- Everyone loves Q baby, the baby who apparently supports QAnon 1 Year Ago
- Thread about ‘depression meals’ is inspiring lots of relatable answers Today 9:36 AM
- How long is ‘Avengers: Infinity War’? Today 9:30 AM
- Rand Paul ripped for halting 9/11 Victim Fund re-authorization bill Today 9:18 AM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in August 2019 Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ creators drop out of Comic-Con at last minute Today 6:38 AM
- Inside Britt McHenry’s war on women Today 6:30 AM
- The glorious highs and unexpected quirks of 4K streaming Today 6:00 AM
- Southwest Airlines passengers receive free Nintendo Switch consoles and Mario Maker 2 Wednesday 9:10 PM
- The Deplorable Choir drops diss track aimed at 4 congresswomen from Trump’s racist tweets Wednesday 8:09 PM
- Florida city is pushing homeless people out by playing ‘Baby Shark’ on a loop Wednesday 7:27 PM
- A ‘Gossip Girl’ reboot is coming to HBO Max–and fans are not happy with the casting details Wednesday 6:44 PM
- Beto can’t leverage his slave owner ancestry to gain Black voters’ trust Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Oakland to become the third U.S. city to ban facial recognition Wednesday 5:50 PM
- ‘Release the Snyder Cut’ billboards pop up outside of San Diego Comic-Con Wednesday 5:24 PM
Lupita Nyong’o re-creates Chadwick Boseman’s viral Rolling Stone cover
The whole cast should do one of these.
In a tweet Tuesday morning, the Black Panther actor expressed her admiration for the “quiet, confident, regal” Boseman.
“Imitation is the best form of flattery,” she wrote.
In the black and white photo, Nyong’o sports black pants, a fur-lined jacket, and a necklace, just like Boseman does on the most recent cover of Rolling Stone. And Nyong’o included the hashtag #CoverCosplay just in case anyone else was feeling inspired:
Imitation is the best form of flattery: @chadwickboseman I admire your quiet, confident, regal nature. We celebrate BREAKING BOX OFFICE RECORDS with #BlackPanther for many reasons, but chief among them is because we had you as our king. More: https://t.co/40OvlUedJw #CoverCosplay pic.twitter.com/VLZYpY96gK— Lupita Nyong'o (@Lupita_Nyongo) February 20, 2018
“We celebrate BREAKING BOX OFFICE RECORDS with @blackpanther for many reasons, but chief among them is because we had you as our king,” she wrote. “You led us into the land of Wakanda without ego, without pretense, without fear. We reap the benefits now squarely because of your courage, your fierce dedication, your intense passion, and your grueling workout regimen.”
Nyong’o previously did a full-color rendition of fellow Black Panther co-star Michael B. Jordan’s British GQ cover as well, citing her appreciation for his “focus,” “ferocity,” and humbleness.
What have your coworkers done for you lately?
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.