Francis II is known to many worldwide as a pope, but secondly, as a reformer. His successor, Lenny Belardo, is in many ways his antithesis, being both vibrant, young, and incredibly conservative. This “Young Pope” fell prey to the international intrigue that comes with heading one of the world’s oldest and most powerful institutions. Now, after experiencing a bit of a breakdown at the end of season 1, The New Pope will pick up the saga of Pope Pius XIII, as he contends with the installation of John Paul III.
Here’s everything you need to know to watch The New Pope.
The New Pope cast
- Jude Law as Pope Pius XIII (born Lenny Belardo)
- John Malkovich as Pope John Paul III
- Silvio Orlando as Cardinal Angelo Voiello
- Cécile de France as Sofia Dubois
- Javier Cámara as Cardinal Bernardo Gutierrez
- Ludivine Sagnier as Esther
- Maurizio Lombardi as Cardinal Mario Assente
- Marcello Romolo as Cardinal Tommaso Viglietti/Pope Francis II
- Mark Ivanir as Bauer, the ambassador of the Holy See
- Henry Goodman as Danny, Sir John Brannox’s butler
- Massimo Ghini as Cardinal Spalletta
What channel is The New Pope on?
The New Pope is available exclusively on HBO. The season will be nine episodes.
When does The New Pope air?
The New Pope premiers on Monday, January 10 at 9pm ET. New episodes will air Mondays at the same time.
How to watch The New Pope
1) Hulu and Hulu with Live TV
- Cost: $7.99-$11.99 for Hulu or $54.99 per month for Hulu with Live TV | $14.99 per month for HBO
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Adding HBO to your Hulu account is easy. If you’re looking for an online cable package that comes with all that great Hulu on-demand content, Hulu with Live TV is a great offer at a great price. You’ll have almost 60 channels to flip through, including HGTV, a full suite of ESPN channels, Cartoon Network, FX, and even deep cuts like Nat Geo Wild and Syfy. Whichever Hulu package you choose, adding HBO will cost $14.99 a month after your free trial expires. (Here’s the complete list of Hulu Live TV channels.)
- The best new movies on Hulu: 2018 new releases to watch
- The best thrillers on Hulu
- Funny movies on Hulu when you need a good laugh
- 10 sad movies on Hulu guaranteed to make you cry
- Cost: $14.99 per month for HBO | $119 per year for Prime
- Devices: Amazon Fire Stick, Fire TV, Fire tablets, and Fire phone; Roku, Google TV, TiVo, Nvidia Shield, PlayStation 3 and 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Wii
HBO is one of the best standalone channels available for purchase on Amazon Prime Video. If you’re a Prime member, it’s a convenient way to stream HBO hits like Veep, True Detective, and Game of Thrones. You’ll have access to live streaming and on-demand, so you can catch up on old episodes if you need to rewatch.
3) HBO Now
- Cost: $14.99 per month
- Devices: Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire TV Cube, Android TV, Apple TV, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, Roku, Samsung Smart TV, Xbox One and Xbox 360.
If all you want is HBO, its proprietary on-demand service HBO Now will give you instant access to the channel’s entire history of his shows, movies, and documentaries, along with the ability to live stream new shows and specials. You’ll never run out of things to watch.
- The best movies on HBO Go and HBO Now
- The best HBO documentaries
- The best new movies on HBO: 2018 new releases
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.