Most HGTV shows feature a duo that consists of either a husband and wife, mother and daughter, or a sister team-up. So it’s refreshing the network is introducing Mom & Me, a mother-son duo who restore old homes in Bend, Oregon.
There are a couple of spins that make this show unique in comparison to other home reno shows. For one, Karrie Trowbridge is not only the design arm of the duo but also a licensed contractor, a role that’s been traditionally reserved for HGTV’s muscled men. Second, her son and business partner, Tristan, is only 22 years old, making him the youngest addition to the network’s current lineup.
Despite being a young, new dynamic, the two aren’t any less experienced. According to Bend Magazine, the family slept in a tent for two months while they searched for their own starter home, eventually settling on a 1923 Craftsman house in “terrible shape.” The Trowbridges enjoyed fixing it so much, they’ve made a living off of remodeling for the past two decades.
Here’s how to watch Mom & Me online for free.
What channel is Mom & Me on?
Mom & Me premieres Saturday, April 6 at 11pm ET on HGTV. The show ran a pilot in August 2017 and because of its good reception, was picked up for a six-episode season.
How to watch Mom & Me for free
Mom & Me is available on several of the major TV streaming services, so how do you choose the one that’s best for you? We recommend comparing the price, the included channels, and the compatible devices for streaming.
If you just want to watch Mom & Me for free, you’re in luck because every service includes a complimentary one-week trial. That’s cheaper than the roughest house in Bend, Oregon.
1) Sling TV
- Cost: $25-$40 per month (40% off first month)
- Devices: Amazon Fire TV, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
Sling TV is well known for its live TV streaming services, but it offers thousands of titles on-demand, including seasons 1-3 of Mom & Me as well as other HGTV shows. There are two basic cable packages based on your particular needs (Sling Orange and Sling Blue), each costing $25 per month. Either individual package includes HGTV, but you’re getting significantly more TV with Sling Blue (42 channels) than Sling Orange (28 channels). If you want the best bang for your buck, we recommend the upgrade to Sling Orange + Blue for just $15 more at $40 monthly. It’s an especially good choice if you or someone else in the house is a sports fan since you get all the top channels like three ESPN offerings, FS1 and FS2, NBCSN, NFL Network, and more. (Here’s the complete guide to Sling TV channels.)
- Cost: $7.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Hulu with Live TV offers live access to season 1 of Mom & Me. Though it’s not available on-demand, there are 22 other HGTV shows for you to binge. That gives you the best of both HGTV-viewing worlds. Plus, there are 60 other great channels to choose from, including The CW, ABC, ESPN, and more. You’ll also get tons of great movies and original programs exclusively available on Hulu. (Here’s the complete list of Hulu Live TV channels.)
- Cost: $16 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Philo devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, iOS and Android devices
Philo is the most budget-friendly live TV streaming service at just $16 monthly. Though it only offers 40 channels, you get plenty of bang for your buck in cable entertainment. It has HGTV for your Mom & Me fix, plus all the other Scripps Network (now owned by Discovery) channels, including DIY Network, Food Network, the Travel Channel, and more. You get a sizable amount of other entertainment options, like AMC, Comedy Central, and two Lifetime channels, just to name a few. It is notably lacking in sports or news channels, though. (Here’s a complete guide to Philo channels.)
- Cost: $44.99 for the first month, $54.99 per month thereafter (after a 7-day free trial)
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, Fox, NBC, CBS, the CW (in some markets) (check local availability here)
FuboTV is one of the better options for households with sports fanatics. It is also one of the most generous streaming services, with 85 channels included its most basic package. In addition to HGTV, you gain access to a slew of great networks, including Food Network, Lifetime, two Hallmark channels, Bravo, MTV, and more. The CW may not be available in your market, so be sure to check before subscribing. There are also packages that cater to fans of basketball, international soccer, cycling, fishing, and more. (Here’s the complete FuboTV channels list.)
- Cost: $44.99-$79.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- PlayStation Vue devices: PlayStation 3 and 4, Roku, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast, Kodi, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, Fox, ABC, CBS (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
Despite the name, you don’t actually need a PlayStation console to use Sony’s streaming service. It works just fine with Roku, Amazon Fire devices, and even Kodi. The basic package will give you popular channels, like AMC, HGTV, ESPN, FX, and more. There will be some variation in local channels depending on your ZIP code though, so be sure to check. Stream on up to five devices under one account, with unlimited cloud DVR storage. (Here are all of PlayStation Vue channels.)
Other ways to watch Mom & Me online
1) Amazon Video
- Cost: $2.99/episode, $14.99/season
- Devices: Amazon Fire Stick, Fire TV, Fire tablets, and Fire phone; Roku, Google TV, TiVo, Nvidia Shield, PlayStation 3 and 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Wii
You can watch past episodes of Mom & Me with a Firestick or on your TV, tablet, phone, or computer with Amazon Video. It costs $2.99 per episode, or you can buy a season pass for $14.99. There’s no free trial for this option, but it does allow you to own the titles permanently since they’re not guaranteed to stay on other services.
You can watch Mom & Me live through the HGTV website with a provider. You can also log in with your Sling account or other live streaming services. Mom & Me episodes are not currently available on-demand, but you will gain access to other shows.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.