- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 2 Years Ago
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
- New restaurant in New York has a seriously unfortunate name: ‘Qanoon’ Saturday 1:38 PM
- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships Saturday 12:41 PM
- Google Maps helped solve a decades-old missing persons case Saturday 12:27 PM
- Teen who plotted deadly swatting prank over Call of Duty argument gets prison time Saturday 11:58 AM
- RIP to the real star of ‘Stranger Things’: Steve Harrington’s mullet Saturday 11:04 AM
- People are sharing their wholesome stories with #Hey19YearOldMe Saturday 9:20 AM
- Review: The Joule is a pricey, sleek, easy-to-use entry into sous vide Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Rams in NFL Week 2 action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Redskins in Week 2 action Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Seahawks in Week 2 NFL action Saturday 7:30 AM
In a tweet Tuesday morning, the Black Panther actor expressed her admiration for the “quiet, confident, regal” Boseman.
“Imitation is the best form of flattery,” she wrote.
In the black and white photo, Nyong’o sports black pants, a fur-lined jacket, and a necklace, just like Boseman does on the most recent cover of Rolling Stone. And Nyong’o included the hashtag #CoverCosplay just in case anyone else was feeling inspired:
Imitation is the best form of flattery: @chadwickboseman I admire your quiet, confident, regal nature. We celebrate BREAKING BOX OFFICE RECORDS with #BlackPanther for many reasons, but chief among them is because we had you as our king. More: https://t.co/40OvlUedJw #CoverCosplay pic.twitter.com/VLZYpY96gK— Lupita Nyong'o (@Lupita_Nyongo) February 20, 2018
“We celebrate BREAKING BOX OFFICE RECORDS with @blackpanther for many reasons, but chief among them is because we had you as our king,” she wrote. “You led us into the land of Wakanda without ego, without pretense, without fear. We reap the benefits now squarely because of your courage, your fierce dedication, your intense passion, and your grueling workout regimen.”
Nyong’o previously did a full-color rendition of fellow Black Panther co-star Michael B. Jordan’s British GQ cover as well, citing her appreciation for his “focus,” “ferocity,” and humbleness.
What have your coworkers done for you lately?
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.