- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Saturday 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘How High 2’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- Swipe This! My ex-BFF keeps sliding into my DMs, but I don’t want to be friends Saturday 6:30 AM
- Watch ‘I Am Somebody’s Child: The Regina Louise Story’ for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Real Sociedad for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 149 for free Saturday 5:30 AM
Kevin Hart apologizes via Instagram for drunken Super Bowl hysterics
Hart attended the Super Bowl Sunday night and as a native Philadelphian, he was predictably pumped to see the team play in the game.
Throughout the game, Hart danced it up with fellow comedian and Philadelphian Spank Horton in the bleachers.
Turns out. Kevin Hart was wilding out the whole time!
— Comedy Hype (@ComedyHype_) February 5, 2018
And at the end of the night, after his team won, a very drunk Hart headed down to the field to tell everyone about how excited he was. One of his stops included the NFL Network—where he dropped the F-word in the midst of an impassioned speech about the Eagles.
“Philadelphia is a great city and I thought, ‘I hope this is an example of what we can do,’” he said. “We gave a fuck… oops.”
— Hoop Central (@TheHoopCentral) February 5, 2018
The highlight of the night, however, was when Hart attempted to join the Eagles onstage as they approached the podium.
As the Vince Lombardi trophy was carried out, viewers could catch a glimpse of Hart arguing with security personnel about getting onstage. Thanks to YouTube user David Engel, fans can rewatch the moment over and over again.
Fans of Hart on Twitter thought his behavior Sunday night was hilarious.
Thank you @KevinHart4real for making this morning so damn hilarious …
— Peter Rosenberg (@Rosenbergradio) February 5, 2018
Kevin Hart Hammereddd on @nflnetwork
— Pat McAfee (@PatMcAfeeShow) February 5, 2018
Security: “Sorry Kevin Hart, you gotta be at least 5-feet tall to get on stage” pic.twitter.com/VHymAX2AgK
— Josiah Johnson (@KingJosiah54) February 5, 2018
I’m dead they didn’t let my man @KevinHart4real on the stage tho 😂😂😂😂
— Isaiah Canaan (@SiP03) February 5, 2018
On Monday morning a hungover Hart posted a video on Instagram and addressed the public reaction to his actions.
“To all the kids out there, I just wanna say don’t drink,” he said. “When alcohol is in your system, you do dumb stuff. Me trying to go onstage with the trophy is definitely in the top two stupid mistakes I’ve ever made, but who cares? The Eagles won the Super Bowl.”
Who gives a shit….Fllllyyyy EAGLES FLY!!!!! #iShouldHaveListenedToMyWife #iWasCaughtUpInTheMoment #iWasSuperDrunk #ImSoHappyForMyCity #AtLeastiDidntPunchaHorse #ThatSecurityGuardDidHisJob #iWantedToHoldTheTrophy #SoWhat #PhiladephiaStandUp #FreeMeekMill #EaglesEverything #WeBeatTomBrady #iShittedInMySuiteAndiDidntFlushTheToilet #ThugLife #GoEagles #iWonSoMuchMoneyOnThisGame #PhiladelphiaForever #WeFinallyGotaSuperBowl #iWitnessedHistory #iThrewUpThisMorning #SoWhatTheEaglesWon #ImGettingOld #FuckYouGaryTheBengalsSuck #MyFriendsAreTheBlame #TheyGotMeDrunk #HelpMeBabyJesus #WhereAreMySocks #iTrippedAndFellOnTheFeildAndHeardaWomanSayAintThatKevinHart #DontJudgeMe #ImBuyingaEagleWithTheMoneyiWon
A post shared by Kevin Hart (@kevinhart4real) on
Eagles fans are notorious for going wild and rioting in the streets of Philadelphia, regardless of the outcome of the game. In fact, after the game ended Sunday night, fans were documented climbing street signs, flipping over cars, setting things on fire, and climbing atop various building enclosures. As Hart wreaked havoc on the field in Minneapolis, he was just doing what any good Eagles fan would do.
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.