- Spotify will soon let you block R. Kelly Monday 6:01 PM
- New Click to Pray app lets you pray with Pope Francis Monday 5:30 PM
- Social media influencer known for hiking in bikinis dead at 36 Monday 4:54 PM
- Trump posts altered pics on social media to make fingers look longer, report Monday 3:20 PM
- Twitch user banned after telling woman to ‘kill yourself’ during stream Monday 3:06 PM
- Facebook introduces ‘Community Actions’ tool to petition the government Monday 2:04 PM
- Sarah Sanders, NRA deliver truly misguided MLK tributes today Monday 12:58 PM
- MAGA teen who confronted Native elder says he ‘respects all races’ Monday 12:57 PM
- Popular YouTube channel in danger of disappearing because of copyright claims Monday 12:24 PM
- The Krassensteins’ Reddit AMA gets trolled off the internet Monday 12:08 PM
- No, Trump didn’t break open the Pizzagate scandal in 2011 Monday 11:23 AM
- Producer of anti-abortion film says Facebook refuses to run his ads Monday 10:58 AM
- Ja Rule thinks he was also a victim of Fyre Fest Monday 10:21 AM
- YouTube beef between RiceGum and H3H3 gets ugly—and personal Monday 10:02 AM
- ‘Fox & Friends’ accidentally airs obituary graphic for Ruth Bader Ginsburg Monday 9:40 AM
Liven up your iMessage conversations with these free stickers.
Included with Apple’s iOS 10 release is a beefed up iMessage. Users can now download apps from within the Messages app, which has its own App Store. You’ll find a collection of iMessage-only apps for sticker packs that you can send to your contacts, Facebook-style.
There are already tons of options to choose from. Most of the really good ones, such as the Disney and Star Wars packs, require you to spend a few bucks. But if you’re not ready to splurge on stickers just yet, here are a few that you can download and use for free:
Apart from being able to play the game, you can also have the beloved character grace your conversations. Make Mario sit atop your message bubble. Have him pop-up next to your friend’s replies. Heck, you can even turn yourself or your friend into Mario for kicks! So many fun options.
Super Mario Run/Apple
Why is this cat under a paper bag? According to the sticker pack’s page on the App Store, Paper Bag Cat is a “former pageant contestant who grew tired of all the attention and decided to leave the life of glitz and glamour behind.” That, and it enjoys being grumpy and flying on pizza, among other things. Pretty much like most of the people you know, amirite?
Toca Life Paper Bag Cat/Apple
In case you’re not that much into paper bag cats, here’s a pack that features 20 different dog breeds!
P.S. I Love Dogs/Apple
It’s been quite a while since Angry Birds was at the height of its popularity, but since it recently became a movie, it definitely warrants its own sticker pack.
Angry Birds Stickers/Apple
I mean, the opportunity to send out pig butts…who can resist?
5) Retro Emoji
Even though there are countless of ways to type the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ emoji, sometimes, pasting a sticker is just easier.
No explanation necessary.
Take the blahness out of having just one font in your text messages with this sticker pack that features various types of scripts. It includes a lot of common phrases too, which should save you some time and maybe teach you some new lingo. (Apparently, “weck” is short for “what the heck.” Who knew?)
Take Heart Calligraphy Stickers/Apple
8) Pizza Friend
Only if you are one.
If you’re unsure about spending for the Disney sticker pack, this is a great alternative… and it’s free! Cookie Monster isn’t a Disney character, of course, but he’s just as cute and iconic.
Cookie Monster Stickers/Apple
If texting about beauty and makeup and hairstyles is your thing, then you’ll probably enjoy exchanging these stickers with your glam gal pals.
Sephojis Sephora Stickers/Apple
Jam Kotenko is a technology reporter and graphic designer who specializes in coverage of Instagram, Facebook, and other social media apps. Her work has been published by Digital Trends, Bustle, and Gotta Be Mobile.