You wouldn’t think grown adults bickering about their professional capabilities and tearing each other’s accomplishments down would make for great entertainment, but 15 seasons of Love It or List It proves otherwise.
Like most design shows, Love It or List It starts with a family facing a dilemma: their current home does not meet their unique needs. Interior designer Hilary Farr and real estate agent David Visentin compete with a sibling-like rivalry to convince the family to renovate their current space or sell it and find a house that’s move-in ready elsewhere. It’s kind of like if your standard makeover design show and House Hunters had a baby.
Since 2008, the show has run a whopping 130 episodes. While design trends have changed in the past 11 years, there’s still something entertaining about the competitive nature, which makes it a timeless binge-watch.
Here’s how to watch Love It or List It online for free.
What channel is Love It or List It on?
Love It or List It airs on HGTV in the U.S. It also appears on Canadian channels W Network and OWN Canada.
How to watch Love It or List It for free
Love It or List It is available on several of the major TV streaming services, so how do you choose the one that’s best for you? We recommend comparing the price, the included channels, and the compatible devices for streaming.
If you just want to watch Love It or List It for free, you’re in luck because every service includes a complimentary one-week trial. That’s cheaper than any renovation budget Hillary Farr’s ever seen.
1) Sling TV
- Cost: $25-$40 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Devices: Amazon Fire TV, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
Sling TV is well known for its live TV streaming services, but it offers thousands of titles on-demand, including all 78 episodes of Love It or List It as well as other HGTV shows. There are two cable packages based on your particular needs (Sling Orange and Sling Blue), each costing $25 per month. Either individual package includes HGTV, but you’re getting significantly more TV with Sling Blue (42 channels) than Sling Orange (28 channels). If you want the best bang for your buck, we recommend the upgrade to Sling Orange + Blue for just $15 more at $40 monthly. It’s an especially good choice if you or someone else in the house is a sports fan since you get all the top channels like three ESPN networks, FS1 and FS2, NBCSN, NFL Network, and more. (Here’s the complete guide to Sling TV channels.)
- Cost: $7.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Hulu offers all the episodes for three random seasons (6, 11, 12) on-demand, totaling 26 episodes. There are 22 other HGTV shows on-demand for you to binge. Hulu’s VOD service has the cheapest monthly fee for Love It or List It fans, but Hulu with Live TV gives you the best of both worlds: access to on-demand content and live TV streaming, including local networks. That way you can tune in when HGTV runs its popular Love It or List It marathons and watch your favorite Chip and Jo moments anytime you want. There are 60 channels to choose from, including The CW, ABC, ESPN, and more. You’ll also get tons of great movies and original programs exclusively available on Hulu. (Here’s the complete list of Hulu Live TV channels.)
- Cost: $16 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Philo devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, iOS and Android devices
Philo is the most budget-friendly live TV streaming service at $16 monthly. Though it only offers 40 channels, you get plenty of bang for your buck in cable entertainment. It has HGTV for your Love It or List It fix, plus all the other Scripps Network (now owned by Discovery) channels, including DIY Network, Food Network, Travel Channel, and more. You get a sizable amount of other entertainment options, like AMC, Comedy Central, and two Lifetime channels, just to name a few. It is notably lacking in sports or news channels though. (Here’s a complete guide to Philo channels.)
- Cost: $44.99 for your first month and $54.99 per month thereafter (after a 7-day free trial)
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, Fox, NBC, CBS, the CW (in some markets) (check local availability here)
FuboTV is one of the better options for households with sports fanatics. It is also one of the most generous streaming services, with 85 channels included its most basic package. In addition to HGTV, you gain access to a slew of great networks, including Food Network, Lifetime, two Hallmark channels, Bravo, MTV, and more. The CW may be available in your market, so be sure to check before subscribing. There are also packages that cater to fans of basketball, international soccer, cycling, fishing, and more. (Here’s the complete FuboTV channels list.)
- Cost: $44.99-$79.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- PlayStation Vue devices: PlayStation 3 and 4, Roku, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast, Kodi, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, Fox, ABC, CBS (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
Despite the name, you don’t actually need a PlayStation console to use Sony’s streaming service. It works just fine with Roku, Amazon Fire devices, and Kodi. The basic package will give you popular channels, like AMC, HGTV, ESPN, FX, and more. There will be some variation in local channels depending on your zip code though, so be sure to check. Stream on up to five devices under one account, with unlimited cloud DVR storage. (Here are all of PlayStation Vue channels.)
Other ways to watch Love It or List It online
- Cost: $2.99/episode, $23.99/season
- Devices: Amazon Fire Stick, Fire TV, Fire tablets, and Fire phone; Roku, Google TV, TiVo, Nvidia Shield, PlayStation 3 and 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Wii
You can watch past episodes of Love It or List It with a Firestick or on your TV, tablet, phone, or computer with Amazon Video. It costs $2.99 per episode, or you can buy an entire season starting at $23.99. This is definitely the costliest way to access the shows, though it does allow you to own the titles permanently since it’s not guaranteed to stay on other services.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.