After tearing the world of U.K. and U.S. politics a new one with The Thick of It and VEEP respectively, Armando Ianucci’s newest comedy is going where no man has gone before: space.
Avenue 5 is set “in the future, mostly in space” onboard an interplanetary cruise ship that’s experienced a massive systems malfunction which sends the titular vessel far off course. The course back to earth is estimated to take years, and the ship only has about a month’s worth of supplies to sustain its many passengers. Led by Captain Clark (Hugh Laurie), the crew of the Avenue 5 must do everything they can to maintain order amongst its passengers as they make the long slog home.
Here’s everything you need to know to watch Avenue 5.
|HOW TO STREAM ‘AVENUE 5’|
|HULU WITH LIVE TV||TRY NOW|
|AMAZON PRIME||TRY NOW|
Avenue 5 cast
- Hugh Laurie as Ryan Clark
- Suzy Nakamura as Iris Kimura
- Rebecca Front as Karen Kelly
- Zach Woods as Matt Spencer
- Josh Gad as Herman Judd
- Nikki Amuka-Bird as Rav Mulcair
- Lenora Crichlow as Billie McEvoy
- Ethan Phillips as Spike Williams
- Himesh Patel as Jordan Hatwal
What channel is Avenue 5 on?
Avenue 5 is available exclusively on HBO.
When does Avenue 5 air?
Avenue 5 premiers on Sunday, January 19 at 7pm ET. Subsequent episodes will air on Sundays at the same time.
How to watch Avenue 5
The new Armando Ianucci comedy is only available on HBO. But there are plenty of options to access the premium cable channel.
- Cost: $14.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial) for HBO | $119 per year for Prime
- Devices: Amazon Fire Stick, Fire TV, Fire tablets, and Fire phone; Roku, Google TV, TiVo, Nvidia Shield, PlayStation 3 and 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Wii
HBO is one of the best standalone channels available for purchase on Amazon Prime Video. If you’re a Prime member, it’s a convenient way to stream HBO hits like Veep, True Detective, and Game of Thrones. You’ll have access to live streaming and on-demand, so you can catch up on old episodes if you need to rewatch.
2) HBO Now
- Cost: $14.99 per month (after 7-day free trial)
- Devices: Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire TV Cube, Android TV, Apple TV, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, Roku, Samsung Smart TV, Xbox One and Xbox 360.
If all you want is HBO, its proprietary on-demand service HBO Now will give you instant access to the channel’s entire history of his shows, movies, and documentaries, along with the ability to live stream new shows and specials. You’ll never run out of things to watch.
- The best movies on HBO Go and HBO Now
- The best HBO documentaries
- The best new movies on HBO: 2018 new releases
3) Hulu and Hulu with Live TV
- Cost: $5.99-$11.99 for Hulu or $54.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial) for Hulu with Live TV | $14.99 per month for HBO
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Adding HBO to your Hulu account is easy. If you’re looking for an online cable package that comes with all that great Hulu on-demand content, Hulu with Live TV is a great offer at a great price. You’ll have almost 60 channels to flip through, including HGTV, a full suite of ESPN channels, Cartoon Network, FX, and even deep cuts like Nat Geo Wild and Syfy. Whichever Hulu package you choose, adding HBO will cost $14.99 a month after your free trial expires. (Here’s the complete list of Hulu Live TV channels.)
- The best new movies on Hulu: 2018 new releases to watch
- The best thrillers on Hulu
- Funny movies on Hulu when you need a good laugh
- 10 sad movies on Hulu guaranteed to make you cry
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.Ho