- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
Buying junk food in bulk has never been easier.
Finally, your dreams of purchasing 12 jumbo bags of puffy Cheetos without being judged at the checkout line have come true. Amazon‘s Prime Pantry is the online giant’s grocery delivery service, offering Prime members exclusive deals on household items, non-perishable goods, and special Amazon-branded snacks.
What is Amazon Prime Pantry
Prime Pantry, like other Amazon instant services, is competing with other grocery apps like Instacart, which also delivers groceries conveniently to your front door. No matter which service you choose, not lifting a finger to bring in your weekly haul is certainly a millennial dream. And with Amazon’s recent acquisition of Whole Foods, it’s only a matter of time before drones are delivering organic produce to your doorstep.
Amazon Prime Pantry is a solid option for getting the necessities your kitchen lacks, especially if grocery stores give you anxiety, you don’t own a car to get to a store, or you’re just feeling too lazy to pick up that one last item you forgot. All reasons are acceptable in 2017.
How does Amazon Prime Pantry work?
Ordering Prime Pantry items is identical to any other Amazon service. You can simply search for and select the items you want, using the same familiar Amazon interface.
Instead of adding the items to your cart, Prime Pantry adds your groceries to your Pantry Box. The box varies in size and can hold up to 45 pounds worth of groceries.
The concept (and downside) of Amazon Prime Pantry is that the service only ships non-perishable food items that can survive in your pantry. However, you probably wouldn’t care to eat Cheez-Its that have been in your pantry for three months.
Pantry users won’t find any fresh produce in their boxes, but the Pantry items offered are pretty extensive, and not limited to:
- Snacks like Oreos and granola
- Canned and bottled beverages like soda
- Cleaning supplies like Windex and towels
- Laundry supplies like Tide detergent
- Food storage like Tupperware
- Hygiene products like toothpaste
- Pet care products and food
- Medication and first aid products
If you are a loyal Prime customer, though, Amazon Fresh will surely fulfill at least some of your organic produce needs. Amazon Fresh isn’t widely available as Prime Pantry just yet, but punching in your zip code will let you see if it’s available in your area.
What are the best Amazon Prime Pantry deals?
Prime Pantry doesn’t mess around when it comes to offering weekly deals. The grocery service doesn’t provide off-branded goods, only featuring regular brands.
Currently, if you buy five pantry items, the $6 shipping fee will be waived. If you make a $30 purchase of select skin, oral health products, or hair care, you’ll receive $5 off your total order and score free shipping.
There are coupons for many pantry items from food to health care that will save you up to 25 percent off compared to your local store, and clicking the green coupon button will apply the discount in your cart. When you are buying in bulk, these discounts can make a difference.
Here are the best steals we think you should include in your Pantry Box:
Deal: A box of 18 Gevalia K-Cups are nearly $11 with a 20 percent off coupon. Coffee is an essential part of your day, so these are obviously going in your Pantry Box.
Deal: These chips are a great healthy alternative to snacking for you or the office. The bulk order comes with 24 packs and is 25 percent off.
- What’s new on Amazon Prime
- The sexiest NSFW movies on Amazon Prime
- The best documentaries on Amazon Prime
Deal: An order of 18 boxes for 20 percent off. Who wouldn’t want an infinite amount of macaroni and cheese delivered to their doorstep?
Deal: Amazon offers one pack of six paper towel rolls with a dollar off coupon. A way better deal than having to carry it to your car.
5) Tide Pods
Deal: $3 off a pack of Tide Pods detergent. These little magical pods are expensive so this deal is a no-brainer.
Deal: One pack of 8 razor blade refills with a $4 off coupon. No explanation needed.
Deal: Amazon is killing the health game by offering a significant discount off a package of 30 daily probiotic capsules. Probiotics are typically hefty in pricing, so this deal is a no-brainer. A smart buy after all those Cheetos.
- The best movies on Amazon Prime
- Here are 6 Amazon products that are definitely not for cocaine
- The Amazon Fire Stick can help you finally cut the cord
- Chromecast vs Roku vs Amazon Fire: What’s best for you?
Deal: A twin pack of Dove body wash for $2 off with a coupon.
Prime Pantry also offers Amazon’s own brand of goodies to snack on, called Prime Wicked. Little snacks like corn tortilla chips and cheddar popcorn are a few of the cleverly packaged choices. There are also recipes to spark a few ideas in the kitchen.
Prime Pantry only applies to 48 states in the continental U.S., so if you live in Puerto Rico, Alaska, Hawaii, or in a different country, you won’t be able to order. Boxes are only shipped to residential and business address, which doesn’t include P.O. boxes, Amazon Lockers, or military mail like APO, FPO, and DPO addresses.
Prime’s 2-day shipping isn’t applied to pantry orders, so a little planning is necessary since ground shipping is the only option and typically takes an average of four days.
Stay tuned for the day Amazon launches grocery deliveries via Prime Air drone.
Looking for more help? Here’s what you need to know about Amazon Alexa and how to use Amazon Alexa as an intercom system, Amazon Lockers, how to sell on Amazon, Amazon Prime membership and if it’s really worth it.
Kristen Hubby is a tech and lifestyle reporter. Her writing focuses on sex, pop culture, streaming entertainment, and social media, with an emphasis on major platforms like Snapchat, YouTube, and Spotify. Her work has also appeared in Austin Monthly and the Austin American-Statesman, where she covered local news and the dining scene in Austin, Texas.