM
- Ditch Pornhub and support adult content creators instead Thursday 4:46 PM
- Fans grieve Kyoto Animation Studio fire with #PrayforKyoAni Thursday 4:18 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Secret Obsession’ isn’t just terrible—it’s boring as hell Thursday 3:30 PM
- Instagram expands experiment of hiding likes to 6 more countries Thursday 3:20 PM
- Man asks woman to stop speaking Spanish on a plane—and bystanders start speaking Spanish Thursday 12:55 PM
- Schumer calls on FBI, FTC to investigate FaceApp Thursday 12:41 PM
- Netflix loses subscribers—but hopes some tentpole shows can save it Thursday 12:10 PM
- Man utterly roasted for saying women can’t ask for equality in revealing clothing Thursday 12:07 PM
- Instagram struggles to remove photos of Bianca Devins’ dead body Thursday 11:14 AM
- ‘Storm Area 51’ creator says its gotten so big he’s worried about the FBI Thursday 10:49 AM
- Everyone loves Q baby, the baby who apparently supports QAnon Thursday 9:53 AM
“I don’t know how to smoke anything, honestly”
Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk said during a recent interview that he has “no idea how to smoke pot.”
Speaking with CBS reporter Leslie Stahl, Musk responded to criticism over his September appearance on the Joe Rogan Experience podcast in which he appeared to smoke marijuana.
“What about the pot?” Stahl asks in a teaser for the interview, set to air Sunday.
Musk replied by stating that he did not even possess the knowledge to smoke pot properly.
“I do not smoke pot,” Musk said.
Many of the podcast’s viewers argued on YouTube at the time that the entrepreneur failed to even inhale the substance.
“As anybody who watched that podcast could tell, I have no idea how to smoke pot, or anything,” Musk added. “I don’t know how to smoke anything, honestly.”
Musk had previously commented on marijuana in August after sending out his controversial “funding secured” tweet. The engineer said at the time that he would take Tesla private when shares reached $420, a number that also refers to smoking marijuana.
“Weed is not helpful for productivity,” Musk told the New York Times. “There’s a reason for the word ‘stoned.’ You just sit there like a stone on weed.”
Musk also answered questions during the segment surrounding other controversies and his popular Twitter account, where he goes head-to-head with critics and boasts of his love for anime.
Mikael Thalen is a tech and security reporter based in Seattle, covering social media, data breaches, hackers, and more.